Injury Report: David Bolland

mikebel111*

Bolland had faced the second highest quality of competition on the Leafs to Bozak who faces the toughest competition this year.

Having a player that can take the pressure off of Bozak should improve his game if Bolland is up to the challenge.

But the real player that will benefit the most from the extra shelter of tough assignments is Nazem Kadri. Will be interesting if he plays more like last year with Bolland and Bozak taking the toughest mins leaving Nazem to feast with the easier mins.

Bolland needs time. No way carlyle sends him to play against top forwards unless he turns stupid again.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Bolland had faced the second highest quality of competition on the Leafs to Bozak who faces the toughest competition this year.

Having a player that can take the pressure off of Bozak should improve his game if Bolland is up to the challenge.

But the real player that will benefit the most from the extra shelter of tough assignments is Nazem Kadri. Will be interesting if he plays more like last year with Bolland and Bozak taking the toughest mins leaving Nazem to feast with the easier mins.
I can see Bozak still being tasked with the toughest minutes since he continues to be very productive. Bolland, on the other hand, isn't going to be at top shape and will likely be sheltered for a while. I think having Lupul and Clarkson on his line to create another good second line ( or a line 1B) is what we really need.

Moving towards a possession-based team like Chicago ( 4 offensive lines, etc ) rather than a tight-checking, orthodox line-matching, team like Los Angeles.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bolland needs time. No way carlyle sends him to play against top forwards unless he turns stupid again.

I can see Bozak still being tasked with the toughest minutes since he continues to be very productive. Bolland, on the other hand, isn't going to be at top shape and will likely be sheltered for a while. I think having Lupul and Clarkson on his line to create another good second line ( or a line 1B) is what we really need.

Moving towards a possession-based team like Chicago ( 4 offensive lines, etc ) rather than a tight-checking, orthodox line-matching, team like Los Angeles.

I'm guessing if Bolland can skate, he knocks it out of the park when he comes back. By that I mean if and when he takes his first hit, that will be the test. I just pray for him the tendon stays in one piece.

mikebel111*

I'm guessing if Bolland can skate, he knocks it out of the park when he comes back. By that I mean if and when he takes his first hit, that will be the test. I just pray for him the tendon stays in one piece.

Bolland being back is a big boost. Take it as a deadline upgrade but hopefully he doesnt go all out

Ace88*

Id like to see raymond bolland clarkson reunited. they were awesome together...yes even clarkson. that was a phenomenal swiss army knife third line

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Is it out of the question that he's back tomorrow ? He seems pretty optimistic in the interview today

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
I hope he doesn't play too horrible tonight...im sure it's going to take him a while to get back to where he was before the injury.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010

Agreed 100%, we would pull off the Hawks style way better than what were doing now. The difference between us and the Kings, is that they have incredible centers in Carter, Richards and Kopitar matching, our center's are nowhere near that quality.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland

this is the same Kadri who stepped up and won the 2nd line centre job last year, right?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Its great that Bolland is ready to come back and he could have a good first game on adrenaline alone.
But people have to be careful not to expect too much. He likely wont be back to 100% till some time next season after an injury like that and he hasn't played in months so he wont be up to game speed.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

The top lines on most clubs are 1-2-3 in QC except for Colorado who have their three centers in a row. This includes pure offensive players like Stamkos and Tavares so I am not sure that is a stat that can be relied on for much. These offensive guys will theoretically be line matched against more desirable opponents at home than they see on the road but the numbers often don't seem to reflect this. If top lines are facing checkers half the time shouldn't their QC be lower?

The Leafs get badly outscored on the road where they can't line match, but Kadri has a better road +- so he appears to be defensively more effective (or less inneffective) when RC doesn't have the last change. I'm not sure this means a whole lot given the up and down year Kadri has had, but the numbers do not automatically suggest a slightly lower QC means there will be any "feasting". I think the return of Bolland will help all simply because he will spell some of the defensive minutes that occasionally fell to Boz because of injuries, and they will have more of a bottom 6 scoring threat than the ice cold McClement has provided. I can't see it improving Bozak's dream season, but it might help Kadri a bit by shifting Kulemin and Clarkson further away from him.

XxJammingxX

Mar 5, 2014
HEEESSSS BAAAACK!!!!

Confirmed off LTIR.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 6m
CONFIRMED: Dave Bolland activated off LTIR. Will play tonight. Peter Holland taken off roster to keep under salary cap.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Whose Bolland?

Bolland.jpg

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
I'm glad he's back and hopefully he can contribute as he gets back into game shape. I'm not very optimistic though.

Ask Sens fans how long it took Karlsson to get his skating back to 100% and he is an infinitely better skater than Bolland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad