Confirmed with Link: Darcy's extension 5 years - Per LeBrun

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I'm in total prove me wrong mode.

I've had it with this crap.

Awesome. Hopefully more people feel this way and stop posting the same damn stuff in every single sabres thread we have. *****ing about it constantly here doesn't get Lindy/Darcy/Terry/God fired. All it does is kill conversations here.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
I could say the same thing.

Darcy is doing his job. Ruff isn't. I think a new coach solves more problems than a new GM.

Beyond that, we all knew about this extension MONTHS ago. Why all the anger now?
Darcy is NOT doing his job. He's judged on wins an losses. Well, in other organizations he would be. Not here apparently because missing the playoffs gets you an extension.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Darcy Regier has a winning record as GM, FYI.
568-428-78-84.

.560 over 15 seasons.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Glen Sather, Kevin Lowe, Steve Tambellini are all still employed and their records aren't much better.
So you mean the guy with multiple Stanley Cup rings and a team that went to the 3rd round of the playoffs last year? I'll tell you what, if Regier had that going for him I wouldn't be calling him out.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
While it doesn't matter much if Pegula decides its time to move on or not, 5 years seems quite excessive any way you look at it, but it's not my money.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting. I still think this is a bit of a golden parachute contract for Darcy, that if they do tie the can to him, he's covered for a while into the future which seems like a Pegula type of move.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Darcy good.

Lindy bad.

Lindy is Darcy's man. It should be abundantly clear by now that Lindy is never going to be fired while Darcy is the GM (absent, say, direct orders from Pegula).

So you can't separate them. You can't say that one is good and one is bad. They are a package deal, and must be evaluated as such. If you think Lindy is the problem, than Darcy is also the problem, because Darcy is the only reason Lindy is still here.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Darcy is NOT doing his job. He's judged on wins an losses. Well, in other organizations he would be. Not here apparently because missing the playoffs gets you an extension.

He can only put so many teams together for a coach to succeed with. :dunno:

Fire Lindy and the team gets better. If they were playing to their potential, the coaches job btw, we'd be much less upset about this.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
Awesome. Hopefully more people feel this way and stop posting the same damn stuff in every single sabres thread we have. *****ing about it constantly here doesn't get Lindy/Darcy/Terry/God fired. All it does is kill conversations here.

Not sure if you're referring to me or not but i pretty much stick to gdts and the anti ruff regier threads. It may be tiresome but there isn't anything positive i can say

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Not sure if you're referring to me or not but i pretty much stick to gdts and the anti ruff regier threads. It may be tiresome but there isn't anything positive i can say

Bull. Watching Hodgson develop is fun. Watching Grigs develop is fun. Vanek/Pommer have been amazing. Hell, I find watching and talking about players going through tough spots fun as well.

There's other things to talk about other than doom/gloom/hyperbole.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Bull. Watching Hodgson develop is fun. Watching Grigs develop is fun. Vanek/Pommer have been amazing. Hell, I find watching and talking about players going through tough spots fun as well.

There's other things to talk about other than doom/gloom/hyperbole.

Losing fun also? The sole existence of the Buffalo Sabres is to win the Stanley Cup! Not lose, finish in the basement and watch Grigs and Hodgson develop! Or are you calling Pegula a liar?

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Losing fun also? The sole existence of the Buffalo Sabres is to win the Stanley Cup! Not lose, finish in the basement and watch Grigs and Hodgson develop! Or are you calling Pegula a liar?

Good lord. Of course I want them to win. He said he couldn't say anything positive and I gave him a few examples. Call off the dogs.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Probably a buyout provision. For instance, 80% of his pay over the remaining term.
Usually when management types are fired, they stay around the organization until their contract expires or until they are picked up by another team, which nullifies their existing contract.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
You know what else would be fun? If some posters put their money where their internet mouth is. Stop supporting the Sabres with your heart, your time, your emotion, your money, your "intelligence". Follow another team. Emotionally get invested in 1 of 29 other NHL franchises. You'll be happier. And 90% of the fans who read your drivel will be happier by not being subjected to non stop hammering negativity. Believe it or not, it gets tiring to read. But then again there is the ignore feature on this site :dunno:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Every GMs that get fired...are under contract no?

Yep. I don't think this stops them from firing him. It does seem to provide a bit of security for him going into the future, a bit of a security blanket if you will, and that seems like the sort of family atmosphere that Pegula fosters.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
lol @ anyone comparing our prospect pool now-a-days to what it was in say, 2008. You guys are delusional. Buffalo lacked high scoring talent in 2009. Luke Adam? Lol...most of us were hoping he'd become a top 6 center at best. Are you guys trying to compare him to grigorenko or Hodgson? Because, for sure, they're going to end up just like him, right? That's what you guys are insinuating? Embarrassing yourselves.

Foligno and McNabb are in their second pro years. I guess we need to jump off the ledge because Folingo isn't scoring at an insane goal rate like he was when he first entered the NHL? or because McNabb started the year off slowly? Even though you nit wits haven't watched him play since the lockout ended. He's right back on track.

I will stay out of this thread, because some of you guys are just spewing out ******** as if they're facts. 2012 prospect pool>>>>>>any prospect pool we've had in the past decade.

I won't even get into Myers. Just continue embarrassing yourselves.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
lol @ anyone comparing our prospect pool now-a-days to what it was in say, 2008. You guys are delusional. Buffalo lacked high scoring talent in 2009. Luke Adam? Lol...most of us were hoping he'd become a top 6 center at best. Are you guys trying to compare him to grigorenko or Hodgson? Because, for sure, they're going to end up just like him, right? That's what you guys are insinuating? Embarrassing yourselves.

Foligno and McNabb are in their second pro years. I guess we need to jump off the ledge because Folingo isn't scoring at an insane goal rate like he was when he first entered the NHL? or because McNabb started the year off slowly? Even though you nit wits haven't watched him play since the lockout ended. He's right back on track.

I will stay out of this thread, because some of you guys are just spewing out ******** as if they're facts. 2012 prospect pool<<<<any prospect pool we've had in the past decade.

I won't even get into Myers. Just continue embarrassing yourselves.

Holy hyperbole batman. :laugh:

Just because the prospect pool is better in 2013 than it was in 2009 doesn't mean Darcy is doing a good job. Who do you think was responsible for building that prospect pool?

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Holy hyperbole batman. :laugh:

Just because the prospect pool is better in 2013 than it was in 2009 doesn't mean Darcy is doing a good job. Who do you think was responsible for building that prospect pool?

The general manager?

Don't mean to be rude or confrontational, but who else? Terry? Ted? Lindy?

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
I would give more credit to the scouting staff than Darcy as far as drafting, Darcy isn't spending his days watching kids in juniors and in Europe play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad