Dave Hakstol making no lineup changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
He can get his team to tighten up which they did tonight. The players also often win in spite of him...konecny tonight is an example of that.

Hes not dressing the best possible line up and barely does.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hakstol genius confirmed.

200.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
From the sounds of it he hasn't adapted all year. So why should he start after getting blown out in the playoffs.

Who's idea was it to move Giroux to the wing?

Reactions: olli

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Yeah, Hakstol did great there. It's hard to judge a coach from our perspective as we have little inside information, which is very relevant to understand coaching decisions. The hate he gets from HF Flyers fans is just completely dumb, these people are clueless and know nothing about how hockey is played, all they do is complain 24/7 even when we win, complain that the 12th forward and 6th D are bad and that "OMG THE COACH PLAYED HIM INSTEAD OF HIM" without any deeper analysis, or even attempting to understand what is going on. Last year, some of them wanted to trade Giroux. Now some of them want to get rid of Voracek, insulting him regularly after a 85 pts season... same for Simmonds. One weaker (and not even that much) season after 6 amazing ones, and no respect shown towards him. I remember making a thread about the absurd hate Scott Hartnell was getting after a weak start in 2012... he ended up with nearly 40 goals that season. Some fans are just really short-sighted and impulsive.

Hakstol proved tonight that he was able to keep his troops calm, focused and confident after that terrible loss. He saw it as it was : just a flukey game. No panic, just focus and move on. One of the main roles of the coach is to be the number 1 leader in the team. He apparently did that well.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah, Hakstol did great there. It's hard to judge a coach from our perspective as we have little inside information, which is very relevant to understand coaching decisions. The hate he gets from HF Flyers fans is just completely dumb, these people are clueless and know nothing about how hockey is played, all they do is complain 24/7 even when we win, complain that the 12th forward and 6th D are bad and that "OMG THE COACH PLAYED HIM INSTEAD OF HIM" without any deeper analysis, or even attempting to understand what is going on. Last year, some of them wanted to trade Giroux. Now some of them want to get rid of Voracek, insulting him regularly after a 85 pts season... same for Simmonds. One weaker (and not even that much) season after 6 amazing ones, and no respect shown towards him. I remember making a thread about the absurd hate Scott Hartnell was getting after a weak start in 2012... he ended up with nearly 40 goals that season. Some fans are just really short-sighted and impulsive.

Hakstol proved tonight that he was able to keep his troops calm, focused and confident after that terrible loss. He saw it as it was : just a flukey game. No panic, just focus and move on. One of the main roles of the coach is to be the number 1 leader in the team. He apparently did that well.

Now, I'm wavering between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia here.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006

Dude please. His player management is horrible no matter how much you try to spin it. There is ZERO reason to play Konecny under 9mins when he is one of your most dynamic players.

Reactions: MayonnaiseOreo

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Dude please. His player management is horrible no matter how much you try to spin it. There is ZERO reason to play Konecny under 9mins when he is one of your most dynamic players.
Sure, but he gets criticized for EVERYTHING.

Earlier he was getting made fun of for his "blank stare" during the 7-0 loss. Really, it was him maintaining composure even in the face of adversity (like Quennville with the Blues way back when).

Its funny, because if he was seen screaming/ cursing during the blowout, he would be criticized for unraveling, letting his emotions get the best of him (like Boudreau and Torts do now)

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

he should be back on the first line, particularly in this series. Raffl isn't adding anything.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Sure, but he gets criticized for EVERYTHING.

Earlier he was getting made fun of for his "blank stare" during the 7-0 loss. Really, it was him maintaining composure even in the face of adversity (like Quennville with the Blues way back when).

Its funny, because if he was seen screaming/ cursing during the blowout, he would be criticized for unraveling, letting his emotions get the best of him (like Boudreau and Torts do now)

Would you take him as the coach of your team?

Also...I love when Hak gets praised for finally doing things that fans have wanted for months and it works out. The PK has been trash all year and last night in game 84 they finally make adjustments and hes a genius for it?

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH

Also...I love when Hak gets praised for finally doing things that fans have wanted for months and it works out. The PK has been trash all year and last night in game 84 they finally make adjustments and hes a genius for it?

You really didnt glean anything from what I wrote and the quote I was responding too did I.

So in honor of you missing the point.

Would you take Torts as your coach?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
You really didnt glean anything from what I wrote and the quote I was responding too did I.

So in honor of you missing the point.

Would you take Torts as your coach?

Most of my post wasnt responding to you specifically, just the intitial question.

Ive despised Torts since his Tampa days...but Id 100% take him over Hakstol.

Emotional coaches like Torts can turn things around mid game. They can work the refs and they also get their teams ready from the start usually. Hakstol does none of those things.

Reactions: Morinisbear

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Most of my post wasnt responding to you specifically, just the intitial question.

Ive despised Torts since his Tampa days...but Id 100% take him over Hakstol.

Emotional coaches like Torts can turn things around mid game. They can work the refs and they also get their teams ready from the start usually. Hakstol does none of those things.
Except Torts isnt that guy anymore. He was just a stone faced and "blank looking" as ya boi Hakstol was. The only difference is he actually seems to make smart lineup changes, granted, it still took 24 straight games with no point to bench Dubinsky so...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I 100 percent agree that we as Philly fans are WAY too hard on Hakstol.

Where I have to disagree is the reasoning for Simmonds trade proposals. I, like many, want to trade him just because we know we'd get a lot back for him, he's about to hit that sweet spot of being too old for a long-term deal without it back-firing, and it opens up a spot for another prospect ready next year.

Otherwise: yes, we're way too tough on Hakstol.

I personally lost it when people suggested Hextall going because Hakstol is on the team -- I will NOT tolerate that kind of talk about the best GM we've had in ages. All he does is make good decisions for the long-term, which are all about to pay off finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad