Speculation: Datsyuk considering NHL return

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I’d rather sign Datsyuk than trade a 2nd for a fourth line C again.

Though Dats would have to agree to play 4th line minutes with possible powerplay time. And his contract would have to be pretty cheap and short term.
Babcock loves him ,in fact data could retire and join the leafs in a hockey related job

Reactions: AreBe

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
He has 34 pts in 45 games in the KHL. If he signs a $1 million deal for the rest of the season I'd be 100% for it. Limited minutes, some PP and PK time. He can definitely help.

Reactions: ashs

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Why is this even a thread on this board. I may as well post a thread saying I want to be a Maple Leafs player.

Reactions: Al14

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Probably my favorite player in the last 10-15 years so I'm biased here but yes, I'd absolutely take him here on a one year deal. He can still play and in the worst case scenario, hes a 4th line center PK and defensive type.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Wouldn’t he have to pass through waivers to get to nhl roster? Or is that old cba stuff

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Why is this even a thread on this board. I may as well post a thread saying I want to be a Maple Leafs player.
Me too! I should have been a walk on. Could have been the perfect winger for my hero Dave Keon.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I’d rather sign Datsyuk than trade a 2nd for a fourth line C again.

Though Dats would have to agree to play 4th line minutes with possible powerplay time. And his contract would have to be pretty cheap and short term.
No! No! No! We Leafs fans proudly retreat in the face of skill
And we hate Dubas and his big analytics, science based reasoning decision as if some large international brokerage firm
What happened to good ol' penalty box sitting, post concussion syndrome causing Canadian hockey! We Leafs fans chant Kill, kill, kill!
Datsyuk with the Leafs as a free agent? How about instead trading the farm team and be screwed long term!

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
DATSOOK SHALL SUCCUMB TO ULTIMATE YE FROTH ON THY MANNERISMS, FOR THE LIGHTNING SHALL STRIKE TWICE

OH, HAIL DATSOOK

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
THE POWER AND ULTIMATE BRIMSTONE SHALL NEVER BE DEFEATED UPON THEE, OH YES, YE HAIL DATSOOK

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
If you can get Datsyuk in your bottom 6 at a reasonable contract, you do it 10/10 times.

He's still better than Goat and Lindholm combined if he can stay healthy. Make him leader of the PK and replace Marleau with him on 2nd PP.

Key word reasonable contract (unless the deal expires 2019 summer...it's not my money why would I care if they pay him 3-6 mil for 1/3 a season).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad