Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Sure. Give me that young Knob.
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I wonder just how much say either of Knob or Lappy have over their units' deployments and personnel.

I wonder that too, but 1) I can't see any way that Jeff just lets them get after it and make their own decisions without oversight, i.e. more or less total control, and 2) there is just no way we will ever know, so I choose to believe that Knob's time in Erie is more illustrative of what we would see from him than the evidence of our current power play is.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
MacDonald occupies this grey area of being neither “heavy” (he gets so physically outmatched it’s farcical).....nor “reliable” (he doesn’t just make death by 1000 cuts mistakes, he makes BIG sword in the belly ones).

Nothing matters. He’s a rule breaker. A trend setter. A trail blazer.

Sullivan was their AHL coach so......Go Gordon Go!

Actually, that's why I would want Knob to coach in the AHL a couple years before considering him as HC.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I always wondered if it was a case that Hak is such a control freak he sticks his nose in everything and doesn't trust his assistants to make decisions.

He certainly seems to disapprove of player creativity and skill, preferring strict adherence to his vision. If the assistants are only carrying out the vision of their HC with minimal leeway of their own it would help justify Lappy's ongoing employment, and would soothe my concern over Knob and the host of struggles that has plagued PP2.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
He certainly seems to disapprove of player creativity and skill, preferring strict adherence to his vision. If the assistants are only carrying out the vision of their HC with minimal leeway of their own it would help justify Lappy's ongoing employment, and would soothe my concern over Knob and the host of struggles that has plagued PP2.
I really think the control thing is why he's so in love with the vet players. He knows exactly what he's going to get and in a weird way it probably comforts him. He just strikes me as somebody who has control and risk aversion problems.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
How and why the f*** is that beneficial to any team? Oh you guys want to use you talent and skill? f*** that shit boring defensive hockey, horrid PK’ing, shitty roster decisions and downright good ol’ fashioned Dakota Dave coaching is what we’re doing, it’s frustrating watching this tool behind the bench, Hexy needs to either get his shit together and get rid of the inept crash test dummy or just f*** off himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad