Dave Hakstol Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hey Ron, running a Hockey team isn't a charity event. You're in the business of winning and the current regime has no business teaching winning hockey. MAKE A ****ING MOVE ALREADY YOU ****ING IDIOT.
Hi Crescent Street. This is Ronald Hextall......let me be curt and frank....NO!

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I honestly wish we never got rid of Mason. He was outstanding for us. I know he had bad luck in WPG. And has no eventually retired.

But he was superb for us. I will never forget the rangers playoff series when he stood on his head.
And tbh, even when he was bad, he was still better than our current goaltending.

If I could go back in time, I would have let Neuvirth walk, and signed Elliott as our back up. Maybe things would have been better for him / us.

Or who knows. Maybe he would have sucked , and got hurt too.

Coulda woulda shoulda

Reactions: Tripod

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Mason would probably still be here if he wasnt forced to play while injured by Berube, which first caused a rift between his goalie coach Reese leading to his departure, and later caused a rift between Mason and management. Good times.

Sources: Jeff Reese's spat with Flyers began over Steve Mason's injuries

based on results if there a problem between Mase n the Flyers. im gunna side with Mase on how a goalie needs to be treated..

the Flyers have shown a gross ability to mismanage them..

given Hexys playing career makes it even more grevious...

jesus this place has becomee a true goalie graveyard

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How bout we get @Captain Dave Poulin to sacrifice 74 bunnies?:thumbu: That should satisfy the angry hockey gods.

tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Everything is greener on the other side of the hill, including the crabgrass.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t know how anyone could watch Mason’s last season with the Flyers, capped by his postseason press conference, & want him back.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
As much as I love some of the young players we have and guys like Ghost and G, I can't stand watching this team. It's a boring team that sucks and sucks and sucks.

Fire Hakstol.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Um, I never said we don’t draft well or prospects aren’t making an impact?

You said “a lot of the Flyers organization could walk on water and people would still say it’s because they can’t swim”. That’s what I directly responded to, that quote doesn’t cite management or any individual or part of the organization specifically.

Come back to me when your reading comprehension is at an adult level.

You literally said ‘half of our lauded prospects aren’t making an impact’! It’s in the post I quoted. Before you go full condescending arsehole it’s best to check what you’ve actually written.

Which half of our most lauded guys aren’t making an impact?

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
You literally said ‘half of our lauded prospects aren’t making an impact’! It’s in the post I quoted. Before you go full condescending ******** it’s best to check what you’ve actually written.

Which half of our most lauded guys aren’t making an impact?

Except that’s only half the quote. Again, come back to me when your reading comprehension is at an adult level. That or you’re not being completely disingenuous.

Reactions: Philly Phish

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This team isn't a molten mess, imagine if we had a real goalie, say .910 S% instead of the .880 league worst.
Instead of 9-10-2 we'd probably be 12-7-2 and in the middle of the playoff race.
Goalies don't solve everything, they just keep everything from melting down.

It's not just the Flyers,
Vegas 10-12-1, .893 S%
St Louis 7-10-3, .901 S%
Pens 8-8-4, .901 S%

Want some "overachiever"
Buffalo 14-6-2, .919 S%
Rangers 12-8-2, .917%
NYI, 10-8-2, .916%

S%
2018-19: .908
2017-18: .912
2016-17: .913
2015-16: .915
2014-15: .915
2013-14: .914

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I mean it's not like sc pct is influenced by the quality of chances given up... But yeah the teams with the best sc pct generally have the best record...great analysis there chief.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Hi guys! Kings fan, come in peace (and in pieces)

just wanted to know how close are the Flyers to firing Hakstol?

i wanna place a bet on nobody else being fired this year w/ odds being @ 45:1

i have a feeling between PIT, PHI, ANA, and FLO that the flyers are the next team to pull the trigger

but do you guys feel it'll be done after this season, or definitely sometime this season?

thanks!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

i have a feeling between PIT, PHI, ANA, and FLO that the flyers are the next team to pull the trigger

but do you guys feel it'll be done after this season, or definitely sometime this season?

thanks!
We all HOPE (except for like 2 or 3 contrarians) it's as soon as possible, but it's unlikely Hextall would make a big change like that in mid-season, unless something drastic happens.

Some of us believe he'll likely be gone if they don't win a playoff series this year.
Some are convinced he'll finish out his contract (the rest of this year and next year).

He's one of the, if not THE, worst in the league. Terrible system, horrific player management, and just generally awful at everything he does.

For example, last game our worst defensemen played the most of all players. Which is ridiculous on it's own, but then consider we started the game off down 0-4 in the first period, so we were playing catch-up all game, and this player is horrible at everything, but especially awful offensively.

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

thanks!
Given the fact that he didn't fire lappy after shitting the bed for 5 years straight I would wager he isn't firing hakstol. If anything maybe lappy is going to be his scapegoat, but I doubt even that.

Reactions: KingPuckChoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad