Injury Report: Datsyuk Out 4-5 Weeks

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
At least it happened early.. Has 2 weeks to heal and we only play 2 games the first week, but still. Disappointing

:facepalm::facepalm:

:shakehead:shakehead :help::help:

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Nyquist- Zetterberg- Franzen
Tatar- Sheahan- Jurco
Abdelkader- Weiss- Pulkkinen
Miller- Glendening- Cleary/Andersson

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
This really gives Weiss a shot to show he can still play.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
well on the bright side I don't think Jurco will go down at the start of the year now with this

gives him a couple games of an actual chance to stick

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
2 to 4 or 4 to 5? Anyway, I expect the worst that he misses about 10 games.

I don't like the fact that he was essentially injured on a hard, but clean, shoulder to shoulder hit. He's getting pretty fragile.

We're not looking too deep offensively without Datsyuk, Mantha and Alfie sadly.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Tatar- Sheahan- Jurco

I'm down with that. But.. We all know what will happen instead. Not even gonna bother saying it. But I'll be proven right.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tatar- Sheahan- Jurco

I'm down with that. But.. We all know what will happen instead. Not even gonna bother saying it. But I'll be proven right.

Last I heard Helm is fine.

Tatar-Weiss-Helm
Abdelkader-Sheahan-Jurco
Whatever

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
It sucks that we have this 7+ year gap between the Weiss/Franzen/Hank/Datsyuk group and the Nyquist/Tatar/Sheahan/Jurco group where there are zero scoring forwards. The older group is very injury prone and the younger group is inexperienced.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
2 to 4 or 4 to 5? Anyway, I expect the worst that he misses about 10 games.

I don't like the fact that he was essentially injured on a hard, but clean, shoulder to shoulder hit. He's getting pretty fragile.

We're not looking too deep offensively without Datsyuk, Mantha and Alfie sadly.

And that's part of why I rate the current roster as low as I do. You have an increasing track record of injury issues. One bad year can happen to any franchise, but Detroit's problem with durability seems more than a fluke.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Here's a crazy idea: since we have a plethora of defense prospects and a lack of scoring wingers, why not promote Sproul to forward? I mean since he's years away from the big game on the count of his lack of defense, so why not play him in a power forward role?

Don't burn me at the stake, just an opinion.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Well he IS 36, an age where some players retire even, that's how it goes when you're the oldest team year after year. After 30 it's easier to get injured and takes longer time to heal, that's just how the human body works.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Here's a crazy idea: since we have a plethora of defense prospects and a lack of scoring wingers, why not promote Sproul to forward? I mean since he's years away from the big game on the count of his lack of defense, so why not play him in a power forward role?

Don't burn me at the stake, just an opinion.

Interesting idea but we already have a lot if F's and the need for a offensive rd is hbig enough that were best off continuing sprouts development as a D.

I dont see what sproul could bring as a F that Pulu doesnt. Besides a larger disparity in size and ability to use it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Awful news. Really sad to see Pavel getting hurt so often now a days. Also opens up a spot for Danny boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad