Dark Horse teams/Cinderella

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Others have said them, but Tampa

Since Jan 1st they have a nearly identical record to the Bruins, while being #6 in xGA/60, having the #1 PP in hockey and the #2 PK

I expect them to win in 6

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
A dark horse has to be Vancouver. Nobody expected them to have such a strong record. They have some key injuries coming back and if they can find their game like they had for the first half of the season they could easily catch a few teams off guard.
It's the PO's, no team will be "off guard". As for Dark Horse, I'll go with Winnipeg, did anyone have them making the PO's let alone having Home Ice at the start of the season? Helle could be a game changer for them.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Nashville if they are even considered a dark horse at this point. So many good teams this year.

I say Nashville goes on to win it as my dark horse. Dark horse to win the East I say the islanders

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'm gonna go big here and say the Red Wings if they make it. They have plenty of holes on that team and probably shouldn't be favored to beat anyone, but they have a couple of past cup winners in Kane, Compher and Perron. Young players going in eagerly such as Seider, Raymond, and possibly Edvinsson. They also have plenty of pricks on that team (and I mean that in a flattering way) that kind of plays into the hands of playoff hockey. Larkin also seems like a guy who will have some clutch moments in him.

Lyon/Reimer is also as random a goalie duo as you could ask for and I feel like one of them will go to the fountain of Halak and just got nuts for a round. They also seem like the type of team that the Rangers or Bruins would constantly shoot themselves in the foot against. I'd have much less faith if they faced off with the Canes or Panthers though.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I agree with the team that takes 8th in the East. I am not a huge believer in the top East teams and the Flyers play the Rangers pretty well. If they get in and Ersson is hot it could be an upset.

Reactions: troyerlaw

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
Looks like I'll be the first one to say it but the Islanders are my dark horse in the East. They've been playing some damn good hockey lately.

The only problem is they'll be facing another hot team in Canes. BUT if they make it thru 1st round they could make a deep run I feel.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
If Vancouver reverts back to the way they were playing earlier, they could go on a run
Getting Demko back tonight is huge. He could steal a series on his own.

Dallas has to be the favorite, but I wouldn't be shocked to see anyone come out off the West.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Islanders. This is the first year Barzal will be playing in the playoffs without Trotz or Lambert holding him back. He's back to his rookie form and set to dominate.

Reactions: troyerlaw

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
The Jets for sure. At the end of last season most people were talking about a complete rebuild. Scheifele and Hellebuyck were all but gone in most peoples eyes. Everyone knew they were losing Dubois and it was nothing but doom and gloom around Winnipeg. Hell, there was even talk of the team leaving.

Fast forward a year. Chevy pulled off an absolute theft moving Dubois to LA. Scheif and Helle surprised most and signed for another 8 years, Wheeler was bought out, Monahan and Toffoli were brought in, Niederaiter was extended and they became the stingiest defensive team in the league this past season. They have amazing team depth and have a great pipeline of young talent on the way.

With all that said, I don't see how they cant be considered the biggest dark horse this year with a real shot of making some noise in the playoffs.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
If Vancouver reverts back to the way they were playing earlier, they could go on a run
They're going to progress to the max instead of regress to the mean. Some scientist theorize such an event could create enough anti-PDO particles to generate a spontaneous black hole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad