Waived: Dany Heatley Clears Waivers, Fans Rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Strange that Paajarvi cleared. As I said before, I have a low opinion of him, but not so low that I think he's the worst forward in the national hockey league.

Seems, at the very least, some team like, for example, the Habs would want him just so they aren't ever in a situation where they need to call up an Eric Tangradi again.

Of the 29 teams, at least one should have taken a flier on him, if for no other reason than that.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
With our injury situation, I am surprised we did not at least take a flyer on Paajarvi. It is not like we do not already have the next great thing on wing currently, so could afford the chance. His cap hit would be about $600,00 for the rest of the year, so it is not like he would kill out cap situation. Then again, neither did anyone else take that chance on him which I suppose speaks volumes.
Aren't we at 50 contracts limit yet? I would like Paajarvi, but maybe we just couldn't get him.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
$1.2 million (then RFA) for a 23-year old former 1st round pick doesn't seem to be horribly overpriced to me. Especially after we picked up Pyatt last year, who had no upside.

I guess teams would prefer to give St. Louis a contract back and aren't willing to pick him up on waivers. I'm surprised.

Heatley passing through doesn't surprise me.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Aren't we at 50 contracts limit yet? I would like Paajarvi, but maybe we just couldn't get him.

Penguins are at 48 contracts since Kapanen's and Jarry's contracts will slide. So there's room to add two more contracts during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad