David Desharnais part XI - We don't hate him but ... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
My lines with Eller back and IF Andrighetto sent down to Hamilton

Patches-Plekky-Sekac (Plekky is the best centre for Patches and Sekac is awesome)

Eller-Galchenyuk-Gallagher ( a real EGG line with some PP minutes). I am sure Eller can play LW on that line, and cover Galchy defensive shortcomings. + take some faceoffs in the d zone

Bournival OR Prust-DD-PAP

Prust OR Bournival-MM-Weise

Eller has always looked terrible on the wing. He's not a winger. And Galchenyuk has done a great job defensively. This idea that he was this liability was pure HF drivel put forward by people trying to explain why Galchenyuk wasn't used as a center.
It's all BS. Same thing with him not being good enough to take faceoffs. Another strong 69% night.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Eller has always looked terrible on the wing. He's not a winger. And Galchenyuk has done a great job defensively. This idea that he was this liability was pure HF drivel put forward by people trying to explain why Galchenyuk wasn't used as a center.
It's all BS. Same thing with him not being good enough to take faceoffs. Another strong 69% night.

1 fantastic game at center, one completely meh game at center. He was mostly invisible last night.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
1 fantastic game at center, one completely meh game at center. He was mostly invisible last night.

Invisible? There's 200 feet of ice to cover in a hockey game. Did very well many part of that 200 feet......that's how you have to evaluate one of the very rare 200ft player we have.

He's progressing...at both end of the ice.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm kind of worried. I didn't hear anyone say "We won with this lineup but the advanced stats didn't look good!"

Oh wait, DD isn't first line C anymore. Let's move on.

habitue*

Eller as played not many more games on the wing than Galchy at center.... Worth a longer try, don't you think ? Eller has all the physical and hockey skills to play on a wing.

And don't tell me that 90% of the posters here would not like to see the EGG line again.....

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'm kind of worried. I didn't hear anyone say "We won with this lineup but the advanced stats didn't look good!"

guess you like it when there's more posts about the midget.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Eller as played not many more games on the wing than Galchy at center.... Worth a longer try, don't you think ? Eller has all the physical and hockey skills to play on a wing.

And don't tell me that 90% of the posters here would not like to see the EGG line again.....

Difference between center and winger?
Center have to take care of many defensive responsibilities and faceoffs.

Eller is one of the rare player able to play in his zone and he's our best faceoff guy (not named Malhotra of course). Wasting skills isn't a good plan at all.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I mentioned in the PGT that Kings had a 72% Corsi rel. number after 2 periods.
The possession numbers are discussed in the Therrien threads. Not sure I follow you here..

So was the whole team. Because we almost never had the puck. Defensively he made some pretty strong plays, and he was great at the FO circle again.

But even if he had 2 terrible games, I don't care. He should remain at center.

Eller is not a winger. Never was, never will be. He's also our 2nd best two way center. Using him as a winger so we can keep a uni-dimensional at center instead on the 3rd line is just plain stupid.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
guess you like it when there's more posts about the midget.

I like consistency.

I know Galchenyuk is future and I think we might as well keep going like this and not turn back but I think it shows how fast people were looking for flaws with one guy and not in other case.

Like I said, we keep going here on out but at least I know for sure now all the arguments people gave are conditional

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I like consistency.

I know Galchenyuk is future and I think we might as well keep going like this and not turn back but I think it shows how fast people were looking for flaws with one guy and not in other case.

Like I said, we keep going here on out but at least I know for sure now all the arguments people gave are conditional

What are you talking about man?? :laugh:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
The possession numbers are discussed in the Therrien threads. Not sure I follow you here..

So was the whole team. Because we almost never had the puck. Defensively he made some pretty strong plays, and he was great at the FO circle again.

But even if he had 2 terrible games, I don't care. He should remain at center.

Eller is not a winger. Never was, never will be. He's also our 2nd best two way center. Using him as a winger so we can keep a uni-dimensional at center instead on the 3rd line is just plain stupid.

I seen one strong defensive play, it was a poor game, we didn't have the puck, sure, but our number 1 line should have had the puck.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I like consistency.

cool, you can now provide some.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I like consistency.

100% agreed.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I seen one strong defensive play, it was a poor game, we didn't have the puck, sure, but our number 1 line should have had the puck.
Sometimes being in position is enough to prevent a play from happening. Galchenyuk has been good defensively. There's really nothing to say there.
You said it, it was a poor game. From everyone.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
100% agreed.

You think people should be consistent in criticizing a player that has no business playing on the 1st line, who's underproducing and had not scored at 5on5 in like 50games, and a 20yo who's playing his 2nd game at center?
Can't say I agree.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Sometimes being in position is enough to prevent a play from happening. Galchenyuk has been good defensively. There's really nothing to say there.
You said it, it was a poor game. From everyone.

Agreed, I'm not beating down Gally here, jsut saying a little consistency would be nice. Normally these games where we get completely outplayed are pinned down to DD being on our top line. DD was very good again last night. Strange fan base around here.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
You think people should be consistent in criticizing a player that has no business playing on the 1st line, who's underproducing and had not scored at 5on5 in like 50games, and a 20yo who's playing his 2nd game at center?
Can't say I agree.

That's fine.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Agreed, I'm not beating down Gally here, jsut saying a little consistency would be nice. Normally these games where we get completely outplayed are pinned down to DD being on our top line. DD was very good again last night. Strange fan base around here.

There's nothing strange really..DD on the first line was a problem. Is that supposed to change if our top line doesn't produce?? I don't get it. And it's one game. One. It took one game for someone to ask for consistency. That's ridiculous.
It's like SouthernHab telling people ''see! putting Galchenyuk at center changes nothing!'' after one period.

DD was not the difference between winning or losing, excellence or mediocrity, and nobody ever pretended he was. Unless I missed it. However, he was a problem. So it's pretty darn normal that people brought it up during losses.
Now we have Galch there. He's going to learn and adapt. It's going to take some time. So he gets a pass obviously. If he doesn't score at 5 on 5 in 50 games, people are going to be on his case.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
I'm glad to see that DD being placed on the 3rd line while still managing to pick up a couple of points hasn't abated LG's zeal in this thread series.

Edit: Wait.. I was reading the Eller thread and responded here thinking this was the thread I had been reading (too many tabs open).

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...no, he wasn't...he was OK in a sheltered role, as the whole line was, yet that line was still pinned in our zone every time they faced anything but LA's bottom lines...this is what PO's people about DD; anytime he doesn't completely suck, sheltered or not, we're supposed to pretend like we were all wrong and he's the Habs best centre, francophone savior, etc, etc...the rest of our lines have to suffer, especially our new Top line, because we have to shelter the DD-centred line...he still gets a ridiculous amount of PP time, even though he's better at killing our powerplays...at least be honest...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I like consistency.

You like consistency?

Ok, should Galchenyuo go 50 games without a 5on5 goal please defend him.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

You have to post it in several more threads. Every thread has to be a negative Galchenyuk thread.:sarcasm:

You like consistency?

Ok, should Galchenyuo go 50 games without a 5on5 goal please defend him.

Yes, I like consistency.

I literally JUST said we should keep moving forward with galchenyuk as center regardless of the outcome. So I think this is already implied now isn't it?

Furthermore, I did not defend DD's lack of scoring. I even said his demotion might be beneficial. I usually defend his ability as an NHL caliber player, I will gladly defend that for Galchenyuk too.

Your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad