Speculation: Dark Horse Trades

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
What was some of the reasoning behind it?

Wonder how likely it is since it was one of MBs big defining moves?
His frequency of large selfish mistakes and subpar work ethic seem to be the main complaints from Habs fans. An abundance of fancy moves that lead to turnovers when a more simple better play exists. Even Claude mentioned a mistake he made to explain why the Habs lost recently.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just a hunch. Read the Drouin thread on the Habs board, it’s pretty telling despite his decent numbers this year.

Just a bunch of Habs fans overreacting. They blame losses on him. Yes he should try and be more consistent, but he’s not the issue.

Reactions: BabyPanda

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Interesting. If we want to get super dark horse a trade around him and Zadorov in Colorado would be interesting
Im curious. Why is Zadorov available? I guess I kind if feel about him the way you do about Skjei. Never figured the Avs would move him so never thought about it. The only thing that might hold me up is that Skjei is signed long term and Z isn't. How much do you figure his next contract to be worth?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Who on earth is going to take him? Is Ott offering up their 2020 1st?
That's why he is a dark horse. A local writer here in DFW suggested Stars have cap space, especially if there is some retention. As a team with more cap room than trade assets, Ryan or even Kovy might make some sense as a cheap scorer to pick up.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
It’s really quiet tonite. I don’t think GMs are working the phones on Presidents’ Day in the United States.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
Brown and/or Toffoli

Possibly Forbort or Martinez as well.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I will be pleasantly surprised if one of Kreider, Zibenejad, or Skjei is not somehow moved. I have a horrible feeling I will be disappointed.

I don't see Kreider or Zib getting moved for anything less than insane overpayment. Don't think Skjei would require the same overpayment but doubt he gets moved - our defense is bad enough as it is.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Im curious. Why is Zadorov available? I guess I kind if feel about him the way you do about Skjei. Never figured the Avs would move him so never thought about it. The only thing that might hold me up is that Skjei is signed long term and Z isn't. How much do you figure his next contract to be worth?

The only real reason is if Zads himself asked for a trade, as it makes very little sense from the Avs side as to why they would ever move him. Players like Z are always super cheap AAV.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
from the Avs:
Soderberg (Only if Boston comes calling)
Barrie
Wilson @ 50%
Nemeth @ 50%
Varlamov (I feel like he is being showcased as much as it is the Avs trying to stay in the hunt)

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Sekera or Russel from EDM

Dallas with a shakeup move, adding a top 4 d and trading a young guy or somewhat core player outside of their main 6-7 players.

Even more controversial prediction, these two predictions will be related.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
  • Hinostroza (highest quality of an abundance of undersized middle-six forwards)
  • Stephenson (throw-in piece in a trade)
  • Killorn
  • Barbashev
  • Ben Harpur
  • Nieves (size and speed will be appealing for a playoff run)
  • Noesen
  • Trevor Lewis
  • Brock McGinn
  • Danton Heinen

Nieves likely not dealt.
He makes Strome, Namest. and Lias Andersson available.

And when vet depth is diminished, until Kravtsov gets here, Nieves will be the best option to pair with Kreider [if Zib stays, he slides to 1RW].

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad