Player Discussion Darnell Nurse - To bridge or not to bridge, that is the question.

What do you do with Nurse's contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think a bridge seems likely, followed by some attempt to dump salary this year.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Just get a bridge deal done. We're not in a great position to be giving out a long term contract, and if Nurse's demands are ridiculous, there's no point discussing it further.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
I'm not worried about Nurse at all. They'll get a deal done, whether it's today or the first week of the season. NHL careers are short. His career could end on his next shift, so I don't blame him for trying to get as much money as he can, especially with Chiarelli hugely overpaying half the roster.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nurse probably sees Klefbom and Larsson locked up, Chia prioritizing a long term deal for Russell and wonders "why am I not a priority when I'm just as important?" so I bet the wide disagreement is on the long term deal with a bridge already being agreed upon if they can't come to an agreement on a long term deal.

I still can't believe that there's 3 years left on the Russell deal with a NTC even a modified one. Baffling contract.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Nurse doesn't take the trip to Europe with the team, Chia panicked and gives him a big deal and then he goes on shitting the bed all season.

Book it.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Which part? Lol

All of it. :D

Chia doesn't have the money to overspend and Nurse would be very stupid to hold out from camp when he knows he has to sign a short term bridge deal. Players that miss camp and the early part of the season rarely if ever recover that season.
It hurts his ability to negotiate the next deal IMO.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Chiarelli makes me very angry forreal.
He needs to be gone regardless if our season is successful or not. He is not a good GM.
also the news of Lucic WANTING a trade and us not giving it to him? ridiculous

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Of all the players to try your first actual negotiation on, you choose Nurse? Damn it, Tobias. Where is this posturing when we're signing back up goalies or 30+ year old vets with full NMC's?

Just half sarcasm. I imagine a deal will be done in time for camp, hope Nurse thrives this year.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Of all the players to try your first actual negotiation on, you choose Nurse? Damn it, Tobias. Where is this posturing when we're signing back up goalies or 30+ year old vets with full NMC's.

Nurse is the first guy where Chiarelli has had the upper hand in negotiations.

People are upset when he uses that upper hand?

Reactions: nabob

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Chiarelli makes me very angry forreal.
He needs to be gone regardless if our season is successful or not. He is not a good GM.
also the news of Lucic WANTING a trade and us not giving it to him? ridiculous

whos going to take that contract? You make it sound like it would be easy to trade Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad