Speculation: Darren Dreger says he was accused of tampering by the canucks

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I cant figure out how to search. When I do a bunch of press releases and articles show up - no emails.

Someone needs to search Burke emails. That would be gold.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Well after today the "you aren't a NHL employee/GM" argument can safely be thrown out the window. I'm shocked by how unprofessional and stupid these guys are and I never thought much of them to begin with. Do we get our cup from 2011 now that everyone knows Colin Campbell is the most crooked guy in the league?

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
These emails are just confirming what was pretty obvious about hockey operations. This is what happens when you hire a bunch of dumb former players to run the show.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Colin Campbell's emails have been leaked before. Everyone knew he was biased. Talking so casually like this with certain media figures and making personal remarks about guys like Wisebrough is incredibly unprofessional though. The NHL is so bush league.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Colin Campbell's emails have been leaked before. Everyone knew he was biased. Talking so casually like this with certain media figures and making personal remarks about guys like Wisebrough is incredibly unprofessional though. The NHL is so bush league.

We see this same sort of reckless behaviour across the business world. Look at the Sony hacks, those executives were also far too candid over email. What's hilarious here is that clearly SOME people in the NHL offices (Shanahan) seemed to understand that their emails could become public someday. But Colin Campbell either didn't know or didn't care.

Nobody on this forum should ever make an argument from authority every again. It should be a ban-able offense. The people that work for the NHL and for NHL teams are, by and large, idiots. There's no meritocracy at work here. Ex-players get these jobs by leveraging personal connections or fame, actual qualifications are secondary.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Blaming anyone but Gillis for that fiasco is ridiculous. Could have been one of the largest blunders in team history.

Well... the league also blamed "anyone but Gillis" and fined the Leafs for Ron Wilson's tampering.

But don't let the facts get in the way of another run at the best GM in Canucks history ;)

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
These emails are just confirming what was pretty obvious about hockey operations. This is what happens when you hire a bunch of dumb former players to run the show.

Yup. They're a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Well... the league also blamed "anyone but Gillis" and fined the Leafs for Ron Wilson's tampering.

But don't let the facts get in the way of another run at the best franchise in Canucks history ;)

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story!

trollytrackz

Oct 21, 2013
(Flames fan in peace). Yep if I was a gm for a team not named Toronto, I'd accuse dreger of tampering. The guy is a mouthpiece for the team, but he gets away with it because he's a media guy.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
(Flames fan in peace). Yep if I was a gm for a team not named Toronto, I'd accuse dreger of tampering. The guy is a mouthpiece for the team, but he gets away with it because he's a media guy.

yeah, he is nonis cousin. there was rumours that luongo was gonna get traded to toronto a few years ago, but there was suspicion that dreger was leaking and intentionally saying things to lower his value

never liked dreger. the emails just confirm everything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad