Confirmed with Link: David Jones to the Wild for Niklas Backstrom and a 6th round pick

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

The tank is real

I heard Treliving on the Fan while I was driving home just now. He said Ortio will get the bulk of the starts because they still want to evaluate him, Hiller will get some, and Backstrom will get some as he's a consummate pro.

3 Headed Goalie Monster -2.0

Version: Tank

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Good to know he had any value.

Bizarre ownership seem to be against retaining on any contract, UFA or not, yet doesn't mind taking on bad contracts.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Apparently he is hoping to play next season, so we may be giving him a chance to show that he still play at an nhl level

Well that's nice of them. I wonder if they're going to give Hiller the same chance for next season as well. :sarcasm:

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Uh...yeah! Let Backstrom play... so he get's another game in before he's, ahem, done. He's been such a great guy in this league, we should let him play the whole rest of the season! You know, cause it'd be nice to him... :naughty:

I just think it would be nice to see him get one last game at least. Not like we're going to light the world on fire with our other goalies

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
So how do the Flames get away with justifying having Ortio on Emergency call up now that they have 3 active goalies? Does anyone know how that rule works? Can he only play a certain amount of games for them before he has to pass through waivers?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So how do the Flames get away with justifying having Ortio on Emergency call up now that they have 3 active goalies? Does anyone know how that rule works? Can he only play a certain amount of games for them before he has to pass through waivers?

Ortio was never on emergency recall, and I'm pretty sure he'd need to clear waivers to be assigned to the AHL, which he will. If he's assigned and recalled post-deadline it counts against a specific number.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but emergency recall only applies to players called up from Junior or post deadline recalls.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Ortio was never on emergency recall, and I'm pretty sure he'd need to clear waivers to be assigned to the AHL, which he will. If he's assigned and recalled post-deadline it counts against a specific number.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but emergency recall only applies to players called up from Junior or post deadline recalls.

Ah, okay. I was just going off what this website says about him and it said that he was on emergency loan. https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flames Probably not right then because a couple other of the cap sites don't have him listed like that.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
David Jones looked really happy to leave... wish him well overall tho, and was really a big fan of Backstrom for a while but hes soooo done be nice to see him play a game tho...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Good return, great trade. Jones is off the roster and they got actual hockey pieces for him.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I almost sh** my pants when I saw "Backstrom to the Flames".

Then I saw the k in his name...

They actually both have a k in their names. It's the fact that he doesn't have a 'c' that sets him apart. Nicklas Backstrom the forward and Niklas Backstrom the goalie.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
They actually both have a k in their names. It's the fact that he doesn't have a 'c' that sets him apart. Nicklas Backstrom the forward and Niklas Backstrom the goalie.

At las, I've made sense of it. Back to sanity, and in the nick of time too, I've got a test tomorrow.

Thanks, Anglesmith

totally reached for that lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad