Confirmed Signing with Link: David Krejci returning to the Czech Republic

Ledge And Dairy

We have DeBrusk to work with. Though his value is at an all time low due his bad seasons during Covid. I would be surprised if he does not rebound in the coming normal season.
Studnicka is our only center prospect that is NHL capable right now in a franchise that needs some center hope in the next few years.
Vaakaneinen and Zboril are NHL level D that will be buried as depth on the team due to UFA acquisitions and are acceptable loses in any package. Boston has more D behind them coming up that will at least be just as good.
Next year is supposed to be a deeeeep draft, and Boston needs to rebuild their prospect cupboard due to risky drafting that has not produced as much as it should have in the way of NHL players so far.
Studnicka, Beecher, Curtis Hall, Lauko, Lysell, Achan, & Lohrei are our top level prospects. Lysell being JUST drafted is probably worth the most, sadly. Studnicka had a down year so he has slipped as a prospect in most eyes(Fans are fickle), but I expect him to be a player in Boston this year.

Boston does not have a lot of eyebrow raising options for a trade package. The few that should be had down performances during Covid and are not worth as much as they should be right now.

I don't see any package for a 2C that would wow fans on the other end of the trade here on HFBoards. If Boston is going to empty the cupboards and mortgage their future by trading picks then it needs to be for a young proven solution now to make up for it. That would be Eichel. I don't think Buffalo would even consider trading to Boston for any package that Don Sweeney would offer at this point.

With Krejci now officially out of the lineup for next season their are 30 GMs who know what Boston desperately needs and are raising their prices on their assets accordingly.

Donny will not get thrown a life raft, only an anchor at this point.
So your solution is dont do anything and be probably the 4th best team in the division unless Coyle becomes a monster at age 29. Or attempt to trade for someone that you definitely dont have the cap space for, dont have the prospects to afford, and somehow convince the other team to trade to a division rival instead of out of the conference?

Good luck with that

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So your solution is dont do anything and be probably the 4th best team in the division unless Coyle becomes a monster at age 29. Or attempt to trade for someone that you definitely dont have the cap space for, dont have the prospects to afford, and somehow convince the other team to trade to a division rival instead of out of the conference?

Good luck with that

No, the GMs solution is to not overpay and roll with what he has.

Which is why so many Bruins fans here are not happy with him and generally want him fired at this point.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So Hall left money on the table cause he fit in so well with Bruins on the 2nd line playing with Krejci. Now no Krejci and a revolving door of 3rd/4th line centers is in Halls future. What a stupid signing by Hall. Should have got more money, should have picked a team with better Centers.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
So Hall left money on the table cause he fit in so well with Bruins on the 2nd line playing with Krejci. Now no Krejci and a revolving door of 3rd/4th line centers is in Halls future. What a stupid signing by Hall. Should have got more money, should have picked a team with better Centers.
What prove is there that Hall left money on the table. I blame a good portion of this on Sweeney and Neely . Rask waits two months to get surgery ,Sweeney tells Krecji take your time making your decision we will wait on your time line which is in my opinion unheard of. then he goes out three similar players all , and I have nothing against the players but come on. Sweeney should have gotten a cheaper goalie and kept Valad ,even if it meant sending Swayman to the minors until everything got sorted out.......Now we are going another year looking RW, and now we need a second line center , and we are still hurting on D..................Please this is a total shit show , this management team is so incompetent. There is no cap space left.............I apologize for the rant but this is crazy......

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
His game was sliding and he made the decision to go home. Now with being a one line team that just is not as good by the time the playoffs come, back to finding a 2nd center to play with Hall. I think Hall is over rated but with a good center he helps take some pressure of an aging first line.

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
ICYMI: Krejčí signed with HC Mora Olomouc, as was assumed by many. Details in Czech down below. To translate the lead paragraph: After seventeen years overseas, David Krejčí is returning home. One of the best hockey players in Czech hockey history signed a one-year contract with Olomouc, where he had started playing hockey. There is also a welcome video with english subtitles in the article.

Přestup léta potvrzen! David Krejčí posílil Olomouc | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Don't laugh, it's true.

The Bruins are truly a one line team now, and 2/3 of that line are pretty old. And Rask is a huge question mark. They've gotten a lot weaker this offseason.

Im not sure going from Krejci with third line talent on the 2nd line like they have had to last 5 years to Hall with third line talent is what you think it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00