David Clarkson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Clarkson is getting a chance, playing with his best line mates since Elias and Parise. Should be interesting to see how he does. Columbus is putting him into a position to succeed.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have to say - I am amazed how as much "accountability" is being tossed around this city (as in there is none regarding this team). everyone is okay with Clarkson being "meh. i never had the best opportunities so not my fault."

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
I have to say - I am amazed how as much "accountability" is being tossed around this city (as in there is none regarding this team). everyone is okay with Clarkson being "meh. i never had the best opportunities so not my fault."

I'm not remotely ok with it. I think it speaks to that lack of character and accountability that people want to levy at everyone else in the dressing room.
Clarkson was right up there with not doing anything to change his circumstance. He complains about his PP usage and has 3 points in 2 years with the Leafs on the PP. That's not a PP player, that's a guy who shouldn't see the light of day on the PP.

If he produces in Columbus I think that is great.
1) It helps our draft standings if he gets Columbus a few more wins and they finish ahead of us
2) His production in Columbus will be irrelevant to what he has done in Toronto because he wasn't providing any of that here.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

How he does in Columbus will determine the validity of these comments. It's up to Clarkson to back up these words. Or the interpretation of his words...

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Columbus starting Clarkson on the top line with Johansen and Foligno...

I guess we'll see how long it lasts! Clarkson doing good will only help our tank!

Columbus acquired Clarkson to assist with their tank. They're not trying to make a playoff push.

If I was trying to tank, I would also put the worst player in the league on my 1st line, before his inevitable summer buy-out.

This pretty much solidifies that we'll finish ahead of the Jackets in the standings.

Once again, Clarkson will screw us.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
How he does in Columbus will determine the validity of these comments. It's up to Clarkson to back up these words. Or the interpretation of his words...

the validity of what comments? like seriously, come the merry heck on.
irregardless of what he does in Columbus - David Clarkson was given more than ample opportunity to play well here and his play did not back up the those chances. but it's everyone else's fault except Clarkson's.

I can't find my Lorelai eye roll gif, but there is serious eye rolling happening right now.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
irregardless of what he does in Columbus - David Clarkson was given more than ample opportunity to play well here and his play did not back up the those chances. but it's everyone else's fault except Clarkson's.

I can't find my Lorelai eye roll gif, but there is serious eye rolling happening right now.

As a top 6 player with #1PP time. Not really. Did he deserve this time, debatable. But it looks like the Blue Jackets are going to try to do this with him right from the start tonight.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

That isn't a word. :sarcasm:

As far as Clarkson in Columbus goes, I couldn't care less how he does. He wasn't going to do it here.

I wouldn't be surprised though if his production increases slightly. Getting forced even more top six minutes, plus the chip he'll have on his shoulder, should help.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
That isn't a word. :sarcasm:

As far as Clarkson in Columbus goes, I couldn't care less how he does. He wasn't going to do it here.

I wouldn't be surprised though if his production increases slightly. Getting forced even more top six minutes, plus the chip he'll have on his shoulder, should help.

heee, i used it in my thesis. it's so a word ;)
well that's the thing. once y'all leave Toronto i'm basically. meh about you. but i just hate it that everyone is banging this drum how we did Clarkson wrong. No. they did not.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Clarkson is one of the worst NHL players that I've ever seen. Sure, you can hide how much he sucks if you play a very low skill dump and chase brand of hockey. But nothing you do is going to change that he has no skill whatsoever.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
well that's the thing. once y'all leave Toronto i'm basically. meh about you. but i just hate it that everyone is banging this drum how we did Clarkson wrong. No. they did not.

In all honesty I'm only seeing the odd poster here or there suggesting this...most folks are well aware - Clarkson played awful while he was here and the treatment he got was his own fault. In fact he probably deserved to be scratched more often then just twice. Folks debating this fact either have some personal reasons for doing so (eg. I know there's some poster here who actually knows him personally) or they are completely delusional.

Clarkson commenting that he felt he wasn't used the right way is simply him not being able to come to terms with the fact that he played like ass..thats his own insecurities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Oh absolutely not. Clarkson got every opportunity to produce here. The fact that he couldn't is on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad