Speculation: Dark Horse Trades

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Who are some players who you think could be moved in the next week that are currently way under the radar or that people aren't expecting? Whether player or team.

Also which players do you feel are overrated and underrated in terms of cost and impact. For me Det has a few players who could really bring a lot to a contending team and aren't often mentioned.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I will be pleasantly surprised if one of Kreider, Zibenejad, or Skjei is not somehow moved. I have a horrible feeling I will be disappointed.

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Dark dark horse would be Ryan Getzlaf, still a top line center with a lot to give to a team in the playoffs but his contract would be the tough part to deal.

That's a really good one. I could see that making huge waves.

Reactions: NyIander

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Wow, I'd be pretty shocked. Haven't him and Domi had great chemistry this year?
Just a hunch. Read the Drouin thread on the Habs board, it’s pretty telling despite his decent numbers this year.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Just a hunch. Read the Drouin thread on the Habs board, it’s pretty telling despite his decent numbers this year.

What was some of the reasoning behind it?

Wonder how likely it is since it was one of MBs big defining moves?

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
LOTS of players on the Minnesota Wild could be considered 'darkhorse' trade bait.

Why? Because the Minnesota front office has repeatedly stated they just want to "tweak" the rosters and continue to go for the playoffs year in, year out.

However, after what the Wild have been doing over the last few weeks, the new edict coming down from ownership that the GM has free reign to do what they feel will make the team better in the long run, AND the key injuries to the team, I think it has become pretty apparent to most people that this current Wild team, as constructed, is just not championship viable any longer.

I think a full rebuild is in order in Minnesota (won't be easy due to some contracts) and despite the team having some still in their prime players struggling, with others performing only about average, I think some of those same players could be traded off, the Wild can get draft picks or some minor leaguers with promise, and go from there.

Jason Zucker, Mikael Granlund, and Jared Spurgeon head up the group of Wild players I think can really flourish with a change of scenery and coaching philosophy.
Certainly there are others, but I think those three aren't talked about as much as trade bait...but COULD possibly be dealt in favor of going into the next phase with the team.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Lehkonen. Probably in a 1 for 1.

Does everything right on the defensive side of the puck, but he's cursed, or something offensively. Has a nice shot, but his goal totals keep declining from his rookie season. 17, 12 last year I believe and I think he's on pace for 8 this year, but looks like he'll set a career high in points.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's part of a terrible trade ike for Petrovic or something.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
Immediately thought of Darren Helm. Have seen him in some trade ideas here on HF, but of our less moveable/overpay contracts, he's still a valuable player to fit a specific role and could be worth it to a contender with cap space. Guessing the OP might have been thinking of him too?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad