Dark Horse teams/Cinderella

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Call me biased, but I think the Canucks are. On paper they are among the best in the league but they can never compete against equally skilled teams like the Aves and Knights. But if they can get past them, watch out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Winnipeg.

Long thought they're way better than they get credit for. Dallas is still my pick for best overall chance to not only come out of the west but win the whole thing but the Jets are heavily undersold and are going to be a pain in the ass for anyone to deal with.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Not adding anyone new here but I really would not want my team facing Tampa or the Preds.
See you in round two hopefully. Love yo see matthews get 70 and kucherov get 100 assosy to extend his points lead over mack.

Reactions: kevsh

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Tampa is no Cinderella with the names on that team. Not a disparagement - I could easily see them winning the conference. But not as this mysteriously diamond shoed second class stepsister turned princess., Sorry.

I don't think the east has a Cinderella imo. I think it'll be one of Florida, Tampa, Boston, Carolina, or the Rangers.

The three that would surprise me is the Capitals, the Islanders, and the Leafs. Nobody will argue that the Capitals or Islanders would surprise. But why would it be shocking if the Leafs won the conference?

Because they still have the same roster flaw they've had for the last 5 years - they don't have enough substance on defense. So I guess they're the most likely comparison to Cinderella, because we all know their slippers will shatter, and their ride will turn into a pumpkin.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Canucks won't be a Cinderella team, but a lot of people are sleeping on them. Getting a healthy and rested Demko back is huge, they attack far more aggressively when in he is back there.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
The isles if their goaltenders go off

If Florida counted last year, then Tampa would count this year. I thought Florida was better than their record last year and ditto Tampa, their starting goalie missing so much time obviously hurt. I wouldn’t really count them as much of a Cinderella compared to the Isles

The Isles are legit not great but they’re capable over a small sample

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
TB if they beat the Panthers. They're a WC so I suppose they could be called a dark horse.

A month ago I was saying Nashville but they seemed to have cooled off a little. They might still make noise if they get hot again

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
In terms of teams people haven't talked about a ton I'd say Winnipeg as well, but everyone knows the West is stacked and any of those teams could come out of it. Winnipeg wouldn't be a Cinderella run either they finished 2nd in the Central.

As others have mentioned, Caps and Islanders are your only potential Cinderella teams. I could see a valid argument for every other team

Reactions: 1909

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nashville.

I wanna say Washington, but their foundation doesn't look that strong. Plus the Rangers will destroy them in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad