Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
1. Perhaps every negative thing said about him was grossly exaggerated
2. He makes his linemates better
3. He tries really, really hard.
4. The ugliest skater I've ever seen
5. Started slow, but got 1 point tonight

Man you guys exaggerate too much. Not saying he's good, but he a serviceable bottom six player. He's not an "AHL" player as so many from Montreal have said.

Get back to us after a bit, and when games get physical, he'll be the one turning over the puck and lying in the fetal position.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
not an nhler on a team with actual playoff success as a goal. feeds on bad teams in favourable home ice usage

As evidenced by having his best numbers against the Bruins.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Put him on your top two lines for multiple years and come back and tell us what you think of him. Oh, and have several other shrimps in your forward group at the same time.

Or have him as a depth player/healthy scratch eating up 3.5 mil of cap space.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
As a fan of the Oilers, also, I can only hope that DD produces enough to become attractive expansion bait. Otherwise, pretty much ready to forget about him.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
As a fan of the Oilers, also, I can only hope that DD produces enough to become attractive expansion bait. Otherwise, pretty much ready to forget about him.

That doesn't matter. He's UFA. Desharnais is fighting to maintain an NHL career and get signed on a one year cheap deal this summer.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Who cares, really? Does anyone even care if DD puts up a point per game with the Oilers the rest of the way? I sure don't. It was time for the team and player to part ways. Period. Best of luck to him, congrats on the assist, etc. But very few people here are going to have seller's remorse regardless of what he does in Edmonton.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Would anyone be willing to take Desharnais back as a UFA on 1 year $800,000 contract?

Would hate to see him take ice time from McCarron, DLR, Hudon. However, would be nice to have a vet that can play anywhere in the line-up.

I think most of us had issues with his contract and Therrien's insistence on using him as a first line center but you can't question his heart, loyalty, and what he could bring to our 3rd or 4th line.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Would anyone be willing to take Desharnais back as a UFA on 1 year $800,000 contract?

Would hate to see him take ice time from McCarron, DLR, Hudon. However, would be nice to have a vet that can play anywhere in the line-up.

I think most of us had issues with his contract and Therrien's insistence on using him as a first line center but you can't question his heart, loyalty, and what he could bring to our 3rd or 4th line.

OH my god. Did yuo already do that? You want to re-start the DD thread? First, this thread should be closed. There is no appreciation left. So it should be in the trade thread. 'Cause this will get out of hands very quickly....

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Nope. Nope. Nope and Nope.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
OH my god. Did yuo already do that? You want to re-start the DD thread? First, this thread should be closed. There is no appreciation left. So it should be in the trade thread. 'Cause this will get out of hands very quickly....

Lol - Desharnais talks definitely provoke some emotional responses around here

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
no.gif

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Please close this thread. It's out of town now...

danault, Shaw, Plekanec, Mitchell are ahead of him now.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing

desharnais still triggers some impressive reactions apparently

guy is pretty much done. he was once useful, but that was then. i can see an argument for him at that salary, hes good on faceoffs and can provide 'some' offense, but no. were better off with another random cheap ufa or someone from the farm - and not having him will have the side benefit of making this place slightly more livable

so no.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

I have a nightmare ex wife that i think of sleeping with now and then. I love her in many ways. But no. God. No. god. No. no. No. no. Negatory. Ne pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad