Confirmed Signing with Link: David Krejci returning to the Czech Republic

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think Coyle will get the first shot. I would like to see how he would do with some good wingers and playing healthy. If Coyle fails then Haula will likely get the next shot. Some Bruin fans are calling for Studnicka for the #2C spot but I would prefer he gets at least one full NHL season as the #3C or even the #4C.
Right I forgot about Coyle. That makes sense

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
This is a huge blow to the Bruins. In the POs this guy consistently outplays Bergeron, the Bs depth down the middle is now shot.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
feels like a weird time to call it quits on his NHL career

he had a good season last year feels like he's still got a lot left in the tank

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Has there ever been a guy in Krejci's position that just signs a contract every year at the trade deadline? Like just work 3 or 4 months out of the year and keep the mileage off of an aging body. Plus live the rest of the time living anywhere in the world with family.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
As a leafs fan: Lucic, Chara, Krejci gone.

bergeron and Marchand are next :)

as a bruins fan tavares matthews marner rielly. Never let them go toronto. Hold on tight. Nothing brings me more joy then to watch how they play the game for those 5-7 playoff games they are in each year. I was saddened to learn we couldn’t play each other in round one again this past year. But i look forward to once again meeting up with you next. Its my christmas

Reactions: HabsQC

Chevx

Jul 5, 2017
Planet Earth
As a Czech I feel like I may contribute to this thread a little bit.

Krejčí was/is one of the most enjoyable player to watch. His recent cooperation with Pastrňák really cheered us in the Czech Republic as we are constantly hearing about a downgrade of our ice hockey status. I also loved Krejčí's cooperation with Hemský, both very talented players with high hockey sense (though I must confess their on-ice combination and lack of shooting have brought me some receding hairline, haha).

In our country, Krejčí is one of the most underrated players, hands down. I guess it is mainly because of his down-to-earthness, lack of scandallous behaviour and successes with the Bruins (thus, not playing at the World Hockey Championship annually). But his statistics, especially the ones from play-offs, are next level.

As of now, he is still our 1C so I have a bad stomach about his shape regarding the Olympics. The nearest future will tell us more. I believe he will sign in Olomouc (team from his neighbourhood playing the highest league in the Czech Republic), but I can also see him signing with Sparta Praha, Brno or Třinec (which are teams with the highest goals and ambitions). It would be extremely painful for me to cheer for those teams, but Krejčí alone is a player that is impossible (edit: NOT) to cheer for.

Thanks for the ride, you have made us Czechs proud over the ocean. I hope I will be able to see your hockey art on my own eyes at least once more.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I mean you are definitely adding your 1st, how about Vaak, he's kinda screwed behind your LD depth now

We have DeBrusk to work with. Though his value is at an all time low due his bad seasons during Covid. I would be surprised if he does not rebound in the coming normal season.
Studnicka is our only center prospect that is NHL capable right now in a franchise that needs some center hope in the next few years.
Vaakaneinen and Zboril are NHL level D that will be buried as depth on the team due to UFA acquisitions and are acceptable loses in any package. Boston has more D behind them coming up that will at least be just as good.
Next year is supposed to be a deeeeep draft, and Boston needs to rebuild their prospect cupboard due to risky drafting that has not produced as much as it should have in the way of NHL players so far.
Studnicka, Beecher, Curtis Hall, Lauko, Lysell, Achan, & Lohrei are our top level prospects. Lysell being JUST drafted is probably worth the most, sadly. Studnicka had a down year so he has slipped as a prospect in most eyes(Fans are fickle), but I expect him to be a player in Boston this year.

Boston does not have a lot of eyebrow raising options for a trade package. The few that should be had down performances during Covid and are not worth as much as they should be right now.

I don't see any package for a 2C that would wow fans on the other end of the trade here on HFBoards. If Boston is going to empty the cupboards and mortgage their future by trading picks then it needs to be for a young proven solution now to make up for it. That would be Eichel. I don't think Buffalo would even consider trading to Boston for any package that Don Sweeney would offer at this point.

With Krejci now officially out of the lineup for next season their are 30 GMs who know what Boston desperately needs and are raising their prices on their assets accordingly.

Donny will not get thrown a life raft, only an anchor at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad