Player Discussion David Desharnais - The IR Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I call BS on this tweet, it's just another I tried but trades are hard to make propaganda put out there by Bergevin and company. If and I mean if it is true, why then do you not buy him out? With the trade of Eller I no longer believe that they want little Davey gone.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I'm pretty sure Bergevin tried to move PAP before being forced to buy him out. Why wouldn't he try?

DD has similar statistics to PAP, as well as they are close in age and cap hit. If DD has more value than PAP it's not significantly enough so, that Bergevin manages to find a trading partner willing to take him.

I have a suspicion that Bergevin isn't willing to retain salary in a trade and as such with Parenteau wouldn't budge. That's my own speculation but I can't believe that he couldn't have been moved.

When Parenteau signed right on July 1st for 500K less than what it would have cost to retain salary I felt vindicated. Had we seriously been looking at moving him I'm sure the Leafs gladly would have traded a 7th round pick for Parenteau at 2 million instead of just signing him at 1.5. Sure its a slightly worse deal than what they got but it would have more or less been the same and they would have gotten Parenteau, a guy they obviously coveted, without facing competition from the rest of the league.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If wee Davey is in the lineup in October, then our guys don't care about winning...it's really that simple...and disturbing.

If he is, I hope he is fully recovered from his(cough)injury. Eller is traded so Davey stays, it's that simple. They should have kept Eller to center the third line with Shaw on his wing and a younger player to round it out. We now have Danault instead because his talent made Eller expendable.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I call BS on this tweet, it's just another I tried but trades are hard to make propaganda put out there by Bergevin and company. If and I mean if it is true, why then do you not buy him out? With the trade of Eller I no longer believe that they want little Davey gone.

There is simply no market for Dâvide at the TDL. It's pretty obvious that no playoff teams want to acquire a playoffs liability.

The market exist during the off-season, but Bergevin is probably asking too much in return if he's trying to move him at all.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There is simply no market for Dâvide at the TDL. It's pretty obvious that no playoff teams want to acquire a playoffs liability.

The market exist during the off-season, but Bergevin is probably asking too much in return if he's trying to move him at all.

They are not trying to move him, if David Clarkson can be moved, anybody can be moved. Clarkson had a terrible contract and was still able to be moved. You can retain salary, every team does it. He is here to stay and at no time last year was he ever openly criticized for his abysmal play but guys like Eller,Subban, Bealieau and Galchenyuk were openly chastised by the coach and media. Man they even sacrificed our drafted franchise center in favor of him and when Tony asked them about it in the season ending presser they did not even address it. Is this a joke?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
We need the video clip of Davey asking his dad can he go over the boards while Lars sits and watches. I think it would be very fitting.

NoNJ3FV.gif

https://streamable.com/81o5

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
They are not trying to move him, if David Clarkson can be moved, anybody can be moved. Clarkson had a terrible contract and was still able to be moved. You can retain salary, every team does it. He is here to stay and at no time last year was he ever openly criticized for his abysmal play but guys like Eller,Subban, Bealieau and Galchenyuk were openly chastised by the coach and media. Man they even sacrificed our drafted franchise center in favor of him and when Tony asked them about it in the season ending presser they did not even address it. Is this a joke?

This is the MB GM tenure in a nutshell

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

They use DD like a core player, so they probably don't expect scrap in return if they trade him.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
why do people keep saying dd asked to go out? he just said they are missing a player and so MT sends him out.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
why do people keep saying dd asked to go out? he just said they are missing a player and so MT sends him out.
It's the subtext of the gif my man. We know that DD and MT have a special relationship, we know that Lacroix was utterly terrible this year, we know that Lars was underutilized by MT this entire time, we see on our bench Eller, Danault, Byron and DD (puke), we see DD is the extra man... and we're reminded of this horror season where going into next year all that's changed so far is Eller going out for Shaw.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
If wee Davey is in the lineup in October, then our guys don't care about winning...it's really that simple...and disturbing.

Who would be your 3rd center and give me the offensive production you predict from him please. I'm curious.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Who would be your 3rd center and give me the offensive production you predict from him please. I'm curious.

...that's the thing; we don't want a 3rd line centre for Offensive Production, we need one that can take the heavy lifting defensive duties so our top 2 lines can focus on offence...Desharnais is terrible defensively and as our #3C would only take offensive opportunities/starts away from Galchenyuk & Plekanec, which we don't want...

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
...that's the thing; we don't want a 3rd line centre for Offensive Production, we need one that can take the heavy lifting defensive duties so our top 2 lines can focus on offence...Desharnais is terrible defensively and as our #3C would only take offensive opportunities/starts away from Galchenyuk & Plekanec, which we don't want...

We?... I don't mind an offensive minded exploitation 3rd line. You speak for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad