David Desharnais - Conn Smythe Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsDieHard*

DD checking the blue line when as the center should have been covering the slot some is absolved of blame on goal one.

i think even natey, dd's biggest fan wad wondering what he was doing

Yep, if Desharnais is playing properly and putting in the effort he should be in all likelihood that first goal doesn't happen.

Baffling how people will claim he had a good game.

he didn't.

And he wasn't a key contibutor over the season like Plekanec or Markov, so he deserves more ire than those 2.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I have no issues with DD's game tonight. None at all. He was probably one of the guys that worked the hardest and created the most turnovers in the o-zone.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I have no issues with DD's game tonight. None at all. He was probably one of the guys that worked the hardest and created the most turnovers in the o-zone.

...his late afternoon skate was directly responsible for the middle of the ice to be wide open on the Killorn goal...Markov ****ed up on the play, but the main player at fault, as Ron MacLean pointed out, was Davey's...

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Yep, if Desharnais is playing properly and putting in the effort he should be in all likelihood that first goal doesn't happen.

Baffling how people will claim he had a good game.

he didn't.

And he wasn't a key contibutor over the season like Plekanec or Markov, so he deserves more ire than those 2.

You didn't watch the game then, it's sure think then.

HabsDieHard*

What were you upto when Tampa scored their first goal tonight?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
DD had a good game? Damn I sure missed that. :laugh:

Come on guys, he was his usual self. Half the time on his ass, taking weak pee-wee shots on goal, not generating anything on the first PP wave.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Does he still have a shot at the Conn Smythe?:sarcasm:

I heard that a european hobbits hockey league exist during summer time with a Conn Smythe Hobbits trophy.

Maybe he could have a chance with that
In nhl I think some fierce DD fans still beleive in DD miracle on ice

HabsDieHard*

I hope tomorrow night is the last time DD ever puts on a Hab jersey.

I hope that about Therrien being behind the bench too.

And if we're still talking about that issue on June 6th 2016 I'll be the loudest one saying it about Bergevin too.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I hope that about Therrien being behind the bench too.

And if we're still talking about that issue on June 6th 2016 I'll be the loudest one saying it about Bergevin too.

This, since he caved in and all of MTs odd requests..or worse agreed with them ,then this sweep is just as much on him as the idiot he allows to keep coaching in a terrible manner. If he wants to save his job there will be major changes. 4 years and we look worse than the first year. Unacceptable.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think DD gets a lot of heat, some deserved and some not.

Reality is he's become the poster child for an ineffective offense. Top 6 in general was **** but reality is the other guys are relative keepers, DD is not.

I think ship has sailed with him. I thank him for his efforts but he's one of the weak links in an already weak top 6.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Reality is he's become the poster child for an ineffective offense. Top 6 in general was **** but reality is the other guys are relative keepers, DD is not.

I think ship has sailed with him. I thank him for his efforts but he's one of the weak links in an already weak top 6.
He was better tonight than he was last game but - he had an open net with about two and a half minutes left and missed the pass. That's the kind of thing that kills you. You can't just talk about the players not being good enough when you go out and play this guy as much as we do.

I fully expect him back with us again next year though and it won't surprise me at all if we have him as our number one again.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He was better tonight than he was last game but - he had an open net with about two and a half minutes left and missed the pass. That's the kind of thing that kills you. You can't just talk about the players not being good enough when you go out and play this guy as much as we do.

I fully expect him back with us again next year though and it won't surprise me at all if we have him as our number one again.

Seeing him on roster next year is plausible but at a different role preferably.

As for the missed pass, I was disappointed but it wasn't really close to the stick. It's just unfortunate because capitalizing on that would've gave the habs some life and helped DD's public image, even for just a day.

Yet, a step too close and couldn't get the puck. Sucks for him but mostly sucks for the habs because that could've been huge for us.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Yep, they were our best offensive line, who got the best offensive opportunities.
One thing is clear as day : We can't get to the other level with Desharnais on our top 6...

With some luck the series could be 2-1......but that's with luck. We want our team to score more goals. Top 6 players are those getting the chances to do so. Those not scoring should be responsible. Desharnais is the first in line.
The line had less offensive zone starts than Plekanec's line.. and if I'm not mistaken.. wasn't Desharnais line going up against the Stamkos line while Pacioretty's line was going up at JT Brown's line?

Also Desharnais' line got less PP time than Pleks as well. Desharnais had less PP TOI than any of the top-6 forwards (well him and PAP had the same).

So I think that's just a litttttle ridiculous.

As for whose responsible? Try all our Top-6 forwards (including Desharnais before you try and say I'm covering for him)? Our top-6 forwards, at most, have 3 points. That's ****ing pathetic. They're being outscored by Torrey Mitchell, Brian Flynn, Greg Pateryn, and Tom Gilbert. Yup... that's true.

That's such ********... go back and watch the play. Literally 99.9% of players would not have got that. How can you even call that a pass?

Are they?

Pacioretty is a keeper purely because he can get us TO the playoffs. But in the playoffs.. 14 points in 29 games? That's more than a slump. Lars Eller and Rene Bourque nearly passed his career production last playoffs alone. Hell, another few good games and Greg Pateryn will pass him. :laugh:

Plekanec aka Princess? He's not producing much under his season average points wise.. but the dude is a -19 in the playoffs. People can say "omg, +/-... not a real stat" ... except it is for him. Not the actual stat.. but it tells you something. Plekanec is a not a good playoff player. At all.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Seeing him on roster next year is plausible but at a different role preferably.

As for the missed pass, I was disappointed but it wasn't really close to the stick. It's just unfortunate because capitalizing on that would've gave the habs some life and helped DD's public image, even for just a day.

Yet, a step too close and couldn't get the puck. Sucks for him but mostly sucks for the habs because that could've been huge for us.
It absolutely was. It happens with the clock showing 2:55 left. Not sure if you have access to the game but it's right there.
That's such ********... go back and watch the play. Literally 99.9% of players would not have got that. How can you even call that a pass?
I've got it on tape and I'm watching it right now. The pass is right there as Galchenyuk sets him up. It's a bang bang play but it goes right under his stick.

Jim Hughson: "...and Desharnais missed it as it went under his stick."

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It absolutely was. It happens with the clock showing 2:55 left. Not sure if you have access to the game but it's right there.

I've got it on tape and I'm watching it right now. The pass is right there as Galchenyuk sets him up. It's a bang bang play but it goes right under his stick.

Jim Hughson: "and Desharnais missed it as it went under his stick."
They show a better angle later and it looks like it's nowhere close to his stick at all. I was mad at first until I saw the replay. I'll have to go check the PVR tomorrow. If you're right, I'll eat crow.. but I'm 99% sure that's a play most players miss.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Are they?

Pacioretty is a keeper purely because he can get us TO the playoffs. But in the playoffs.. 14 points in 29 games? That's more than a slump. Lars Eller and Rene Bourque nearly passed his career production last playoffs alone. Hell, another few good games and Greg Pateryn will pass him. :laugh:

Plekanec aka Princess? He's not producing much under his season average points wise.. but the dude is a -19 in the playoffs. People can say "omg, +/-... not a real stat" ... except it is for him. Not the actual stat.. but it tells you something. Plekanec is a not a good playoff player. At all.

Reality is any sane fan would take their chances with Plekanec and Pacioretty before DD.

I don't mean it as a shot at DD because you know my stance but common sense suggests they'd be the ones you'd bank on before DD.

DD is a decent player but we need an upgrade, always have.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Jim Hughson: "...and Desharnais missed it as it went under his stick."

I don't have access to the game but from what I saw it was nearly at his skates and he tried to reach back but it still went under his stick.

I don't think it was close. Too bad, maybe a skate kick to stick play would've worked but I don't think DD was ready for the pass.

Would've been awesome though, no one expected the pass and Bishop left an empty net because of it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They show a better angle later and it looks like it's nowhere close to his stick at all. I was mad at first until I saw the replay. I'll have to go check the PVR tomorrow. If you're right, I'll eat crow.. but I'm 99% sure that's a play most players miss.
Okay, just forwarded... there is a replay on this. From this angle you're right, the pass gets deflected by the Lightning player and flutters in the air. The puck is not on the ice.

I take back my comments on the scroring chance here, it would've been very difficult for him to score on this.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Reality is any sane fan would take their chances with Plekanec and Pacioretty before DD.

I don't mean it as a shot at DD because you know my stance but common sense suggests they'd be the ones you'd bank on before DD.

DD is a decent player but we need an upgrade, always have.
Obviously I agree about Pacioretty.

Not so much Plekanec anymore. I'm pretty much done with him. And he's one of my favourite players.

I think on top of how mad I am at him for tonight, I just want a change of the the team dynamic. No more 2-way guy getting the most minutes away from our best scorer. And Pleks doesn't score with Patch.. so it's useless (except at 4 on 4). I wouldn't mind keeping Pleks around, but purely in a 3rd line role.. but no way he accepts that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Okay, just forwarded... there is a replay on this. From this angle you're right, the pass gets deflected by the Lightning player and flutters in the air. The puck is not on the ice.

I take back my comments on the scroring chance here, it would've been very difficult for him to score on this.
I wasn't trying to defend DD there, just what I saw. I screamed at him for missing, but when I saw the replay I felt like it was a hard play to make.

I believe Desharnais missed a good chance earlier in the game, I just can't remember when. But I was mad then too and that was just a clear miss.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hockey wise, first goal was on Markov, a bit on Galchenyuk... Not on DD at all.

and habs were good tonight, first line (except gallagher) was bad.

The best line was weise Galchenyuk dd tonight, clearly! almost 4-5 goal... the thing... almost goal don't result to anything...

Eller average night, since hab were good, then he was good....

can anyone score! anyone! We can play great, but no goal is no win...

Re-watch the play then cause Killorn skated around Desharnais like he was a cone. Pass right by him and DD just looked at him going to the night without doing nothing. No skating, no physical presence, no hustle.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Obviously I agree about Pacioretty.

Not so much Plekanec anymore. I'm pretty much done with him. And he's one of my favourite players.

I think on top of how mad I am at him for tonight, I just want a change of the the team dynamic. No more 2-way guy getting the most minutes away from our best scorer. And Pleks doesn't score with Patch.. so it's useless (except at 4 on 4). I wouldn't mind keeping Pleks around, but purely in a 3rd line role.. but no way he accepts that.

At least Plekanec put up a great season......but i kind of agree with you on that one.
But im way more done with Desharnais. He had his chances, he has more chances than any other Habs AINEC.

4 years now....no show in the PO
Just got out of his worst season
And unlike Plek, he can't help defensively if he's doing nothing offensively.

You think DD played better tonight....maybe....but overall it's another putrid PO performance from him. Next year, i don't want him anywhere close of the top 6.

We now know he will sucked again comes PO times, we've wasted enough of Price's prime years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad