Dave Hakstol Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, because there window closed and it’s time to move on.

Every coach that has ever been fired fans have been happy with.

That doesn’t mean he’s a bad coach.

At least he scratched Manning seven games into the season. Here we would play 82 games.
I was reading what they were saying about him loooong before he was let go, even back to last year and the year before. Very familiar complaints about player usage and a lack of adjustments.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Does this look familiar?

Q was Q he never changed, even with knowing his rear end is so close to getting canned he kept playing his favorites rather than the best team. It’s ironic that in his last game he had both Kunitz and Martinsen playing Lmao.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah, who would want a coach who won the stanley cup multiple times in the last 10 years when we can keep wakeboard expert Dave Hakstol, or use another inexperienced coach who is part of the current coaching staff that sucks.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
what the h is wrong with you? you keep a loser coach over a coach that has won three cups? really? are you that insane?

you dont want him here? yeah i am because im sick of losing, are you?
I don’t stake my Flyers’ fandom on it. That’s absurd.
He’s a good coach who has had the luxury of coaching a lot of loaded teams in his career, & hasn’t done well when the talent dropped off. He had a worse record than Hakstol last season.
Talent matters. Coaches aren’t magical. Too much parity in the league.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
Road trip saved his job...no way hex will fire him now. Quenneville will end up in St. Louis tormenting the hawks.

Reactions: Danko

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Q would play guys we don't like too much, but he wouldn't talk complete nonsense all the time like Hakstol does.

Reactions: jghockey

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Road trip saved his job...no way hex will fire him now. Quenneville will end up in St. Louis tormenting the hawks.

A return to St. Louis does seem extremely likely.

Another great coach passed up on in favor of Beet Boy.

Hopefully Hextall is fired the day after another team hires Quenneville.

Reactions: Lurch

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Q would play guys we don't like too much, but he wouldn't talk complete nonsense all the time like Hakstol does.

Yeah I mean, if you look around HF Boards, most fanbases have players they wish the coach would play less. The difference is, we are dealing with that issue AND A WHOLE LOT MORE when it comes with Hakstol.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Everyone falling over themselves clamoring for Quenneville probably bashes Hakstol for playing role players too much, being too rigid in his ways, & having “favorites.” Quenneville does the same things. The cognitive dissonance is quite humorous.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t stake my Flyers’ fandom on it. That’s absurd.
He’s a good coach who has had the luxury of coaching a lot of loaded teams in his career, & hasn’t done well when the talent dropped off. He had a worse record than Hakstol last season.
Talent matters. Coaches aren’t magical. Too much parity in the league.

it doesnt matter, when are things are going change when this team hits rock bottom? you are just as bad as hextall. hak gets no pass, he's gets crap teams and get free passes? that's freaking weak.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I dont even care about the player decisions, if anything just for the system and changes in the way these guys play the game. I dont want to sit here and be bored to death watching hockey any longer.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Everyone falling over themselves clamoring for Quenneville probably bashes Hakstol for playing role players too much, being too rigid in his ways, & having “favorites.” Quenneville does the same things. The cognitive dissonance is quite humorous.

Q doesn't coach an idiotic system designed to beat college goalies. That's automatically a huge upgrade.

This roster has a ton of talent. Don't let Hakstol's misuse of it convince you otherwise.

I'd say a good GM would immediately fire Hakstol, but if we had a good GM then Hak wouldn't be the coach. We are screwed.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Q doesn't coach an idiotic system designed to beat college goalies. That's automatically a huge upgrade.

This roster has a ton of talent. Don't let Hakstol's misuse of it convince you otherwise.

I'd say a good GM would immediately fire Hakstol, but if we had a good GM then Hak wouldn't be the coach. We are screwed.

Ain't that the truth. Instead we have a coward behind the bench, a coward GM, and a coward ownership group that is the devil.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We don't want Quenneville.

There's a reason Hawks fans are happy about this. The general sentiment seems to be that they appreciate the memory of the cup wins but he needed to go.

The complaints about him sound eerily similar to ours.

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018

There's a difference though. Coach Q gives his players a kick in the pants when necessary.
I dunno what Haks does....

Reactions: tucson83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad