Player Discussion David Backes IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Will you ride Bergeron the same way in 5 years?

Our team is tops in the league and Backes is part of that!
Did you just compare Backes to Bergeron? One guy has blead black and gold for his entire career and done everything and more you could ask for if you are a fan of the Bruins, the other was a mercenary who came to the highest bidder and will collect 30 million in salary while bringing very little to the team. I'm not bashing the individual but as Bruins fan that is insulting the mention both in the same sentence.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Did you just compare Backes to Bergeron? One guy has blead black and gold for his entire career and done everything and more you could ask for if you are a fan of the Bruins, the other was a mercenary who came to the highest bidder and will collect 30 million in salary while bringing very little to the team. I'm not bashing the individual but as Bruins fan that is insulting the mention both in the same sentence.

And compare Backes' age 32 and 33 years on that contract to Bergeron's last (age 32) and this year (age 33).

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
why can they put Backes on waivers and then move him down...he would the biggest contract maybe to play in the AHL:nod:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney really messed up on this deal.Hopefully he has a good playoff at least this year.
Sweeney really screwed up on pro scouting this past summer - Wagner Halak Moore Nordstrom
GARBAGE

College UFA - Kuhlman? Who is this guy

Sweeney did a lousy job negotiating Marchand and Pastrnak

They keep winning but are they fun?
Are they like able?

Not really

Boring vanilla team

Sweeney needs to go for passing on Barzal - I don’t care about McAvoy

I want perfection

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Man this is a depressing thread to read as a Blues fan whose favorite player for a long time was David Backes.

I hope he turns it around for you guys

It is depressing. I liked him on the Blues and was really happy when we signed him. He was never going to live up to that contract, but he has really declined in a major way. It is sad and I hope he turns it around. I just don't see it happening based on the body of work from him lately.

Reactions: BMC and Chief Nine

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It is depressing. I liked him on the Blues and was really happy when we signed him. He was never going to live up to that contract, but he has really declined in a major way. It is sad and I hope he turns it around. I just don't see it happening based on the body of work from him lately.

Yeah neither do I sadly. When you play as hard as he did for as long as he did here, the end comes that much more abruptly.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Sweeney really screwed up on pro scouting this past summer - Wagner Halak Moore Nordstrom
GARBAGE

College UFA - Kuhlman? Who is this guy

Sweeney did a lousy job negotiating Marchand and Pastrnak

They keep winning but are they fun?
Are they like able?

Not really

Boring vanilla team

Sweeney needs to go for passing on Barzal - I don’t care about McAvoy

I want perfection
Well said. This team is likable and are actually having a great and fun season.

Reactions: DKH

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Man this is a depressing thread to read as a Blues fan whose favorite player for a long time was David Backes.

His real problem is the loss of speed, not that he was ever fast. The effort and hands are there but he can't keep up with the play anymore.

I've always liked him as a player and I truly respect the professionalism he's shown this year- a lot of players would have b!tched and complained about reduced minutes, being scratched & ended up becoming a locker room cancer but not him. He's sucked it up and gotten on with it as best he can.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He’s been so banged up since joining the team I don’t expect him to improve. Not his fault. Only so much you can do.

I still love having the guy on the team and im so glad he had a moment like last night and the Montreal goal earlier this season. He’s mostly invisible these days but he’ll surprise you every now and again in a big spot. Busts his ass still. I think he’s still capable of being a solid 4th liner. He just can’t displace Wagner or Kuraly. Maybe he will displace Acciari come playoff time, probably not though since the second half of Acciari’s season has been much better than the first half imo

But he’s been far and away the most unlucky player in the league since coming here. Not just injuries but some f***ing weird ones

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He’s been so banged up since joining the team I don’t expect him to improve. Not his fault. Only so much you can do.

I still love having the guy on the team and im so glad he had a moment like last night and the Montreal goal earlier this season. He’s mostly invisible these days but he’ll surprise you every now and again in a big spot. Busts his ass still. I think he’s still capable of being a solid 4th liner. He just can’t displace Wagner or Kuraly. Maybe he will displace Acciari come playoff time, probably not though since the second half of Acciari’s season has been much better than the first half imo

But he’s been far and away the most unlucky player in the league since coming here. Not just injuries but some ****ing weird ones

Yeah like getting cut with a skate blade- not once but twice!

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

It's not his fault that the miles have caught up to him. Guy is a warrior, and it sucks to see his career wind down like it is in a town where he isn't regarded/revered like he is in STL.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Still has a good shot btw but it’s basically just that and physicality at this point and he has either been too slow to get to where he needs to in order to use his shot or he plays with people who aren’t talented enough to get him going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad