David Desharnais part XIII- Third Star in Our Hearts Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The guy had multiple nice set-ups. It's utterly ridiculous that you guys harp on him. He's not a 1st line centre, we all know that (at least I hope we do), but credit is never given when due. If Galchenyuk made that Markov pass, the whole board would have exploded.

If Eller made, it HF would have crashed.

So we can't win a Cup with DD on the team? Someone seems to be confused when talking about ridiculous logic...

Playing on the first line? No.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Playing on the first line? No.
Right in my post you quoted I said I know he's not a 1st line centre.. and that I hope everyone does. He's our #2 centre that plays with our best player because Therrien likes to win by not scoring goals. :laugh:

In a perfect world, I think Desharnais would be an incredible 3rd line scoring centre. I also think he could be a solid winger for Galchenyuk (since he looks more like the player he USED to be when not paired with Pacioretty), but Therrien is a very stubborn coach and we knew that 15 years ago. So was Jacques Martin. Will be nice to see if we ever get a coach that adapts on the fly... but it doesn't seem to be the cards for us anytime soon.

Either way, Desharnais could most definitely win a Stanley Cup with Montreal. Could be this year, could be next, could be 3-4 years from now. He just needs to be more of a supporting cast member.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah....secondary assist...."boooooo". But that was coming from a faceoff...."We don't care, not important".

Rest of the game.....just okay though. True. And again, should have shot instead of passing, that's annoying. But the guy is winning faceoffs. How's his ratio lately?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah....secondary assist...."boooooo". But that was coming from a faceoff...."We don't care, not important".

Rest of the game.....just okay though. True. And again, should have shot instead of passing, that's annoying. But the guy is winning faceoffs. How's his ratio lately?
About his season average, I'd guess. He had two sub-50% games in his last 5.

I agree with your assessment. He was okay. It wasn't an incredible game, but he definitely was far from bad. He made a few nice set-ups, especially that Markov sauce.

He definitely should have shot at the end of the game... Honestly, I know he was trying to get Max the hatty.. and I would have been 200% fine with it if we wasn't a 1-goal game. I was pissed he didn't shoot.

As for the "unimportant point" ... I wouldn't even talk about DD regularly, if people didn't get so mad about it. Blows my mind that people can't enjoy a win or goal for a few seconds before getting so pissed. :laugh:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Right in my post you quoted I said I know he's not a 1st line centre.. and that I hope everyone does. He's our #2 centre that plays with our best player because Therrien likes to win by not scoring goals. :laugh:

In a perfect world, I think Desharnais would be an incredible 3rd line scoring centre. I also think he could be a solid winger for Galchenyuk (since he looks more like the player he USED to be when not paired with Pacioretty), but Therrien is a very stubborn coach and we knew that 15 years ago. So was Jacques Martin. Will be nice to see if we ever get a coach that adapts on the fly... but it doesn't seem to be the cards for us anytime soon.

Either way, Desharnais could most definitely win a Stanley Cup with Montreal. Could be this year, could be next, could be 3-4 years from now. He just needs to be more of a supporting cast member.

Inorder for DD to be the 3rd line cnter, you'd need 6 better ofensive forwards, rigt now that's far fromn the case.

How does putting together 2 guys who have excellent chemistry together make you a stubborn coach?

Since 67-51 were put back together, Pacioretty has gone 6-5-11 in 9 games.

Being stubborn would be sticking them together despite it not clicking.

The issues with the team's offence are not about that line, it's about mid lineup guys being completely invisible in 2015(Prust Eller Sekac) or hurt/sick(Parenteau Galchenyuk). Eller/Sekac have not even shown a flash of offense with Galchenyuk out getting top 6 minutes and Pp time.

Let's blame Therrien and Desharnais for Sekac and Eller not being even remotely dangerous with the puck on their stick.

Somehow fans on here refuse to aknowledge even the most basic facts.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Fact is no other NHL team would slot this lilliputian on a top line, if at all. But he's on pace for 48 points glued to a league top scorer and that seems to be what's most important to Therrien. When the playoffs come and he has less time and space how will he perform? We can look back, and see that he has zero ES goals in three playoffs, for a hint. I hope he proves me wrong, but I fear we'll be having the same discussion next spring because Therrien is as stubborn as a mule when it comes to some players.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Galchenyuk is more comfortable on the wing, he's having a breakthrough year, it's important to let him take that step forward on offense. Let him worry about defensive zone and faceoffs next year.

We're a one line team because Eller and Sekac have zero offensive creativity and are sucking down Plekanec. Galchenyuk can't come back soon enough...maybe Parenteau also if he can wake up.

Not sure what is the point of your post?

Yeah, i'm sure he feel way more comfortable on a 2-way line getting tough assignments defensively against top opposing line. He wouldn't be more comfortable on an offensive line with low defensive responsabilities and better linesmates.

And yeah, it's because our thrid liner produce JUST LIKE every 3rd liners in the league that's we'Re a one line team.....that's their faults for not producing like 2nd liner with absolutely no opportunities to do so.

Remember last year before the PO: Secondary scoring was the biggest problem....and yet, primary scoring became the biggest problems in the PO...

Wanna see the same thing happens for a third straight year before opening your eyes....be my guess.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Inorder for DD to be the 3rd line cnter, you'd need 6 better ofensive forwards, rigt now that's far fromn the case.

How does putting together 2 guys who have excellent chemistry together make you a stubborn coach?

Since 67-51 were put back together, Pacioretty has gone 6-5-11 in 9 games.

Being stubborn would be sticking them together despite it not clicking.

The issues with the team's offence are not about that line, it's about mid lineup guys being completely invisible in 2015(Prust Eller Sekac) or hurt/sick(Parenteau Galchenyuk). Eller/Sekac have not even shown a flash of offense with Galchenyuk out getting top 6 minutes and Pp time.

Let's blame Therrien and Desharnais for Sekac and Eller not being even remotely dangerous with the puck on their stick.

Somehow fans on here refuse to aknowledge even the most basic facts.

I thought after seeing Galchenyuk-Max, Plekanec-Max.....Weise feeding Max time and time again, after not seeing one single pass from our supposed playmaker to our best sniper to score one goal since december.....that chemistry thing was total crap.

But yeah, they have excellent chemistry:laugh:
Like Max is not having Chemistry with anybody else....more like he's having chemistry with everybody.

So i guess we're back to NOT break for any reason Max-DD cause they so dominating right?
Been there, done nothing, basically cost us the PO last year and was proving that both other combos tried have been more dominated.
Back as being predictable and stale as Pacioretty said himelf a month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad