Injury Report: David Bolland

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
But weren't you also sure that Bolland would be back before the Olympic break? I'm just trying to get into your way of thinking.

Calling people out for your own personal satisfaction, is that what makes you tick? I'm just trying to get into your way of thinking.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So what's the appropriate amount of time to wait before complaining that he shouldn't have bothered coming back? Couple of games? After the first period?

Not sure on the etiquette.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So what's the appropriate amount of time to wait before complaining that he shouldn't have bothered coming back? Couple of games? After the first period?

Yep, this really has only 2 outcomes.

He will come back and not miss a beat.

Or he will be a shadow of himself.

It all comes down to his skating. The mind is still intact, that's not the question. We will see.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
"It's possible that Bolland wanted to be 100% before returning to the lineup vs being decent enough to play".

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

pft. i give the over under on the third shift :laugh:

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 1m

Bolland: Process moving "upwards" but there's still little things holding him back; will see if something "clicks" tomorrow at skate

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
I hope Nonis goes 1 year at whatever with Bolland. Even 5 mil. We can afford that with the cap going up, and were not stuck with him if it turns bad. We could also get a 2nd or 3rd pick at the deadline next year if things are not looking good.

We need to see him for a full season before signing him long term and to see if the injury slowed him down.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I hope Nonis goes 1 year at whatever with Bolland. Even 5 mil. We can afford that with the cap going up, and were not stuck with him if it turns bad. We could also get a 2nd or 3rd pick at the deadline next year if things are not looking good.

We need to see him for a full season before signing him long term and to see if the injury slowed him down.

I hope so too, but I am getting this feeling Bolland is going to want more then 1 year.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Can't wait to see our 2 top Centers back in the line up, Kadri can now drop down to the #3 slot where he caused a lot of damage last year.

Bolland is a key player, my expectations are high for him.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Can't wait to see our 2 top Centers back in the line up, Kadri can now drop down to the #3 slot where he caused a lot of damage last year.

Bolland is a key player, my expectations are high for him.

Kadri was the team's 2nd line center last season. Same role that he's played this season.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
What's this?

We're gonna be able to dress all of our centers at the exact same time?

Are you sure there's no other injuries or suspensions we haven't heard of??

When was the last time all our centers were in their proper spots?

With a 100% Bolland, we have a PK-er and a guy who can match up against the tougher competition. Plus it provides a morale boost with him coming back. Oh, and don't forget about them intangibles.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri was the team's 2nd line center last season. Same role that he's played this season.

Bozak and Bolland our Toronto's top 2 Centers where ever they play. Whether this is the #1, 2, 3 or 4th lines.

Carlyle agreed before the Red wings game, he said "when we had our 2 best centers out this year, no one felt sorry for us."

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Bozak and Bolland our Toronto's top 2 Centers where ever they play. Whether this is the #1, 2, 3 or 4th lines.

Not disagreeing.

Just pointing out that the role you feel Kadri did a lot of damage in last season, is the same role he's been in this season.

But yes - exciting that we are going to have our full compliment of centers back; no idea what Bolland has to offer coming off injury. Sheer excitement and adrenaline will drive him on tomorrow, but who knows what happens down the stretch.

The fact that both Karlsson and Zajac took so long to get back to playing at their comfortable level is concerning.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not disagreeing.

Just pointing out that the role you feel Kadri did a lot of damage in last season, is the same role he's been in this season.

But yes - exciting that we are going to have our full compliment of centers back; no idea what Bolland has to offer coming off injury. Sheer excitement and adrenaline will drive him on tomorrow, but who knows what happens down the stretch.

The fact that both Karlsson and Zajac took so long to get back to playing at their comfortable level is concerning.

Oh he was okay, but he started on fire, and when it became apparent Grabovski was not producing he rightfully moved up Kadri. And if you notice, his production slowed a bit when he played against tougher defensive pairings.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Great news. Would love him for the Habs game even not 100% would be a big boost to the team!

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Dave Bolland may be forcing his return now after it was released to the media that he was essentially cleared to play for a month now.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Dave Bolland may be forcing his return now after it was released to the media that he was essentially cleared to play for a month now.

That is a crock of @#@.

Doubt he cares what the media thinks. If held out from playing and reached FA all teams would have rights to see his medical history (or am I wrong?); so why does it matter if they leak it out that he was cleared months ago?

Bolland is playing on his own regard, if he is ready - he is ready. I'm living with this fact and still holding onto truth that he wants to work on something to stay here.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
That is a crock of @#@.

Doubt he cares what the media thinks. If held out from playing and reached FA all teams would have rights to see his medical history (or am I wrong?); so why does it matter if they leak it out that he was cleared months ago?

Bolland is playing on his own regard, if he is ready - he is ready. I'm living with this fact and still holding onto truth that he wants to work on something to stay here.

Yes, you're wrong.

Dave Bolland was not 'medically' cleared to play. He still is not 'medically cleared to play'. During Free Agency, if a team asks to see his medical history - it will show he was injured for the entire season (assuming he did not return). What Claude Loiselle did say was that Dave Bolland would not be medically cleared to play until he tells the trainer that he feels comfortable, and also that he has been 'injury free' for over a month now.

Do not assume it wasn't a calculated move by Claude Loiselle, by releasing that information he did Dave Bolland no favours. If he truly wanted the issue to remain silent he could have said nothing on that front, as he has been doing for a month now.

This doesn't insinuate that this is the reason Dave Bolland is returning, but it does leave some questions as to why Claude Loiselle chose now to release this information while openly knowing about this for over a month.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bolland had faced the second highest quality of competition on the Leafs to Bozak who faces the toughest competition this year.

Having a player that can take the pressure off of Bozak should improve his game if Bolland is up to the challenge.

But the real player that will benefit the most from the extra shelter of tough assignments is Nazem Kadri. Will be interesting if he plays more like last year with Bolland and Bozak taking the toughest mins leaving Nazem to feast with the easier mins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad