Player Discussion David Backes V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They obviously aren't goons and they do have talent. Unfortunately several Blues have a talent of giving severe head shots which makes them goon like. There is at least one very
dangerous hit per game by the Blues to a Bruin. I cannot believe that is all accidental . They are very dirty team.
It isn't, the Bruins should have responded to it but have no one capable of it. I don't think it's Berube but Steve Ott made a career of being as dirty and cheap as possible while fighting only when cornered. The physical play, the hitting and scrums are Berube, the targeting of heads is Ott.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
No I don't think they have enough grit or toughness, it makes me sick watching a Bruins team get run all over the ice with no response. Not surprising is the DPB is behind the pummeling they have been taking in this final. They won yesterday because of Rask.

I look forward to a win Wednesday and then Sweeney being told by Neely to bring in some size and toughness so the playoff long beating this team has taken won't happen again. Hopefully the Heinens and Johansson are replaced by Ferlands and Woods. I wonder how many Bruins need hospital stays before some here are happy or just content with crying about officiating or how the big, bad Blues are dirty and beating up the poor Bruins.

League is going to start trending towards being tougher again after what Columbus, St. Louis, the Islanders and San Jose have shown with super skilled (soft) Tampa and Toronto getting bounced in the first round.

You know Neely has to sign off on roster moves right? This team is as much his as it is Sweeney’s. I’m not sure why you want to absolve him of any responsibility

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm starting to think that a certain someone doesn't know what grit is.
Being beaten like Jeff Odgers and getting up is a form of grit. Targeting Sundqvist or Barbeshev is another type. I will take the non Odgers route.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Being beaten like Jeff Odgers and getting up is a form of grit. Targeting Sundqvist or Barbeshev is another type. I will take the non Odgers route.

Grit is passion, perseverance and resiliency, if you think that is something this team is missing then you are flat out wrong. This is the grittiest team the Bruins have had in a long time.

You're looking for revenge, their looking for a win.

Reactions: PB37 and Chief Nine

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
No I don't think they have enough grit or toughness, it makes me sick watching a Bruins team get run all over the ice with no response. Not surprising is the DPB is behind the pummeling they have been taking in this final. They won yesterday because of Rask.

I look forward to a win Wednesday and then Sweeney being told by Neely to bring in some size and toughness so the playoff long beating this team has taken won't happen again. Hopefully the Heinens and Johansson are replaced by Ferlands and Woods. I wonder how many Bruins need hospital stays before some here are happy or just content with crying about officiating or how the big, bad Blues are dirty and beating up the poor Bruins.

League is going to start trending towards being tougher again after what Columbus, St. Louis, the Islanders and San Jose have shown with super skilled (soft) Tampa and Toronto getting bounced in the first round.

This is one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum. You are basically upset they don't play the way you want them to, instead of being happy about them winning.

There is nothing that will change your mind. This team could literally win the cup and you will still think they aren't physical or "gritty" enough.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
This is one of the worst posts I have ever read on this forum. You are basically upset they don't play the way you want them to, instead of being happy about them winning.
Happy about them winning, wish they were tougher and played more physical. I would expect a course correction next year, may be tough with Cassidy, Sweeney and the whole winning the Cup excuse.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Grit is passion, perseverance and resiliency, if you think that is something this team is missing then you are flat out wrong. This is the grittiest team the Bruins have had in a long time.

You're looking for revenge, their looking for a win.

No reason you can't have both.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
No reason you can't have both.

The well on Backes effectiveness ran dry in this series but didnt they win 8 in row starting with Colunbus when he was inserted into the lineup providing protection for many skill players who are healthy and playing 2 months into the playoffs in a game 7. He took and dished off many hits which players like Krejci and Bergeron didnt take. You need a mixture of both skill and toughness which the 2011, 2013 and now 2019 Bruins have.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
getting back on topic...man I feel for Backes... to come all this way & be within 1 win of a cup against his former team and knowing he likely won't play in the final 3 games.... that's gotta hurt.

Not saying I'd put him in but it's too bad as it would have been a nice story for him to be able to win the cup on the ice & be the first handoff.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
getting back on topic...man I feel for Backes... to come all this way & be within 1 win of a cup against his former team and knowing he likely won't play in the final 3 games.... that's gotta hurt.

Not saying I'd put him in but it's too bad as it would have been a nice story for him to be able to win the cup on the ice & be the first handoff.

Getting his name on the cup should be enough for him, if they're lucky enough to pull out the win Wednesday...

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Bruinguru

Jul 8, 2013
Saskatoon, SK

- Normally I would agree with you, but this is the Stanley Cup Final... You need revenge or to prove your toughness do it in a throwaway road game in St. Louis next year...

Johansson (along with Coyle of course) has been the best deadline acquisition the Bruins have ever brought in and I think Heinen has been very good for the most part... Ferland??? C'mon, man...

Maybe... Maybe not... Just when you think it's dead, skill hockey always come back...

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

The fact that you want heinen and Johansson replaced, and want backes playing over kuhlman is the most mind blowing sequence of posts I’ve seen all year on these boards.

I literally cannot tell if you are a troll account on these boards or if you are serious because nothing you are saying is correct or makes sense.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

There is nothing that will change your mind. This team could literally win the cup and you will still think they aren't physical or "gritty" enough.

There is no way fenian is a serious poster. I’m 100% confident he is a troll account. Don’t take his bait. Nothing I’ve ever seen him say has ever made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad