David Clarkson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disgruntled Observer*

Didn't Nonis mention Clarkson took less to play here after he traded him? I thought he did

Either way it's certainly not an internet rumour

How would Nonis know what other GM's offered Clarkson?

The only two people to ever say Clarkson was offered more money were... you guessed it... Clarkson and Nonis. Why wouldn't they say that?

It's just an internet rumor.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

The only two people to ever say Clarkson was offered more money were... you guessed it... Clarkson and Nonis. Why wouldn't they say that?

..and McKenzie and Dreger.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Confirmed by many, he was. IE. Deboer just said on TSN Drive last week he knows Clarkson was offered more elsewhere but he wanted to play for Toronto. Why is this hard for you to believe?

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
The Jackets took Clarkson off the top line already. RyJo had 2 goals today.

Atleast they didn't try and force him there for god knows how long like we tried to force him on Kadri's line.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Has he played on their PP yet?

1:22 today

It won't take long before they realize this guys not an NHL player .

I feel sorry for their fan base for having to endure watching this slug but thrilled our owners don't mind covering for the mistakes of our mgmt .

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
1:22 today

It won't take long before they realize this guys not an NHL player .

I feel sorry for their fan base for having to endure watching this slug but thrilled our owners don't mind covering for the mistakes of our mgmt .

We'll see how long it takes Columbus to get him off of their powerplay. Maybe they'll realize what two Leafs head coaches couldn't.

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

I know that many sources reported that Clarkson was offered more money by other teams, but I don't think they gave him better terms than the Leafs did. The Leafs gave him a NMC, buy-out proof deal.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Leafs probably gave him the best offer overall. He basically got tons of money with 100% job security. It's really the first deal of its kind.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
It is unbelievable that this needs to be said but...

Nonis doesn't deserve the credit for trade with Columbus. In fact, he was the one who dug us in a hole with the contract. Columbus was the one who actually called up Nonis with the idea. If Nonis even had that much creativity in him, it would've reflected in his track record as a GM in NHL. If he worked for any other NHL team, he would be long fired; because they would be paying $26 million to a player to not play, and that actually HELPS the team. That reason alone is to fire him.

There are plenty others, but for this thread, this reason alone justifies it.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Well TD is over.

I'd like to see MLSE fire Nonis now that the TD is over. Like it was always the plan to do so but they were just waiting for the TD to end.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It is unbelievable that this needs to be said but...

Nonis doesn't deserve the credit for trade with Columbus. In fact, he was the one who dug us in a hole with the contract. Columbus was the one who actually called up Nonis with the idea. If Nonis even had that much creativity in him, it would've reflected in his track record as a GM in NHL. If he worked for any other NHL team, he would be long fired; because they would be paying $26 million to a player to not play, and that actually HELPS the team. That reason alone is to fire him.

There are plenty others, but for this thread, this reason alone justifies it.

it's funny how Nonis gets ripped for wasting money but Burke's wasteful spending was ignored and people still want him here

Komi
Army
Connoly
JML

I don't blame the ownership if he gets fired for the Clarkson situation but as a fan i couldn't care less about paying Horton since he isn't on the cap .

Last edited:

Dallas Eakins*

The Jackets took Clarkson off the top line already. RyJo had 2 goals today.

Atleast they didn't try and force him there for god knows how long like we tried to force him on Kadri's line.

You really gave him a fair shake didn't you? Perhaps they're trying to see where their new acquisition fits in the lineup? Just move on and grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad