Dave Tippett hired as Phoenix Coyotes head coach

Jakeman

Sep 11, 2008
This is great news Tippet is a great coach! To TGO, thanks for all your hard work and help with this franchise...your help went above and beyond coaching.

JavJav

Jul 22, 2009
Chandler, AZ
AZcentral already has it up..
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyotes/articles/2009/09/24/20090924spt-tippett.html

Dave Tippett, former coach of the Dallas Stars, will be named the new head coach of the Coyotes today. He replaces Wayne Gretzky, who resigned today.

Tippett, 48, coached the previous six seasons in Dallas, compiling a record of 271-156-28. He took the Stars to the playoffs in his first five seasons.

The official announcement will come at 3 p.m. news conference.
Tippett’s hiring completes a revamp of the coaching staff. In recent days, the Coyotes have hired Sean Burke as goaltending coach and Dave King as an assistant.

Gretzky announced on his Web site today that he was resigning.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Indeed. And Baum ruling in favor of NHL would be good on a Friday. Then we just need a good local owner.

I imagine a wave of good karma like that is worth a playoff birth. Tippet helps, just a tad :sarcasm:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sorry, I can no longer edit(retaliation is not the best way to deal with Phoenix bashing, btw, the report post button is the new way to go), but our whole staff just looks so solid now...

Tippett, King, and Samuelsson behind the bench. Sulliman up top and Burke with our big goalies. Nice. Not to mention Maloney, Treliving, and Ireland. So solid.

I really hope Keith Gretzky sticks around, though. I think he will.

vofty

Mar 2, 2008
TX
Congrats Phoenix fans! Couldn't even imagine how frustrating it must have been with Gretz behind the bench. Although I will miss Ribs getting psyched up to play in front of the great one.;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad