David Desharnais - Conn Smythe Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nynja*

But guyz, stop being so mean to DD, he was never drafted, so he's not expected to be good, stop hating on DD guyz, dont bully poor DD

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Desharnais has to go. In his career in the playoffs, over the 35 games he has played, Desharnais has 2 goals and 10 assists.
He plays on the top 2 lines, gets PP time. I don't even know how its possible to perform as bad given the amount of chances he has had.
1 EN goal to boot...during the regular season he was ok at best, but now, the playoffs, he's invisible, mind you last game he was a tad better but just not good enough for a top 6 guy, c'est le temps de passer a autre chose..bonne chance David....

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Don't know about MB stepping in like that. I mean GM's and coaches need to see eye to eye, but GM's usually take a hands off approach about who plays and who plays where.

Remember MB signed Briere and MT had absolutely no use for the guy and you wondered why he was signed. Two years ago the young D on the farm should have gotten lots of play with the team and did not, as MT was using vets like Murray and Cubes. Now you know MT would have loved Cubes back, but MB did not sign him. So MT had to go to the young guys this year. Only thing I could see is MB forcing MT's hand by trading away DD, so MT would have to play Galchenyuk.

Are you kidding, unless you are a Scotty Bowman with multiple Stanley Cups, the coach does what a GM says.

GMs are very hands on, and if the coach doesn't like what the GM says, the coach looks for a new job.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
1 EN goal to boot...during the regular season he was ok at best, but now, the playoffs, he's invisible, mind you last game he was a tad better but just not good enough for a top 6 guy, c'est le temps de passer a autre chose..bonne chance David....

How do we get this message through to Marc?

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
No way!!...you're taking on someone else's problem in return...maybe a DD for Tyler Ennis would work....lol

Ennis is actualy a useful player unlike DD. Point total look similar but look at his linemate and the team he play for....

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
One just turned 21 in February, the other is 28. One has more than twice the amount of experience in the POs.
So ya, God forbid we are a little more patient with the guy that maybe is still a virgin.

That being said, DD has been decent, considering how limited he is. But he still has no business playing on the top 6. That's not even debatable and I can't believe anybody would even support him in the top 6 at this point.

This has nothing to do with patience, this is about right now. Being patient with Gally hasn't changed the fact he's probably been our worst forward.

I'm patient with Gally too, I'm not seeing much patience from you though, you wanted him centering the first line lol.

Nynja*

This has nothing to do with patience, this is about right now. Being patient with Gally hasn't changed the fact he's probably been our worst forward.

I'm patient with Gally too, I'm not seeing much patience from you though, you wanted him centering the first line lol.

Just sayin...Gally = Gallagher, Chucky = Galchenyuk, you're going to mix people up with that post.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

It's almost as if his skill set might not be suited to being a two-way wing...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I remember Bergevin saying in an interview on Melnick before the start of the PO that Galchenyuk is a playmaker with the ability to score some goals.

He's not a winger, his skills are those of a center.

And making him a center would've been better for him. Getting to play offensive minutes with offensive linesmates would've been good to develop his offensive game.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Are you kidding, unless you are a Scotty Bowman with multiple Stanley Cups, the coach does what a GM says.

GMs are very hands on, and if the coach doesn't like what the GM says, the coach looks for a new job.

I don't think you have an idea of how things work. GM's for the most part don't meddle..everyone does his job. this is especially true in Montreal. The GM may suggest some thing on occasion..but the GM leave the coaching to the coaches for the most part...and lets the scouts scout.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Well based on these polls, there are still a few DD fans out there. Good on you folks, really.

lol

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I've said it and I'll say it again: he needs to use that slapshot more. He's surprisingly accurate and gets good elevation on it. Would also help that he wouldn't be as predictable.

Hankerchief*

Little Davey is still garbage. Scores one goal and all of a sudden he is a god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad