Confirmed with Link: Dave Farrish hired as Assistant Coach; Brett Heimlich as Video Coach

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Anyone find any positive comments/tweets/articles on Farrish I can read? The negative ones are much easier to find, as are the jokes about the Avs corsi going forward.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Anyone find any positive comments/tweets/articles on Farrish I can read? The negative ones are much easier to find, as are the jokes about the Avs corsi going forward.

Well, he was at the helm of the defense for the Ducks 2007 Stanley Cup win...and that was one of the better defenses the NHL has seen post-lockout

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

search NHL.com articles on playoffs last spring, farrish did some analysis for them. iirc, seemed fairly smart guy, was actually little surprised as i thought he was a dinosaur like carlyle..

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I would imagine the Avs got an opinion from Beauchemin on Farrish, or perhaps vice-versa before signing Beauch. Either way, I'm sure the team did their research.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
It does make me laugh a bit to see people on Twitter already deriding this hiring, making comparisons to how he'll coach here to how he coached in Toronto. I think it's very likely that Roy runs his bench differently than Carlyle.

And I personally like seeing that he wants tough, physical defenseman, so long as the transition game isn't completely ignored as well.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't know what I was hoping for. Unless it was a former player or NHL coach, I wasn't going to have any idea who they were. Still, taking a guy from the Toronto clown show...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma

Yeah, the negative ones are certainly really easy to find.

I trust Roy with his selection though, no doubt about that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Both Allaire and Farrish won a Cup with the Ducks and caught flak in Toronto. It's obviously Toronto's garbage team's fault.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't know what I was hoping for. Unless it was a former player or NHL coach, I wasn't going to have any idea who they were. Still, taking a guy from the Toronto clown show...

One of those guys has been on staff for a couple years now and has done an incredible job.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I know nothing about him and can't judge him based on what happened with Carlyle and the Leafs. We'll see how he does with the Avs once the games start.

All I really care about is him not ****ing with Barrie and trying to limit him. Hopefully Roy makes sure Barrie gets even more ice time to do his thing.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I get the feeling our assistants doesnt have much influene anyway. Roy runs the show. Same reason I don't buy that Tim Army is the source of everything that is bad without power play and forwards.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It is rather interesting that the only coaches to bring the Leafs to the playoffs since the 04-05 lockout are so universally hated by their fanbase.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I know nothing about him and can't judge him based on what happened with Carlyle and the Leafs. We'll see how he does with the Avs once the games start.

All I really care about is him not ****ing with Barrie and trying to limit him. Hopefully Roy makes sure Barrie gets even more ice time to do his thing.

We got laughed at about the Allaire hiring...

LOL every single leafs fan were all to happy to blame all of their problems on Carlyle....wait, actually they blamed all of their problems on Ron Wilson, then he was fired and Carlyle was supposed to save them....it didn't take too long before they all turned on him and pointed all of the blame his way as well. He was the reason they were so bad. They fired him and were even worse.

It was a poorly built team and all they did was blame coaching. Babcock will have make that team better than they really are too, doesn't mean it's the best thing for that franchise.

I don't know how Farrish will do but we'll see. I like the fact that he seems pretty much destined to be an assistant instead of a guy just waiting for an opportunity to be the head coach somewhere. He's won a cup as an assistant coach and has what... 24 years of coaching experience? The Avs could have done a lot worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad