Dave Hakstol Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Don't forget breakways against. We heard how Ghost ALWAYS allowed them, yet didn't. Not a peep about guys getting behind AMac....only excuses. "He is working himself back to 100%. He was fine in the 2nd and 3rd period"
Unbelievable.

To say Ghost causes more than Manning, Hagg, or Mac??????? That's either a bold faced lie or GLARING ignorance. At this point it's tough to tell which.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Cant get more out of this group. Look at the efforts on forechecks and back checks and board battles HAHAHAHAHAHA. Dont like the coach either but this team doesnt have it.
OK from some other thread I understood that you were involved in some oil business and if I'm not entirely wrong you probably were some kind of owner of the business (correct me if I'm wrong). So you your employees are doing bad job, they are lazy and not working up to your standards. You know they are capable of doing better job. Do you blame the employees or their supervisor for their lack of effort?

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
OK from some other thread I understood that you were involved in some oil business and if I'm not entirely wrong you probably were some kind of owner of the business (correct me if I'm wrong). So you your employees are doing bad job, they are lazy and not working up to your standards. You know they are capable of doing better job. Do you blame the employees or their supervisor for their lack of effort?
To be honest since we paid more and give huge bonuses there wasnt to many floaters in our employee's so to speak. If they are capable then you do what you can but Hak cant teach the forwards to back check or the d to be better or the goalies to be better. Hak can go to though as I dont think hes that great.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
To be honest since we paid more and give huge bonuses there wasnt to many floaters in our employee's so to speak. If they are capable then you do what you can but Hak cant teach the forwards to back check or the d to be better or the goalies to be better. Hak can go to though as I dont think hes that great.

Me too, Mango, I think he is the pits. He's basically Gritty's armpits while Gritty is suffering meat sweats.

Reactions: Amorgus

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

Bolded is not true. That's actually really big part of his job.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Bolded is not true. That's actually really big part of his job.
Sure but you can tell by the hustle of players and this team doesnt work hard man and its easy to see compared to other teams. Pk is the players. Slow to every puck and no checking stick or blocking shots on purpose to make it harder for theother team to score. So much other shit too that you would say is coaches but others couldnt get it out of them either. The game is so much more then scoring goals and getting points.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes but not good at anything else isnt good and the whole flyers d isnt good at all. provy has been ok to good but nothing special and hes the best we got.

He is good at many other things. Dont make things up.

I'd have thought youd be thrilled by Ghost using physicality to keep guys off the puck. Instead you somehow haven't noticed it.

Reactions: Striiker

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He is good at many other things. Dont make things up.

I'd have thought youd be thrilled by Ghost using physicality to keep guys off the puck. Instead you somehow haven't noticed it.

Let's not get carried away with Ghost being physical, he has learned to use his body to screen guys off the puck, but Ottawa exposed the limits of a smaller guy trying to handle big forwards in the crease, or why TK doesn't play the PK or at the end of games with a lead when it gets crowded and dirty in front of the net.

Not that I like MacDonald any better in those situations, but I'd much rather have MacDonald eating pucks than Ghost.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Braindead posters don't like Ghost. He's too good at actually helping the team win to be liked.

No shock there.
Us braindead retired people know everything about this game and ghost while good on this team will have problems in playoffs. Makes good offensive plays and the odd d play.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Let's not get carried away with Ghost being physical, he has learned to use his body to screen guys off the puck, but Ottawa exposed the limits of a smaller guy trying to handle big forwards in the crease, or why TK doesn't play the PK or at the end of games with a lead when it gets crowded and dirty in front of the net.

Not that I like MacDonald any better in those situations, but I'd much rather have MacDonald eating pucks than Ghost.
Truth.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

TK doesn't play the PK or at end of games because the coach is bad and he prefers to play inferior players. I didn't get carried away with Ghost, I described exactly what he does and you don't even disagree.

It's amazing how you maintain such dishonest double standards. When the team plays well defensively, all credit goes to Hakstol. And, I also credit him for the defensive system, which is sound when he isn't sabotaging himself with MacDonald and Hagg overuse. Or rather...it WAS sound. Now, the system is in shambles. Dmen are making correct and good individual plays and it's for nothing because there is no support from partners or forwards, you have guys playing as individuals against organized opposition. That is a systemic issue, it is a coaching issue; yet you only blame the players.

The d is good: You give all credit to Hakstol.
The d is bad: Hakstol suddenly has nothing to do with it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK doesn't play the PK or at end of games because the coach is bad and he prefers to play inferior players. I didn't get carried away with Ghost, I described exactly what he does and you don't even disagree.

Maybe because I pointed that out months ago?
Ghost is much improved defensively (sure, he did it on his own, it's MAGIC!).

But he was physically dominated in the Ottawa game, just shoved out of the way and pushed to the ice and was basically a nonfactor in front of the net. That's also what he does, it's a problem with practically any 5'10 185 lb defenseman trying to wrestle with 200+ lb forwards.

I don't love Hak, I just think it's abject nonsense to think that some miracle worker coach is going to come in and make this team better.
This team has performed about where you'd expect given the talent, so it's unlikely most new coaches will get it to perform better.
(A few people here have delusions about the level of talent on this team, but not people outside of Philly)
What will make this team better is more talent, especially an above average goalie and more size and speed.

Flyers were ranked #11 preseason, just ahead of Anaheim and CBJ.
Vegas line is 98.5 points, Sporting News predicted 97 points.
That is, even with the addition of JVR, Flyers are expected to do about as well as last year (probably b/c they looked at the goalies).
That's who they are, you could bring Sullivan over, but unless he brought Murray and Crosby with him, doubt those numbers would change.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe because I pointed that out months ago?
Ghost is much improved defensively (sure, he did it on his own, it's MAGIC!).

But he was physically dominated in the Ottawa game, just shoved out of the way and pushed to the ice and was basically a nonfactor in front of the net. That's also what he does, it's a problem with practically any 5'10 185 lb defenseman trying to wrestle with 200+ lb forwards.

I don't love Hak, I just think it's abject nonsense to think that some miracle worker coach is going to come in and make this team better.
This team has performed about where you'd expect given the talent, so it's unlikely most new coaches will get it to perform better.
(A few people here have delusions about the level of talent on this team, but not people outside of Philly)
What will make this team better is more talent, especially an above average goalie and more size and speed.

Flyers were ranked #11 preseason, just ahead of Anaheim and CBJ.
Vegas line is 98.5 points, Sporting News predicted 97 points.
That is, even with the addition of JVR, Flyers are expected to do about as well as last year (probably b/c they looked at the goalies).
That's who they are, you could bring Sullivan over, but unless he brought Murray and Crosby with him, doubt those numbers would change.

Nonsense. You adore Hak. I've repeatedly asked you to name a single flaw, and all you can do is blame players or Hextall. You can't think of a single flaw; you think he is absolutely flawless.

The team has not performed where you'd expect. You yourself claimed the roster has improved, and that it is even good enough to be judging Hakstol. They're falling short, badly. The team is a complete mess. They're dysfunctional as hell, even experienced players who have been under Hakstol for years now. It's a coaching problem.

Sullivan has done great even when key players are injured. The Pens don't miss a beat.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yep, it's pretty disgusting, honestly.

It's the same as last year when they had the losing streak. That was all the players fault and you can't blame Hakstol for them not performing... but then they start winning and it's thanks to Hakstol, apparently. Same with TK... when he was buried in the bottom 6 it was all his fault that he was incapable of playing in the top 6... but as soon as he goes on the top line and starts producing like a maniac, it's BECAUSE of Hakstols player development (literally overnight because the previous day he wasn't a top 6 player).

I can't imagine being so biased and dishonest that they contradict themselves so often and so blatantly that every person reading it knows exactly what they're doing... but they do it anyway.

And then accusing others of bias? :laugh: More dishonesty.
Has Konecny been placed on lines you consider unfair?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sullivan has done great even when key players are injured. The Pens don't miss a beat.

Penguins had 100 points last year, just two more than the Flyers, despite NO serious injuries.
Then lost in the second round.
Penguins talent wise were head and shoulders above the Flyers last year.

When they had injuries, they went out and traded for players (Malkin out, trade for Hagelin, Letang out, traded for Hainsey, 21:07 in the 2016-17 playoffs) because as a Cup contender, they're willing to sacrifice future assets to win now.

Sullivan may be a good coach, but he also had an aggressive GM who made key trades that helped them win those two cups, and a farm system with NHL ready players (22-23 years old) that they brought up in mid-season both years.

Flyers simply aren't in that position yet, until they solidify the goal tending, no point wasting assets on rentals for playoff runs.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Penguins had 100 points last year, just two more than the Flyers, despite NO serious injuries.
Then lost in the second round.
Penguins talent wise were head and shoulders above the Flyers last year.

When they had injuries, they went out and traded for players (Malkin out, trade for Hagelin, Letang out, traded for Hainsey, 21:07 in the 2016-17 playoffs) because as a Cup contender, they're willing to sacrifice future assets to win now.

Sullivan may be a good coach, but he also had an aggressive GM who made key trades that helped them win those two cups, and a farm system with NHL ready players (22-23 years old) that they brought up in mid-season both years.

Flyers simply aren't in that position yet, until they solidify the goal tending, no point wasting assets on rentals for playoff runs.

The Penguins played far more games in the last few years than the Flyers. That matters. Players wear down.

Why did you ignore all the rest of my post? Here, I'll repeat it:

Nonsense. You adore Hak. I've repeatedly asked you to name a single flaw, and all you can do is blame players or Hextall. You can't think of a single flaw; you think he is absolutely flawless.

The team has not performed where you'd expect. You yourself claimed the roster has improved, and that it is even good enough to be judging Hakstol. They're falling short, badly. The team is a complete mess. They're dysfunctional as hell, even experienced players who have been under Hakstol for years now. It's a coaching problem.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Don't forget breakways against. We heard how Ghost ALWAYS allowed them, yet didn't. Not a peep about guys getting behind AMac....only excuses. "He is working himself back to 100%. He was fine in the 2nd and 3rd period"
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad