David Desharnais part IX The hobbit edition

• Thread starter Capitaine Subban*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
You seriously don't remember Gomez being bashed as much? You don't recall Price being called a bum by countless posters? Same with Patch..he was a bust and a bum. Kyle Chipchura, David Fischer, Christian Thomas when he was trade here;)

Keep in mind that the vast majority are still criticizing his usage moreso than him personally....it's been worse in the past believe me.

Even Gomez during his most criticism and worst slump wasn't being used ad nauseam in a first-line role and on every first PP.

This could be reaching uncharted territory in terms of ridiculousness. Has there ever been..in the history of the league...a player who has gone 48 games without an ES goal who has been used as a first-line center both ES and on the PP throughout those 48 games..without one single demotion?

There is ample reason to have reached the breaking point with this....it makes absolutely no sense..and reeks of favouritism.

I do not think that dd is a good hockey player.
Also, I absolutely hate Therrien's usage of him.
The way MT uses dd really hurts this team IMO.

BUT, my dream come true would be having MT fired.
If MT was replaced, and the new coach tried a different role for DD.
Like 3rd line winger with 12 minutes a game........
I would give it a chance.
I would anticipate failure........and if so, I'd want dd removed from the team.
But....I would give dd a chance in a small role.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yes, those are there lines I'd try.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Parenteau
Sekac-Eller-Andrighetto
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gonchar
Gilbert-Weaver

I'd also prefer Beaulieu in the lineup, or Tinordi but asking for two rookies is already too much. I'd also prefer we split up Markov and Subban, our defense isn't good enough for them to play together.

Those are decent lines imo.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Ideally:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Sekac-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Prust-Eller-Andrighetto/Bournival
Prust/Bournival-Malhotra-Weise

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gonchar
Gilbert-Tinordi/Beaulieu

Line 1: Parenteau would bring puck skills and dangling that Gallagher simply cannot.
Line 2: Sekac is strong on the puck and Galchenyuk should be playing centre
Line 3: I'm not a fan of this line but Eller won't be getting to play with better players until Galchenyuk fails.
Line 4: Great 4th line with speed and poise

D1: Not happy but I guess we'll have to rock this.
D2: Ditto
D3: Weaver doesn't belong in the lineup, I would absolutely play Tinner or Beaulieu over him.

Now if we must keep DD:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Sekac-Desharnais-Bournival
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gonchar
Gilbert-Tinordi/Beaulieu

But I don't like it.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
DD defenders have argued time and again that DD is a great first line centre on the basis that the Habs have the best record in the NHL.

The Habs are now 5th in the NHL and 4th in the Eastern Conference. So much for the theory that the team is beyond reproach.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
DD defenders have argued time and again that DD is a great first line centre on the basis that the Habs have the best record in the NHL.

The Habs are now 5th in the NHL and 4th in the Eastern Conference. So much for the theory that the team is beyond reproach.

4 or 5 additional clubs poised to gap us...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What a strange post. You basically say you understand people attacking DD more than he deserves but not when people defend him more than they should.

Is liking our players really that confusing?

Liking a player does not mean absolving them of all faults. Desharnais deserves a wealth of criticism, just not to be blamed for every little problem. My issue is some posters seem to think any criticism of Desharnais immediate equates to hating him, hence earlier posts deferring to the "record".

HABSonaroll

Mar 20, 2013
DD is best a 3rd line player - not every small player can be a Cournoyer or Henri Richard put Sekac - Eller - Galchenyuk etc. on the top line with Max

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Liking a player does not mean absolving them of all faults. Desharnais deserves a wealth of criticism, just not to be blamed for every little problem. My issue is some posters seem to think any criticism of Desharnais immediate equates to hating him, hence earlier posts deferring to the "record".

My bad.

I apologize for trying to give some balance to this discussion. I guess I should just follow along with the herd and blame DD for all of our problems.

However, I would feel dirty trashing the guy who leads the team in assists on a team that is struggling offensively. There are plenty other posters who are doing a good enough job in that regard.

This team is lacking in offensive firepower. Shuffling the seating arrangements on a VW bus will not make it run like a Porsche. Throwing a seat out of the window wont help much either.

I am glad that DD is not a meteorologist. He would be blamed for Global Warming.

- Barack Obama

habitue*

Try to find for us a post stating that....

Nobody ever told that DD was a great #1 centrer not even a good #1 centre.

Yesterday 17 other players crap the bed, too.

I know, on this board DD is responsible for the Ebola outburst in Africa...

Another 1000 posts threads.

Keep up the "good" work ! :shakehead

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007

Right because every other player can get criticized but nothing for little davey boy. Maybe the reason we are a part IX thread is because this discussion isn't happening anywhere else and we arent seeing any changes, not that any would happen because of this thread but let the fans vent. If you arent interested in critiques of David Desharnais then why even bother coming into the thread.

Sure another 17 players crapped the bed yesterday, but this isnt just about yesterday's game, this has been an ongoing problem that no one outside of this board or on very few media outlets are discussing, so we talk here.

This coach's approach of not touching the duo of Max and David is just mind boggling. The only argument that I've read that makes sense is the fact that David would be worst on any other line which freaks me out even more, keep a problem on the most important line of the team because he will be worst on another line? Really? This is a perfect example of player before team, and that wont win us any cups.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd totally agree with the lines put up by Marinaro:

Max-Pleks-Sekac
Galchy-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-DD-Parenteau
Weise-Malhotra-Tangradi

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Even as a guy whos defended DD a lot of times, hes given me no ammunition. He needs to go, if he cant produce with the opportunities he's given he's not an NHL player and Therrien's management of hm borders on grounds for a firing.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I still assume that DD can play elsewhere in the lineup until proven otherwise. The problem is he's way past his due date as a first line player. The only question is would MT ever be willing to try him elsewhere? I'll believe it when I see it.

ROSSter

Jul 5, 2011

MT is that you?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
4 or 5 additional clubs poised to gap us...

We'll see what the damage is tonight. Will the teams ahead of us in the East start distancing us with their games in hand? Will other teams be overtaking us in the league standing by the end of the evening? Stupid only takes you so far.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
My bad.

I apologize for trying to give some balance to this discussion. I guess I should just follow along with the herd and blame DD for all of our problems.

However, I would feel dirty trashing the guy who leads the team in assists on a team that is struggling offensively. There are plenty other posters who are doing a good enough job in that regard.

This team is lacking in offensive firepower. Shuffling the seating arrangements on a VW bus will not make it run like a Porsche. Throwing a seat out of the window wont help much either.

I am glad that DD is not a meteorologist. He would be blamed for Global Warming.

- Barack Obama

Sigh...

Since apparently strawmans are all you fancy. There's nothing to "discuss."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad