David Desharnais said on RDS they will disturb Lundqvist in Game 2

Cake or Death

Anyone confirm this? Heard it was a french interview...How do we handle this situation?

You ignore it. Their goalie might be hurt and they just got blown out in their own building. Emotions are running high. You don't take something said in the heat of the moment and put too much into it. I'd be totally focused on preparing for a much more ready Habs team in game 2 than this media nonsense.

BlueShirts702

Mar 28, 2008
City of Sin
If pacioretty went into king henrik like Kreider did with Price and got no penalty would no one question whether or not it was intentional? Really??????

What does "got no penalty" even mean? Obviously the zebra's didn't think the play warranted a penalty so none was called. Intentional? The kid was going 100MPH and got slashed/tripped by one of the Charlestown Chiefs. Incidental contact. If the Smufs want to "go after hank" they will pay a serious price, IMO. AV will insert Carbomb and let him off his short leash.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
MTL would be playing a dangerous game if they want to go this route. Insert Carcillo and let him go wild if they pull some ****

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Some Ranger fans would absolutely be upset.

Remember when Callahan injured his shoulder in a fight with Talbot?

Idiots be idioting

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
MTL would be playing a dangerous game if they want to go this route. Insert Carcillo and let him go wild if they pull some ****

Nope. No need to change on the Rangers side.

Montreal wasn't done patting themselves on the back from the Boston series and were just completely overwhelmed by the Rangers speed all afternoon. Let them concentrate on trying to take Lundqvist out. I dare them.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If pacioretty went into king henrik like Kreider did with Price and got no penalty would no one question whether or not it was intentional? Really??????

Yeah, we have some blind/stupid posters, too. And they'd be all angry about it. They'd be wrong, but they'd be angry. What's your point?

Anyway, good. When Philly got their panties in a twist and started acting like little *****es, that worked to our advantage. Same for Cindy. The Rangers are usually really good at remaining composed and levelheaded. Let Montreal start acting crazy.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
What does "got no penalty" even mean? Obviously the zebra's didn't think the play warranted a penalty so none was called. Intentional? The kid was going 100MPH and got slashed/tripped by one of the Charlestown Chiefs. Incidental contact. If the Smufs want to "go after hank" they will pay a serious price, IMO. AV will insert Carbomb and let him off his short leash.

The CBC guys apparently have a radar gun in the building and clocked CK's breakaway at 36 kph. The quote from their announcer was "he was moving at 36 kph, so it was like Price was hit by a car...because in fact Chris Kreider is built like a car."

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
The CBC guys apparently have a radar gun in the building and clocked CK's breakaway at 36 kph. The quote from their announcer was "he was moving at 36 kph, so it was like Price was hit by a car...because in fact Chris Kreider is built like a car."

What the hell is a kph?

BlueShirts702

Mar 28, 2008
City of Sin
Wrong. If Montreal wants to play that game, you ignore it and score some goals and end the series quick.

You "ignore" it? Okay, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. In my opinion, you answer that kind of nonsense in kind. If the chance is there. If the Rangers are blowing the Habs out, and they run Hank...you just look past it? You might. Hank's teammates won't though.

charlie460

Stone Age Hockey
Nov 25, 2011
Norway
Not sure if this is being discussed but I caught this and this may be something to look at the next couple of days going into Game 2.

David Desharnais just said to RDS that they will target Lundqvist in Game 2

From the post-game interview in the locker room.
Basically said something like "Rangers tried to take our best player out of the game, so we will try to do the same in Game 2"

Anyone confirm this? Heard it was a french interview...How do we handle this situation?

Where did you hear this OP? I don't see anything about it, did a quick search on Twitter and didn't come up with anything either.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
You "ignore" it? Okay, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. In my opinion, you answer that kind of nonsense in kind. If the chance is there. If the Rangers are blowing the Habs out, and they run Hank...you just look past it? You might. Hank's teammates won't though.

I'm not saying you just back down. I'm saying you stick to your game. The kind of thing you're talking about is how teams lose entire series. See: Avery vs Devils 2008 and Avery vs Thrashers 2007. If the Rangers let themselves get distracted by antics like running the goalie, they'll lose.

You don't put Carcillo in and let him run wild. You protect your goalie around the goal mouth and let the scoreboard speak for itself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad