Speculation: David Backes House For Sale

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I agree with the thought of possibly moving Steen in the near future, but I just don't see it happening. I think he might be the next captain honestly(though I think it SHOULD go to Petro, I can definitely see it going to Steen). I bet they try to lock him up for a few more years after his deal expires.

As for Backes, if this is just him testing the market and/or downsizing, it's awfully strange timing. I think it definitely means he's considering leaving St. Louis, in which case it will be hard to see him leave, but at the same time I think it's the right decision long term for the team, and likely Backes because he will get more money elsewhere.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That's a beautiful home by the way. $8,800 a month is just a bit over my budget though. :laugh:

Total Bender

Unregistered User
Apr 20, 2014
Stl
Isn't it pretty typical for pending free agents to list their home in the weeks before free agency? Possibly sending a message to Army that there will be no hometown discount?

I've come to terms with either result regarding Backes but letting him walk just doesn't seem to fit the "one last chance" tone that has been created by giving hitch one more year.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
I agree with the thought of possibly moving Steen in the near future, but I just don't see it happening. I think he might be the next captain honestly(though I think it SHOULD go to Petro, I can definitely see it going to Steen). I bet they try to lock him up for a few more years after his deal expires.

As for Backes, if this is just him testing the market and/or downsizing, it's awfully strange timing. I think it definitely means he's considering leaving St. Louis, in which case it will be hard to see him leave, but at the same time I think it's the right decision long term for the team, and likely Backes because he will get more money elsewhere.

Totally agree with this. Would love to keep him on a reasonable short-term deal but he'll get more elsewhere.

Time to move on for both sides. He just might get his Cup somewhere else.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I don't think Backes would know that for sure unless they have already resigned Schwartz and it just hasn't been released to the media yet. I don't see them doing anything until Schwartz is resigned unless Backes took a hometown discount too good to pass up.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Backes' house has been withdrawn from the market

lol at this saga. Reminds me of a time when Nebraska was hiring a new football coach, and they sent a privately owned jet to pick up Houston Nutt (then at Arkansas) as the rumored new coach. Well, he didn't get on the jet, but the flight plan was publicly available. Obviously, he was never coach at Nebraska (and they hired Callahan instead).

This publicly available information being scrutinized this closely for clues is kind of humorous. I hope poor Backes isn't having his privacy invaded too badly, but I wonder if they've agreed in principle to something (I bet strongly that they have).

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Pretty much. 5 years @ 5.8 :sarcasm:

I'd be okay with that if it happened. I'd rather it be 4 years, but I think that is fair, and he could actually get more going elsewhere. I see Brouwer leaving and Shatty being traded for picks.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Ott bought it. When Backes turned down his latest offer, Armstrong felt that the team couldn't lose more grit and leadership. So he offered Ott the $5.5x3 he had previously offered Backes. Because we all know that when we lose a center, Ott is ready to step into that contract offer. #OttPlanB

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Why do you guys turn every thread into something stupid? Everyone knows Christopher Beckford-Tseu is buying that house and is going to put an end to our goalie controversy and lead us to the promise land.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Ott bought it. When Backes turned down his latest offer, Armstrong felt that the team couldn't lose more grit and leadership. So he offered Ott the $5.5x3 he had previously offered Backes. Because we all know that when we lose a center, Ott is ready to step into that contract offer. #OttPlanB

This made me :laugh:

Then I realized it's something Army would actually do. :amazed:

Finally I :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad