Tribute Dave Tippett Appreciation thread.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I'll admit I was def. one of the people who wanted to see him come here.

I do think he's a good coach (same as Todd) , but something wasn't mixing well with this group this season. I'm not above saying "Thanks for trying". Too many things not working.
I wonder if he'll show up in Seattle's management again.

Farewell Dave! and well earned promotion for Woody
Looking forward to this new coaching staff. It was needed badly.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I appreciate how you got millions out of Holland. It is a true art

To be so thoroughly unqualified, but get such a big pay day and land the keys to the best player in the world is a true gift

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
This guy might have been one of the worst coaches we have seen here. And we had rookie Dallas Eakins as coach!

Tippet had better rosters than any coach previously during the decade of darkness and only 'succeeded' if McDrai carried his fraud ass.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
This guy might have been one of the worst coaches we have seen here. And we had rookie Dallas Eakins as coach!

Tippet had better rosters than any coach previously during the decade of darkness and only 'succeeded' if McDrai carried his fraud ass.

My lord no, Dallas Eakins was horrible ... horrible coach.

Reactions: GreeningOil

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
I would take him over a couple of coach's that recently tried like Ken or Dallas. Myself.

The hate is strong right now, I get it.

Again, Tippet had better roster than Eakins and his only 'strategy' was to put McDrai together. The guy is a fraud.

Every player we acquired for depth has played worse under Tippet than they did prior to joining the Oilers. That's remarkable.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Again, Tippet had better roster than Eakins and his only 'strategy' was to put McDrai together. The guy is a fraud.

Every player we acquired for depth has played worse under Tippet than they did prior to joining the Oilers. That's remarkable.

Everything Dallas did was horrible from odd food mentality, attitude towards players, tactics, etc. Not a guy I liked at all.

Anyways, I hear you, and respect your opinion :)

Reactions: Marty McSurly

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Everything Dallas did was horrible from odd food mentality, attitude towards players, tactics, etc. Not a guy I liked at all.

Anyways, I hear you, and respect your opinion :)

I'm no fan of Eakins either but somehow Tippet was worse. That's remarkable

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I'm no fan of Eakins either but somehow Tippet was worse. That's remarkable

Fair, I see a coach that turned a bottom dwelling team in 25th place to a top 11 team in the previous 2 seasons that nearly lead the division
both times. Like him or hate him. That deserves a nod from me.

Reactions: AM

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Fair, I see a coach that turned a bottom dwelling team in 25th place to a top 11 team in the previous 2 seasons that nearly lead the division
both times. Like him or hate him. That deserves a nod from me.

All on the back of McDrai. When they cooled off he lost 12 in a row. That's who Tippet was. A below average coach dragged into the playoffs by two of the best players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad