TSN: Darren Dreger

Dreger is a credible insider

• Total voters

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
He's a ****ing joke, thats what he is. And he gets paid for it, big time.
+ the bonus of Marners contract, which I'm 100% sure he will get from Ferris.
I'm shocked dreger would say a team would offer marner even 11 mill at 5 years
dregs really lost credibility with saying wildly inflated contract offers without Bob Mackenzie or lebrun even hinting that
desperate move kinda like eklandish

Reactions: Azazel

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I'm shocked dreger would say a team would offer marner even 11 mill at 5 years
dregs really lost credibility with saying wildly inflated contract offers without Bob Mackenzie or lebrun even hinting that
desperate move kinda like eklandish

I believe he said that a team would offer an 'RFA' 14 mill at 5 years.

We know who that RFA is and we know who his sources are.

That clown needs to get off tv.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
I used to believe who-heartedly in the guy but he’s been on a serious decline. He’s a sensationalist, always pumping the click-bait issues and stories

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
His hope is that the next egotistic dad+agent combo see how much he shifted the conversation and try to use him in the same way.

Sad little weasel existence, but I guess it's easier than doing real work.

Reactions: bren00ch and Azazel

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
He's the sports equivalent of fake-news, agenda-driven journalism. He is being paid, and not just by TSN, to push a narrative rather than report the facts. It's a cancer of corruption which has been seen in all media types - gaming with gamergate, fake news, legacy media vs new media, movie critic vs public ratings, social media deplatforming like the recent Google/Project Vertitas whistleblowing, governments going against the will of the people, etc.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Reactions: Anthrax442

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The one bright spot from this Marner contract saga is that it has destroyed what little credibility he had left.

Every time he tweets theres a flood of replies saying things like "Hey Paul" lol. And you also have mainstream hockey media types discussing his blatant shilling.

Imo the mainstream guys who arent calling him out on his obvious BS are losing a lot of their own credibility as a result

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
If Marner signs, 90% of the media will begin to pump the "Marner is overpaid" narrative. Where are those reporters right now? If they are soooo knowledgeable about what is a fair price to pay, why aren't they calling out Dreger and his ridiculous comments? No, they will wait until its signed, then act like they knew this was an overrpay right from the beginning.

The toronto media makes me want to puke. They exist only to serve themselves and offer nothing but contempt for their own customers.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Dreger 2 minutes before air time.

Asks Magic eight ball "will marner get an offer sheet over 13mil"

Magic eight ball " ask again later"

1 minute before air time

"Will marner get an offer sheet over 13mil"

Magic eight ball "Yes - definitely "

Runs on set with breaking news

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Imo I think his career is really going to take a blow from this.

It would be one thing if he was Cox or Simmons -guys who built careers out of being trolls, but his entire shtick is based on being the "credible insider". And that's gone for good now

McKenzie essentially contradicting his close colleague is rather bizarre to me.

I suspect most insiders will stay clear of reporting on Marner directly based on the recent "backlash". Fans aren't completely dumb.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
The one bright spot from this Marner contract saga is that it has destroyed what little credibility he had left.

Every time he tweets theres a flood of replies saying things like "Hey Paul" lol. And you also have mainstream hockey media types discussing his blatant shilling.

Imo the mainstream guys who arent calling him out on his obvious BS are losing a lot of their own credibility as a result

LOL saw them too, those comments are hilarious.

To be fair to the Overdrive guys they’ve said multiple times this “RFA tour” is BS and if anyone is crazy enough to offer 13-14 million then see ya later.

I did notice Overdrive and the rest of TSN didn’t go anywhere near that Dreger Cafe remark from Dubas though.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Is it just me or could Dreger be putting himself in the line of fire with MLSE (Rogers’s and bell). I mean they can’t be happy if he is Ferris and Paul’s mouthpiece.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
When he says things it's always in a way that you can never call him on his BS. I remember last year when the Nylander stalemate was happening he said something liek "Some people not tied to the NHL believe that WN is looking for 8 mil". That can literally be anyone. It can be a postman/woman or a random in a bar.
more than likely it was Steve Simmons:naughty:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Is it just me or could Dreger be putting himself in the line of fire with MLSE (Rogers’s and bell). I mean they can’t be happy if he is Ferris and Paul’s mouthpiece.

I doubt Rogers’s and bell care about Dreger, they probably laugh in the boardrooms at how he stirs the pot in the hockey world ;)

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Brian Hayes needs to get Dreger on Overdrive to play the "Who'd you rather have?" game that he's done with O'dog, Noodles, and Siegel. It's unsurprising that when it comes down to it, not only does everyone takes the dominant centre over the dominant winger, but the goal scoring wingers like Pastrnak did well as well.

Dreger was on yesterday, O'Neil views him as lower than dog poop, his contempt for figjam was palatable

I used to believe who-heartedly in the guy but he’s been on a serious decline. He’s a sensationalist, always pumping the click-bait issues and stories

he was the same guy back then that he is now, there were lot's of people validating him because he had a following and he was TV, now a lot of those same people are in their early to late twenties and know better

Just a useful idiot

both apropos and funny all at once:laugh:

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad