MAMA MIA!!!
Jan 12, 2009
Somewhere
BAD8112D-2416-426E-AA7C-7CE7EB973F3C.jpeg

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
The oddest part to me is "my first gut instinct."

Look. I know you can't knee-jerk reaction to the last game. It was just bad from all levels. it happens.

But your first instinct after that is to do NOTHING? That's f***ed up.

You don't need to act on it but your first reaction should be "****, ok that didn't work. Why? What needs to change?"

That's insanity

Reactions: TheKingPin

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Not going to comment on his coaching as I don't see many flyers games. But what exactly can he do if the goal tending is bad. I guess he can play trap and neutral zone coverage but I don't think the Flyers do that well. But to run and gun is not the way to go.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I mean realistically what changes can actually be made? Did they scratch a top 6 forward or a top 4 dman?

If these are the lines they went with to close the season then I would expect that you would keep them.

Like if the Leafs get blown out tonight and decide to make no changes for the next game I am more than comfortable with that. We know what we are icing from a majority of the season. Nothing we sub in now will make a massive impact.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I mean realistically what changes can actually be made? Did they scratch a top 6 forward or a top 4 dman?

If these are the lines they went with to close the season then I would expect that you would keep them.

Like if the Leafs get blown out tonight and decide to make no changes for the next game I am more than comfortable with that. We know what we are icing from a majority of the season. Nothing we sub in now will make a massive impact.

Truthfully there is no way to win this series with the cards/talent he's been dealt.

But are you just going to make ZERO changes when you've had your doors blown off? I mean none?

That's a major slap in the face to the players, to just do nothing and shrug your shoulders at the tire fire in front of you. It's bordering on dereliction of duty

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm not saying the Pens aren't good, or the Flyers are bad...

But..

there is no way the Pens were as good as they looked and the Flyers as bad as they looked. That was a total dumpster fire. I pray the rest of the series isn't like Game 1 for everyone's sake.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Am I the only guy that doesn't have much of a problem with this? He's giving his guys a vote of confidence.

They lost 7-0. The only thing you do after a game like that is throw the tape into the garbage and pretend it never happened.

Reactions: Stand Witness

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Truthfully there is no way to win this series with the cards/talent he's been dealt.

But are you just going to make ZERO changes when you've had your doors blown off? I mean none?

That's a major slap in the face to the players, to just do nothing and shrug your shoulders at the tire fire in front of you. It's bordering on dereliction of duty

At the same time though, couldn't it just be viewed as your coach is confident in his team and he believes they can win? 7-0 probably won't happen again. I just can't see what move he would make that would actually impact the team at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad