Recalled/Assigned: Dave Warsofsky to Providence 12/10/14

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I get riled up when folks put McQuaid down. he wins. he and Seidenberg are the the big plusses. I'd be happier seeing Chara packaged to go while he's worth a lot. keeping McQuaid is the only smart option at his pay and effectiveness. I'd much rather see Bartkowski and/or Boychuk and/or Hamilton offered up to other teams. I think McQuaid and Krug and Seidenberg and Miller are the corners to the six-to-eight-piece puzzle.

Chara and Dougie would be idiotic.

I think there can be a case made for moving Boychuk however I think Boychuk brings a game that is under appreciated.

Boychuk stepped up huge in the playoffs last season and other than Chara he was IMO our best ad-man last night-he contributes a lot.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Go back and look at the trades he's made in the past and read the comments he's made prior to them, often weeks before. There's a pattern.

Not sure what comments you are talking about. Can't really do a ton of research while here at work... Surely you have something that you're referring to?

I don't get the same read that you do is the thing.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Chara and Dougie would be idiotic.

I think there can be a case made for moving Boychuk however I think Boychuk brings a game that is under appreciated.

Boychuk stepped up huge in the playoffs last season and other than Chara he was IMO our best ad-man last night-he contributes a lot.

I love Boychuk as much as the next guy. I'd hate to see him go.

But I get the feeling that the time is coming. Probably next season. Cap is going to dictate and we are going to lose a player or two who have been valuable to this team.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Miller had the best NHL start a stay at home defenseman can have.

Our defense is already really deep. I thought he played better than Bart, really played well... Really good to have him. He'll definitely be here full time soon.

If I had to choose I would keep Miller over Bartkowski.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I get riled up when folks put McQuaid down. he wins. he and Seidenberg are the the big plusses. I'd be happier seeing Chara packaged to go while he's worth a lot. keeping McQuaid is the only smart option at his pay and effectiveness. I'd much rather see Bartkowski and/or Boychuk and/or Hamilton offered up to other teams. I think McQuaid and Krug and Seidenberg and Miller are the corners to the six-to-eight-piece puzzle.

McQuaid plays 15 minutes per game, that is the definition of a replaceable defenseman.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Because it can mean anything, or nothing at all. It could very well be the verbal equivalent of a pat on the back for Millar. "Keep working, son, you're proving yourself."

It's human nature to discern signs and portents in everything, but this place tends to go a tad overboard in that department.

This is what GM Chiarelli said to Miller, according to CSNNE:

“We felt that Kevan would probably be a waiver pickup by somebody, and didn’t want to risk it,†said Peter Chiarelli. “I spoke to Kevan beforehand, and he understood it. I told him that I felt good about his play up here, and the next time he comes up [to the NHL] it will probably be for good.â€

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/bruins-call-warsofsky-demote-miller-cunningham

Notice the qualifier, but also notice that is a very strong statement from GM Chiarelli. Miller has to be encouraged. I really liked his steady play and think he can contribute nicely in Boston.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What you said wasn't unreasonable at all. It could very well mean a trade, as if Miller sticks, you have:
Chara
Seidenberg
Boychuk
Krug
McQuaid
Dougie
Bartkowski
Miller

I don't think we'll see any of those guys sent down, and so far as I can recall, the Bruins aren't in the habit of carrying 2 healthy scratch dmen.

Does Miller's emergence coupled with Chia's comment mean a trade is definitely on the horizon? No. Does it (Miller's emergence) increase the odds the B's will look to move a dman? Absolutely IMO.

I don't know if a trade is brewing, but if it was I'd keep Miller over Bartkowski.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
McQuaid plays 15 minutes per game, that is the definition of a replaceable defenseman.

Exactly.

But hes been part of 2 deep Cup runs I'll be sad to see him go.

If the kid was 30 pounds heavier and could regularly fight heavy weights who are in the NHL just because they fight he'd be a career Bruin.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Not very relevent to his current play but I loved watching Warsofsky play on the US Junior team that won gold then come home and "hit one over the Green Monster" a week later. What a week for the kid.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
sucks for miller.
i think he earned a spot in the top 6.
mcquaids a good #7. he's replacable.

millers poise with the puck and speed is just something i didnt expect from him.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Maybe Chia is planning a big trade.

Needs: Scoring and Speed

Moveable Assets:

Jordan Caron- 1st rd pick that still might have some potential on another team
Matt Bartkowski- Good defenseman that has shown he can play in the NHL
Adam McQuaid= 55th pick overall, SC Champ, tough, stay at home defenseman
Torey Krug- great puck moving defenseman who is undersized
Alex Khokhlachev- slick scoring young Russia player

Targets???????

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Maybe Chia is planning a big trade.

Needs: Scoring and Speed

Moveable Assets:

Jordan Caron- 1st rd pick that still might have some potential on another team
Matt Bartkowski- Good defenseman that has shown he can play in the NHL
Adam McQuaid= 55th pick overall, SC Champ, tough, stay at home defenseman
Torey Krug- great puck moving defenseman who is undersized
Alex Khokhlachev- slick scoring young Russia player

Targets???????

I don't believe there is any big trade being planned outside of HF fantasy land.

That being said, remove McQuaid and Krug; insert Brad Marchand.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I don't believe there is any big trade being planned outside of HF fantasy land.

That being said, remove McQuaid and Krug; insert Brad Marchand.

I'm sure Chia is sniffing around at possibilities. This team is good, but (as often the case) in need of some offensive spark. Wouldn't be surprised if a short list of tradable assets included: Marchand, Caron, Bartkowski, Boychuk, McQuaid... after tonight, maybe Warsofsky or Krug?

A package of 1F, 1D, + draft pick could maybe net a decent forward to round out the top 12..

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They are not moving Krug. No chance, no how. Krug has become a core player on this team, and he brings an element no one else is even close in.

Warsofsky is more of a tiny Bartkowski than a Krug. He has decent offensive instincts, but nothing even remotely close to the elite level of skill that Krug has. He hasn't produced anywhere close to the level that Krug has despite being a year older.

Good for David he gets his chance. Thankfully the next 2 games are against the Sabres, and they are the worst offensive team in the league by historical margins

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
To Dallas: Marchand and Bartkowski

To Boston: Chiasson and a 1st

Marchand reunites with his bed buddy, Bartkowski helps a horrendous Dallas defense and Chiasson is that big RW that the Bruins covet.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I haven't read the whole thread but I would just like to point out they have two very physical games coming up with Buffalo and already are getting pretty soft without Thornton and McQuaid (who I would never trade BTW). I would have brought up Moore or Morrow on an emergency basis before Warofsky, nothing against him but this must be one of the smallest D's in the NHL right now, even with Chara

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Marchand reunites with his bed buddy, Bartkowski helps a horrendous Dallas defense and Chiasson is that big RW that the Bruins covet.

still love Marchand, but Chiasson would be a perfect Bruins. I watched him at BU and after 2 shifts was like:amazed: this guy is exactly what I want on this team

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

You do realize that Jim Nill is the GM in Dallas and not Brian Burke right? Dallas would never do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad