Injury Report: Datsyuk Out 4-5 Weeks

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
2 to 4 or 4 to 5? Anyway, I expect the worst that he misses about 10 games.

I don't like the fact that he was essentially injured on a hard, but clean, shoulder to shoulder hit. He's getting pretty fragile.

We're not looking too deep offensively without Datsyuk, Mantha and Alfie sadly.

It wasn't a typical hit. His shoulder went right into the divider. Most guys prob would have hurt their shoulder in that situation.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Is it too early to charter the Noah Hanifin Express?

Personally, I think we can't lose. Datsyuk plays, we win, we get to watch good hockey. Datsyuk is injured, we lose, we get the piece we need at the draft.

He's not gone for the year. He'll play enough just to make us a bubble team and out of the draft lottery.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Don't think this deserves its own thread, but I guess the one upside is that this will allow us to keep one of Callahan or Ferraro and keep Jurco in Detroit.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Can we really not even make it through a ******* preseason game without an injury? Hopefully this doesn't set the trend for the season.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Don't think this deserves its own thread, but I guess the one upside is that this will allow us to keep one of Callahan or Ferraro and keep Jurco in Detroit.

I'd love to find a way to fit Pulks in there. He's looked good. People said great things about him at camp. He's got that shot we want. Promote Tats to full time top6, put Pulks on a line with Jurco and Sheahan.

Mule-Z-Nyquist
Tats-Weiss-Helm
Jurco-Sheahan-Pulks
Miller/Luke/Abby/Cleary/Andersson/Ferraro/Callahan

The 4th line is mostly interchangeable parts as far as I'm concerned, for now. None of them really looked THAT good so far. Abby seems better than last year, I suppose. Luke's already matched his regular season goal total from last year. Ferraro and Callahan seemed like plugs. Competent enough, but plugs nonetheless.

I hope when Dats comes back, he'll be able to slide right back in with Tats. They looked real good together vs the Pens and people were saying they were great at camp. Please Datsyuk. Please stop being/getting injured.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Well hopefully it's not a sign of things to come this season. If he can take his time returning and be 100% it's not the end of the world. Unfortunately we know that Datsyuk often has trouble rebounding quickly from injuries.

Sucks but on the bright side it will give Weiss a real chance at grabbing the #2C spot and Jurco will definitely be up at the start of the season.

dtones520

Jun 10, 2008
Midland, MI
2 to 4 or 4 to 5? Anyway, I expect the worst that he misses about 10 games.

I don't like the fact that he was essentially injured on a hard, but clean, shoulder to shoulder hit. He's getting pretty fragile.

We're not looking too deep offensively without Datsyuk, Mantha and Alfie sadly.

I think to a bit more to do with the location on the rink that he was hit. He was hit right into that curved piece of glass at the bench, which used to to be the stanchion. While more forgiving than the stanchion, I still don't think its the greatest place to take a hit, especially one where the majority of the impact was on his shoulder.

xmichaelx88

Nov 21, 2013
Detroit, MI
Well hopefully it's not a sign of things to come this season. If he can take his time returning and be 100% it's not the end of the world. Unfortunately we know that Datsyuk often has trouble rebounding quickly from injuries.

Sucks but on the bright side it will give Weiss a real chance at grabbing the #2C spot and Jurco will definitely be up at the start of the season.

He was going to start the season anyway (Mantha injury)

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Is it too early to charter the Noah Hanifin Express?

Personally, I think we can't lose. Datsyuk plays, we win, we get to watch good hockey. Datsyuk is injured, we lose, we get the piece we need at the draft.

my first thought. silver lining.

He's not gone for the year. He'll play enough just to make us a bubble team and out of the draft lottery.

then the reality hits.

though there is some (normally) top 5 talent available at 10 or so, maybe later.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It's not the end of the world guys. It's a month. With Weiss bouncing back (hopefully) and the full season and improvement of players like Gus, Tats, Jurco and Riley. The Wings should be fine. Especially if Helm stays healthy. Well, never mind on that. Never the less, it will be OK. We're not in the West. Jimmy should be better. D can't get any worse than it was last year. New PP strategy too!

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We will have 12 players on the roster after Datsyuk goes on IR. I don't see how he doesn't make it.

Ferraro and Callahan have not been waived yet, correct? (genuinely asking)

So 12 plus 1-2 of those two would put you at either 13-14.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It's not the end of the world guys. It's a month. With Weiss bouncing back (hopefully) and the full season and improvement of players like Gus, Tats, Jurco and Riley. The Wings should be fine. Especially if Helm stays healthy. Well, never mind on that. Never the less, it will be OK. We're not in the West. Jimmy should be better. D can't get any worse than it was last year. New PP strategy too!

Yup. Not to mention a 5 week absence means he would miss a total of 8 regular season games.

Calm down people

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

I'm like 75% of the way there with you.

The remaining 25% of me thinks "oh holy **** is this going to happen again?" It feels like it's been way too long since our team has been actually substantially healthy. Can't blame people for being a bit pessimistic after the way we were basically the cast of the walking dead the past couple of seasons.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
Hey, datsyuk got hurt taking a hit. G and Drouin are out because of falling at practice do the same amount of time. Still sucks though

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Ferraro and Callahan have not been waived yet, correct? (genuinely asking)

So 12 plus 1-2 of those two would put you at either 13-14.

They have not been waived yet. However we will still have to waive one of them at the start of the season. Datsyuk will count as one of the 14 before he goes on IR and Whichever one of Ferraro and Callahan the Wings want to protect from waivers will be the 14th guy. After Datsyuk goes on IR the Wings will recall Jurco.

At least this is how I believe it will work, can't think of any better scenario.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
They have not been waived yet. However we will still have to waive one of them at the start of the season. Datsyuk will count as one of the 14 before he goes on IR and Whichever one of Ferraro and Callahan the Wings want to protect from waivers will be the 14th guy. After Datsyuk goes on IR the Wings will recall Jurco.

At least this is how I believe it will work, can't think of any better scenario.

That would make sense, it helps (for me at least) to try and figure out the numbers.

Was just thinking if they can send him down due to waiver-eligibility, then it's always going to be a possibility.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Was just thinking if they can send him down due to waiver-eligibility, then it's always going to be a possibility.

Baring a last minute Alfie signing, the Wings will need to call up one forward from GR to fill Datsyuk's spot. Fortunately we r not in last years Nyquist situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad