David Desharnais part IX The hobbit edition

• Thread starter Capitaine Subban*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well, The Hobbit movies are great just like Desharnais.. he's brave, loyal, and fearless. Great thread title!

Capitaine Subban*

I must be honest with u guys, DD is not the model of center i like on any line but last year i was pretty neutral at him wishing,this year, he could step up his game and at the same time chucky explosing as a future superstar. Well both disappoint me on a different level.

Chucky ,so far, look more like a future better version of Oleg Petrov than a ppg star (he need to finish and take better offensive decisions) but its ok ,I guess, because he is still young.

The DD case,well he looks like a 40-60 point a year player on a primary offensive role with our best forward and it is non acceptable since we are trying to contend for the next years.

They both (at different level ) messed up our team structure because none of those line can do well what they r suppoded to do :(.

The DD line cannot trade goals with other 1st line or outmatch defensive lines because DD is a 2nd/3rd liner and our rw's are all average at best. other teams has weak link on their 1st line but no good team has that awful combination of 1 average center + 1 average winger :( it really sucks.

The 2nd line is offensive/shutdown line but Chucky is not doing enough to elevate that line and it is his role this year until DD is traded hopefully by Bergevin this offseason.

Those 2 player are messing up the structure of the team on 1 hand, the 1st center sucking it up and on the other hand, our 2nd best forward and our only gamechanging forward being a just above average winger.Galchenyuk should be forcing MT&MB hands to change asap his role in the team like Pacioretty did.

I think the 3rd line is doing a good job.

To be clear Chucky should do more for the team in the chair hes in and DD ... well hopefully get traded soon or step up his game because he is the last weakest link of our forward.

Capitaine Subban*

Which leads me to believe that until this post you were not entirely honest with us. Why would you do that? Lie to us. I feel so....so....violated.

lol

On some topic ya but with less passion then some poster I needed to state my honest opinion on DD as a 1st liner since it is the best thread on our forum.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Which leads me to believe that until this post you were not entirely honest with us. Why would you do that? Lie to us. I feel so....so....violated.

That's right up there with.
Blah blah blah I come in peace or No disrespect but... :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
"I'm not trolling but the Habs get preferential treatment from the refs and its embarrassing.. Again not trolling so don't infract me!"

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
FFS why do people try to play mod . Now we have 2 of these stupid threads open.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Wow there's already a new DD thread. With them going at a weekly pace, I can't believe it's only the ninth thread about him. :laugh:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Weise and Pacioretty seem to have pretty good chemistry, can Weise become our #1 offensive center?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It can:

46 games without 5-on-5 goals.
Only players with lower point per minute of ice time: Malhotra, Prust, Tangradi, Bowman, Moen and Bournival.

Combining this with the fact he's actually set up Pacioretty about as often as Weise makes it even worse.
For someone in his role, those are terrible numbers. I don't understand why this isn't being addressed.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Engels had an interesting forward lineup idea to get DD playing with more drive:

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Parenteau
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Desharnais-Gallagher

Give Eller and Seks the finisher they need. Reunite Montreal's best line to start the year. Give DD two gritty guys that crash the net to force him to shot and stop relying on Patches.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
Engels had an interesting forward lineup idea to get DD playing with more drive:

Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac

Give Eller and Seks the finisher they need. Reunite Montreal's best line to start the year. Give DD two gritty guys that crash the net to force him to shot and stop relying on Patches.

I like his suggestion. I think I would maybe prefer switching Chucky with Patches:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Parenteau
Galchenyuk-Eller-Sekac

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014

Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac

I like this a lot. MT probably doesn't and would never even consider this in his nightmares, but I do like these combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad