Player Discussion David Desharnais - The Go-To Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup, we all remember the "impossible", "no way we have too much depth now", "DD will be left behind", etc

well guess some of us just knew...

It's been a yearly thing throughout Therrien's tenure. He's always justified playing players into situations beyond their talent level (Bouillon, Weise come to mind and now Byron being used in a top 6 capacity) as part of his self-anointed "gambler" persona.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
in DD case, based on past interviews it seems he knows he doesnt belong on the top 6.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
We have seen a full game of the duo Pacioretty-Desharnais
Before we saw a full game with:

Pacioretty - Plekanec
Gallagher - Plekanec
Radulov - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk
Pacioretty - Radulov
Gallagher - Radulov

Showed me that this coach don't change

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
in DD case, based on past interviews it seems he knows he doesnt belong on the top 6.
DD knows this, his coach doesn't...:shakehead It's gone way behyond a gong show...he's waiver material and yet our clown uses him like he's Sidney Crosby...:shakehead

We win in spite of the coach...can't imagine why he loses the room, glad we picked up Muller.

None of this is DD fault, but...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
DD knows this, his coach doesn't...:shakehead It's gone way behyond a gong show...he's waiver material and yet our clown uses him like he's Sidney Crosby...:shakehead

We win in spite of the coach...can't imagine why he loses the room, glad we picked up Muller.

None of this is DD fault, but...

Playing him an average of 13:31/game after the first 8 games = using him like Sidney Crosby? K..

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Therrien needs his vets to be happy. Pacioretty is a vet. Pacioretty is happy with Desharnais. Blame Pacioretty.

Didn't Pacioretty said last night that if people couldn't deal with having Desharnais centering the 1st line, that he'd prefer playing with DD if it meant having 3rd line minutes? If true...shouldn't it say everything you need and maybe we could talk more about Pacioretty's state of mind instead of anybody else?

bryan1966

Time for some fast & skilled hockey!
Nov 24, 2011
New Hampshire
I don't care about DD anymore. This team can win despite DD and MT.

This team has some very strong assets that will overcome the moron coach and the over use of DD.

I just can't wait until the other foxhole fool extends DD contract for another 3 years.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
After 82 games DD was 3rd in ICE time for our C. I look at the whole season not 2 months. DD played least ice time that year compared to the previous years and it was the habs worst year point wise. If you try to make the false correlation that more ice time for DD means more loses I can make the same false correlation the other way especially since my side has a bigger history of games.

...yes, because Galchenyuk's TOI per game was increased by almost 2 minutes per game when Desharnais was out injured and Galchenyuk finally got to play Top 6 minutes full time...and that still only led to a few seconds more per game at the end of the year than Wee Davey...again, your false narrative falls apart when you actually look into the facts instead of making them up as you go along...and now again, after all you defenders of the mighty Davey kept telling us that this was the year when Davey finally is put where he belongs, in the Bottom 6, he again is paired with Pacioretty and is receiving Top 6 minutes and PP time while Galchenyuk, our future #1C, again has his icetime cut to make room for the SuperFriends...and still you make up more excuses for it, just like the last 3+ years...you wonder why some of us are soo hard on Desharnais and Therrien; this is exactly why, because we've been going through this same idiotic cycle for the last 4 years and there seems to be no end in sight...please try, objectively for once, looking at our record in the last 4 years when Desharnais receives Top 6 icetime and when he doesn't...you'll notice something that we've been saying for years...I don't "hate" David Desharnais; I hate his usage under Therrien and there is a very good reason for that...the Habs have been more successful when he doesn't receive Top 6 minutes...the reason I and others keep saying it until everyone is sick of hearing it is only because it is a fact and one that seems to escape Therrien every year despite a mountain of stats that show that David Desharnais is not a successful Top 6 forward nor is he a successful option on the power play...we're as sick of posting it as you are of reading it, yet it continues despite all evidence pointing to disaster...how can you or anyone honestly defend this??... :dunno:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Therrien needs his vets to be happy. Pacioretty is a vet. Pacioretty is happy with Desharnais. Blame Pacioretty.

Didn't Pacioretty said last night that if people couldn't deal with having Desharnais centering the 1st line, that he'd prefer playing with DD if it meant having 3rd line minutes? If true...shouldn't it say everything you need and maybe we could talk more about Pacioretty's state of mind instead of anybody else?

...If this is true, then Pacioretty needs to be told flatly that his team comes first and his little bromance with Desharnais isn't even an after thought...a captain pouting about who he wants to play with despite all stats showing that it actually hurts the team shows just how much of a captain he truly is...if this is true then he needs to have the C torn from his jersey immediately...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Most used center yesterday ES+PP.

David Desharnais

But ... but ... lap ... it's just for one period .... it's just for one game ...

We're at it again ... and again ... and again.

At the end of the season one has to go. It's either DD or the coach. Should be the coach because if we let DD go Byron will replace him. I told it this summer Byron would play too much. That's the reason i did not like this contract.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

Fine package them up and ship them out, soft and softer need to gtfo. If patches is a sucky baby then yes ship his arse to siberia. Sadly one of the only correct things MT has said is about max's captaincy. Yet MT still caters to his needs. This pair seems to be even closer than normal friends.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario

He said that last night? Doesn't really surprise me. He's always stated publicly how much he likes playing with DD. I've wanted the two of them packaged and traded. Pass the duo off to some other team. You'd get a 30 goal scorer in return.

Can't have this coach and DD on the same team. It's ****ing ridiculous. I haven't even watched a game yet this year because I knew this **** would start. I fly to Montreal in 2 weeks from Edmonton to go watch a game. Probably be the only game I watch this year.

Habs178

Sep 22, 2007
Ontario
Fine package them up and ship them out, soft and softer need to gtfo. If patches is a sucky baby then yes ship his arse to siberia. Sadly one of the only correct things MT has said is about max's captaincy. Yet MT still caters to his needs. This pair seems to be even closer than normal friends.

Exactly what I've wanted for years. Both of them in a nice little package, and peace the **** out.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
If you thought a 7-0 start would stop the incessant Deshanrnais whinefest of HFboards...You would be wrong.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Most used center yesterday ES+PP.

David Desharnais

But ... but ... lap ... it's just for one period .... it's just for one game ...

We're at it again ... and again ... and again.

At the end of the season one has to go. It's either DD or the coach. Should be the coach because if we let DD go Byron will replace him. I told it this summer Byron would play too much. That's the reason i did not like this contract.
same, and flynn will be our 13th forward. Not under MT he wont.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He said that last night? Doesn't really surprise me. He's always stated publicly how much he likes playing with DD. I've wanted the two of them packaged and traded. Pass the duo off to some other team. You'd get a 30 goal scorer in return.

Can't have this coach and DD on the same team. It's ****ing ridiculous. I haven't even watched a game yet this year because I knew this **** would start. I fly to Montreal in 2 weeks from Edmonton to go watch a game. Probably be the only game I watch this year.

I need to confirm it. I heard François Gagnon say that this morning through TSN690. If I'm wrong, people tell me. That's what I understood. I'Ll try to get an official quote.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Did he really say that?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

He said a lot of players want to play with Desharnais no matter what line he's on.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Did he really say that?

Needs to be confirmed again. I did say "if true". Just asked Gagnon on Twitter about it. We'll see the answer I'll get.

He said a lot of players want to play with Desharnais no matter what line he's on.

Who? Francois Gagnon? Pacioretty? That's not what I heard from Gagnon this morning....unless it was lost in translation. Gagnon's English sometimes isn't the greatest.

Still whether he said it that way, we all know how much he loves playing for a guy who keeps looking for him all the time.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I prefer balanced scoring and that's what happening. A different hero every night and that is a good sign people! I don't care who DD plays with. He's been a true Habs player and does not complain no matter what situation we put him in. Give DD a break! Also, MT deserves credit IMO... 13 goals in 8 games. He must be doing something right so far? Or are we waiting for failure?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

...If this is true, then Pacioretty needs to be told flatly that his team comes first and his little bromance with Desharnais isn't even an after thought...a captain pouting about who he wants to play with despite all stats showing that it actually hurts the team shows just how much of a captain he truly is...if this is true then he needs to have the C torn from his jersey immediately...

I need to confirm it. I heard François Gagnon say that this morning through TSN690. If I'm wrong, people tell me. That's what I understood. I'Ll try to get an official quote.

He said a lot of players want to play with Desharnais no matter what line he's on. Not that he'd rather play 3rd line minutes if it meant playing with Desharnais. It's just that no matter which line DD is on, guys like playing with him.

Whether what he said is true or not. The least this is is the captain defending his teammate because he's clearly aware of all the heat DD gets for this kind of stuff.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Did RDS really attack Hinglish Montrealers for criticizing MT's DD fetish? Something like "if his name were 'Jackson' they would love him"?

...if DD's name were 'Jackson' he wouldn't be in the NHL :laugh:

And of course Max and Weise etc like playing with DD -- that means fewer defensive duties and premium O-Zone and PP deployment with the best D-pairs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad