Rumor: Dave Pagnotta Reporting Blues/Calgary discussing Parayko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I don't buy it. It doesn't seem to make sense for either team. With Anderson and Weegar as top 4 RHD, wouldn't Calgary prefer to look for a LHD to replace Zadorov? Weegar can play LD, so it isn't insane, but doesn't seem like the player they would target.

What would the Blues want out of it? Is it a RHD for RHD swap? Parayko for Weegar? Most of Calgary's best prospects are wingers and goalies, no? That is where the Blues prospect pool is strongest. We need D and C. I mean, I'd take Coronato, but I doubt Calgary would get rid of him for a guy on their 2nd pair that's going to knock their other 2nd pair D to his offside. Is Zary their best C/D prospect? He doesn't really move the needle for me.
Parayko for Weegar is all that really makes sense to me.

Unless it’s a three team deal where the Flames send Weegar back to Florida or something :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Team can’t score and limits chances against better than most teams in the league. Team adds defenceman. Makes sense to me.
Team has been top 10 in goals for for almost 2 months now, top 3 in 5v5 goals over that stretch, and best in the league at 5v5 offense over their last 10 games. They’ve also been bottom half for goals allowed during that stretch. Makes sense to me.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
When I think of Parayko, he reminds me of Zadora and vice versa.....and then I imagine them as Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots.

View attachment 649905
If the Blues trade Parayko they'll be trading their only player willing to drop the gloves. As you know from whenever you watch him, he's just so physical and nasty, and a big rock em sock em puncher. I suppose we could let you have this brute for a really big price. You can see what an effect his toughness has on opponents, the physical intimidation factor means you always have to keep your head on a swivel when he's out there.

• Haha
Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Are the Blues tearing it all down? I would have thought they want a quick turnaround

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
If the Blues trade Parayko they'll be trading their only player willing to drop the gloves. As you know from whenever you watch him, he's just so physical and nasty, and a big rock em sock em puncher. I suppose we could let you have this brute for a really big price. You can see what an effect his toughness has on opponents, the physical intimidation factor means you always have to keep your head on a swivel when he's out there.

Parayko and JBo would be a good fight. Or should I say a good purse swinging contest

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Are the Blues tearing it all down? I would have thought they want a quick turnaround

Their defense is bad and a lot of their forward depth is aging/contracting off the roster. Shedding Perron, now Tarasenko, and probably O'Reilly and Barbashev soon. They have Neighbours, Snuggerud, and Bolduc on the way, but it's going to be a couple years before those guys can reasonably shoulder big responsibility.

Fans and media are split about what they should and will do, but Parayko isn't so great that dealing him is tearing it all down if they can replace him with somebody who better fits Thomas and Kyrou's window. They could reasonably shoot for somewhere in the middle. Hard retool, but shoot for getting back into the playoffs within a few years.

Reactions: Blueston

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What is St. Louis's plan? Retool on the fly or rebuild time? If you have traded already Tarasenko, and presumably O'Reilly and possible Parayko, I think it is time to tear it all down.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Parayko is the last player the Blues should be moving.

I don’t find this rumor to hold any truth, Flames have many right shot defenders and some play a similar style to Parayko so why would Calgary waste assets on a position they are already strong in, it just doesn’t make much sense considering the Flames would probably value a scoring forward rather then another defensive defenseman.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
What is St. Louis's plan? Retool on the fly or rebuild time? If you have traded already Tarasenko, and presumably O'Reilly and possible Parayko, I think it is time to tear it all down.

Those guys haven't been their best players in recent seasons, anyway. Thomas, Buchnevich, Kyrou, and Faulk have all been equivalent or higher impact. O'Reilly has been gradually tapering since winning the Conn Smythe and Tarasenko wasn't staying. Those guys definitely haven't helped them much this season.

Dealing Parayko (or Faulk) might not be a good idea, but if they did, it would be part of the retool so that their defense could match the age/window of their forward core.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
What's with all these outlandish rumors. Karlsson to Edmonton, Miller to Carolina, paryoko to Calgary, Tyler freaking Myers to Toronto, etc. Are people just throwing things and hoping they stick

Reactions: 10Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad