David Desharnais part IX The hobbit edition

• Thread starter Capitaine Subban*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
MT should play Weise at centre with Pacioretty since he has more primary assists than DD on Patches' goals. Also, Plekanec and Pacioretty have shown great chemistry on the PK so they should play together too. In fact, almost everyone has chemistry with Pacioretty because he doesn't really need a feeder, he's just that good at generating goals.

For all that chemistry, Pacioretty has same point and goal pace as last year with DD having very little involvement in that production. If anything, DD's production is owed entirely to Pacioretty being the driver than the other way around.

The chemistry argument is a myth used to justify keeping someone in a role they don't belong in.

I wonder how many more points Pacs would get with a guy like Chucky or Pleks

Not so much that they are better passers but they can shoot so more assists and his scoring chances would go up if they had to actually cover his C

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Chemistry is underrated here. It's good to know and anticipate whatever your line mate will be doing.

- Giacomo and Giovanni Battista
Siamese Twins.

It's bringing chemistry to another level when the opposing teams also know and anticipate whatever both line mates will be doing.

- Marie Curie

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Chemistry is underrated here. It's good to know and anticipate whatever your line mate will be doing.

- Giacomo and Giovanni Battista
Siamese Twins.

If you actually watch the game you'll see that there isn't much chemistry left. Everyone and thier mother knows that DD is going to pass to Pacioretty. Pacioretty doesn't even try passing to Desharnais most of the time anymore.

Though I'm not surprised that you resort to the "mythical" chemistry and completely dismissing everything tangible, including the eye test ;)

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

There could have been initially a dollars and cents consideration to give DD all this time. You try to get as much offense from other players instead of Galchenyuk who you keep in a secondary role. He'll then sign for a more friendly contract based on lesser numbers. But the current setup is not working offensively and now we're fourth in the Conference... And anyways, he won't get screwed over like Max was on his contract.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If you actually watch the game you'll see that there isn't much chemistry left. Everyone and thier mother knows that DD is going to pass to Pacioretty. Pacioretty doesn't even try passing to Desharnais most of the time anymore.

Though I'm not surprised that you resort to the "mythical" chemistry and completely dismissing everything tangible, including the eye test ;)
I think there's still chemistry, but the chemistry was better when they didn't only play with each other.

They need to be split. I think both players will benefit greatly.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Is three days and a half the new record for a DD thread? We can surely beat it with the next one. Let's end X edition by Saturday night guys! :)

We need to have Southern Hab, OMRB and Chacal in top shape slinging lots of pro-DD stats for that. It's going to be a team effort.:handclap:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

I have Center Ice so I watch every game on my TV and not a stream on the computer (unless NHLN is broadcasting the game)

The myth is DD only passing to Max. In reality, DD passed the puck to open players, whether it was his DMen and even to a wide open Chucky for our only goal.

This thread is proving that if you repeat something often enough, regardless of how much truth is involved, it becomes some peoples reality.

- Wilhelm Grimm

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I have Center Ice so I watch every game on my TV and not a stream on the computer (unless NHLN is broadcasting the game)

The myth is DD only passing to Max. In reality, DD passed the puck to open players, whether it was his DMen and even to a wide open Chucky for our only goal.

This thread is proving that if you repeat something often enough, regardless of how much truth is involved, it becomes some peoples reality.

- Wilhelm Grimm
:laugh: Yes, HF is a propaganda machine. :facepalm:
You will blame the whole world, cherrypick stats instead of looking at all of them, before admitting that ''hey, maybe I should actually take a step back and rethink my position here''.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

- Wilhelm Grimm

I do not understand your crusader like defense of Desharnais. Yes, the hatred for him is beyond excess, but you go to great lengths to defend of rather appalling stats. So let's put aside the Desharnais blame game and look squarely to the facts.

- 2 goals in 27 games
- 1 Powerplay goal
- 2 goals in 27 playoff games
- 0 goals 5on5 in 40+ games

Now this is not even according for context, like whether Desharnais contributes to Pacioretty's scoring prowess. The above is unacceptable for any supposed first line center on a contending team - made worse when you factor in he averages third in ice time and second on the powerplay. Most teams in a similar position have second line centers with superior numbers and performance. What chance do we have against Kesler, Couture, Carter, Shaw, Stasnty, Bonino and etc when our first line center cannot measure up to other team's secondary offense?

Is Galchenyuk ready to lead this team? I don't know, but I would certainly like to try because Desharnais isn't.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I do not understand your crusader like defense of Desharnais. Yes, the hatred for him is beyond excess, but you go to great lengths to defend of rather appalling stats. So let's put aside the Desharnais blame game and look squarely to the facts.

- 2 goals in 27 games
- 1 Powerplay goal
- 2 goals in 27 playoff games
- 0 goals 5on5 in 40+ games

Now this is not even according for context, like whether Desharnais contributes to Pacioretty's scoring prowess. The above is unacceptable for any supposed first line center on a contending team - made worse when you factor in he averages third in ice time and second on the powerplay. Most teams in a similar position have second line centers with superior numbers and performance. What chance do we have against Kesler, Couture, Carter, Shaw, Stasnty, Bonino and etc when our first line center cannot measure up to other team's secondary offense?

Is Galchenyuk ready to lead this team? I don't know, but I would certainly like to try because Desharnais isn't.

What a strange post. You basically say you understand people attacking DD more than he deserves but not when people defend him more than they should.

Is liking our players really that confusing?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Liking players isn't confusing.

Defending someone who occupies a prominent position when he is in over his head is confusing.

I'm a fan of winning. I don't see us winning with Desharnais at center. I think it's an obvious problem that just doesn't get addressed.

I don't think you can defend Therrien and his usage. I don' think you can say, even if you believe this ridiculous notion of Davey-Patches inseparable chemistry or that Patches refuses to play with anyone else, that Therrien shouldn't try someone else together during blow out games or trying to spark a come back.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
and what would you do, put Pacc with Plek and Chuckie with DD ?
Yes, those are there lines I'd try.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Parenteau
Sekac-Eller-Andrighetto
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Gonchar
Gilbert-Weaver

I'd also prefer Beaulieu in the lineup, or Tinordi but asking for two rookies is already too much. I'd also prefer we split up Markov and Subban, our defense isn't good enough for them to play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad