Player Discussion David Desharnais - The Go-To Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Carr played so well yesterday, he was hungry. Sending him back was good, now he's more aware he still have to fight for a spot and he might have to do his whole career because he's limited talent, he's not gonna make it if he's not outworking opponents everys shift and yesterday he did just that

He's making Desharnais expendable so is Danault great work so far. I hope DD is gone after Christmas

The sooner the better as far as DD is concerned.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Was it 6 games ago that DD was back on the 1st line and the world was ending?

Here we are DD looking to be scratched. Peripheral player like we have been saying.

I am sure though the minute he is back in the lineup it will start out again DD on 1st line, DD 1st wave, DD everywhere.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Carr played so well yesterday, he was hungry. Sending him back was good, now he's more aware he still have to fight for a spot and he might have to do his whole career because he's limited talent, he's not gonna make it if he's not outworking opponents everys shift and yesterday he did just that

He's making Desharnais expendable so is Danault great work so far. I hope DD is gone after Christmas

Right now everyone is making DD expendable even some guys in the AHL. In fact nobody is making DD expendable he is the one making himself expendable.

Since returning from injury last year he has 7 points in 21 games (pace of 27 points over 82 games). Adrighetto has 10 points in 21 games in the same period of time. This a very small sample size and the season is still young but if things don't change it's not enough to stay in the lineup as far as i'm concerned. If the guy had intangibles then yeah but his main and maybe only contribution to a team is offense.

Some kids in the AHL could do as well offensively as he is right now and those kids could use that ice time to improve. I think if you give 13-14 minutes a game to a guy like Hudon he'll do 25 points and he might improve eventually. We are in a win now mode and i think wasting time on a player not under contract for next year who is not contributing much and doesn't possess "intangibles" is not a good asset management. I would give him another 15-20 games but if by the end of December he doesn't get things going i would waive him and call a kid "burning" the AHL.

Jul 6, 2016
Why so many threads and so much hate for a guy playing barely 10 minutes a nite ? And most of the time, he is not even the worst Hab on ice.

Jul 6, 2016
he was scratched around the same time 2 years ago and ended up on the first line anyway

i'm just saying

If he,s back on 1st line - which I doubt strongly - it will be because this team is in deep ****....

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
he was scratched around the same time 2 years ago and ended up on the first line anyway

i'm just saying

This player should have been waived and told honestly we are going in a different direction.
It is time to lend some credence to the statement that "Danault made Eller expendable"
Danault for 3C...

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Sheltering Galchenyuk knowing he had missed of full year of development in junior, while he was still raw in terms of his fundamentals (skating, shooting, decision making with the puck, fitness) was a good move imo. Trusting the combination of Plekanec, Eller and most of all DD to get the job done at center in the meantime, while Price was giving us a legit shot at the cup, was the really bad decision. And now that Galchenyuk is coming into is own, it looks like Plekanec is regressing significantly so we're still generally weak at center :shakehead

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Was it 6 games ago that DD was back on the 1st line and the world was ending?

Here we are DD looking to be scratched. Peripheral player like we have been saying.

I am sure though the minute he is back in the lineup it will start out again DD on 1st line, DD 1st wave, DD everywhere.

We're about to hear how they're benching him so he can make his triumphant return to the 1st line the following game

Because, of course, nothing can be more important to Therrien, then seeing DD succeed

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
DD out. danault in

vwMin.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
it'll be interesting to see who the scapegoat is if the Habs lose tomorrow night with DD out of the lineup.

Everyone's favorite punching bag won't be there to take it anymore

Pacioretty? You're up I guess lol

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
DD out. danault in

While DD was scratched before this move in particular could be huge considering how Danault has played and how highly Bergy thought of him. If DD is to be traded or not resigned it is crucial that Danault does well and shows that DD is redundant

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
it'll be interesting to see who the scapegoat is if the Habs lose tomorrow night with DD out of the lineup.

Everyone's favorite punching bag won't be there to take it anymore

Pacioretty? You're up I guess lol

Hm. We won.

Strange that we'd win without David ''Best Possible Option'' Desharnais in the lineup.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hm. We won.

Strange that we'd win without David ''Best Possible Option'' Desharnais in the lineup.

Like I said, it'll be interesting to see who the punching bag is should the Habs lose tonight.

Only half of this boards favorite punching bags will be available for the game tomorrow (Therrien)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Will be more interesting to see what happen if we win and dominate without DD. I've said for a while a guy like Carr should play instead of Flynn. The answer is often you don't change a winning lineup. So if the team wins next game and outshot the opponent for the first time since forever it will be interesting to see if the coach brings back DD in the lineup despite the team good peformance.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I don't follow the news much, but DD being scratched has to rank among the biggest news of the day, right? A real earthquake that will be felt for years! :sarcasm:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Will be more interesting to see what happen if we win and dominate without DD. I've said for a while a guy like Carr should play instead of Flynn. The answer is often you don't change a winning lineup. So if the team wins next game and outshot the opponent for the first time since forever it will be interesting to see if the coach brings back DD in the lineup despite the team good peformance.

If the team dominates the Kings tomorrow...I seriously doubt it will be because Carr plays more or over Flynn.

If this team dominates any games, it's because it's best and most important players (Price, Weber, Markov, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Radulov, Gallagher, Plekanec) all showed up to play

Guys like Carr, Flynn, Desharnais etc are all support players, they rarely have an impact on the game by themselves.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Like I said, it'll be interesting to see who the punching bag is should the Habs lose tonight.

Only half of this boards favorite punching bags will be available for the game tomorrow (Therrien)

Wouldn't you know it - I, one of the most egregious Therrien bashers on this site, found it necessary to give credit to Therrien last night, and here you are, kvetching about Therrien bashers. Still.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wouldn't you know it - I, one of the most egregious Therrien bashers on this site, found it necessary to give credit to Therrien last night, and here you are, kvetching about Therrien bashers. Still.

well...if the shoe fits....wear it

I didn't specify your name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad