Speculation: Datsyuk considering NHL return

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I assume by that you mean of course we'd do it...because it's not a very good idea? :sarcasm:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'd take him in a heartbeat, would be a much better mentor type figure on the ice than Marleau, but I'm not sure if he's cozy with Babcock. Seemed like when Babs left Detroit, guys like Zetterberg, Kronwall and Datsyuk were happy with his departure...

Reactions: SAMCRO44

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I'm not suggesting we sign him for next year. I'm just thinking stretch and playoffs. We won't have enough cap next year for what he probably wants. Especially if we can't get rid of Marleau.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Me thinks Pavel is far more disciplined than Willy :)

what does discipline have to do with a 40 yr old trying to get back upto NHL speed? Datsyuk hasnt played NHL caliber talent in 2 yrs and is old lol. Hate to break it to you but it would be a colossal failure.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
what does discipline have to do with a 40 yr old trying to get back upto NHL speed? Datsyuk hasnt played NHL caliber talent in 2 yrs and is old lol. Hate to break it to you but it would be a colossal failure.
the comparison was how long it took Willy to get back in form. I think that's a bad comparable as he obviously didn't come back ready

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
the comparison was how long it took Willy to get back in form. I think that's a bad comparable as he obviously didn't come back ready

He didn't come back ready because he missed almost half the season. Datsyuk is going to adjust even worse. I love Datsyuk but the last thing we need is 40 year old Datsyuk, he should be no where near this team. I know the hate on for Nylander is strong here but jesus christ some of you guys are ridiculous.

Reactions: Walshy7

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He didn't come back ready because he missed almost half the season. Datsyuk is going to adjust even worse. I love Datsyuk but the last thing we need is 40 year old Datsyuk, he should be no where near this team. I know the hate on for Nylander is strong here but jesus christ some of you guys are ridiculous.

How do we know Datsyuk is going to adjust "worse?" Nylander sat out and didn't play NHL hockey from May to December. Datsyuk is still playing hockey, and will have a full training camp. I'm not saying go get Datsyuk any means necessary, but to discount him because of his age is a little short sighted. I think having him around would be very useful for our Big Four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad