Danrik's Fantasy Draft - Selections Thread (Rounds 1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Shoalzie said:
With the 35th pick, the Calgary Flames select Nikolai Khabibulin (G). (2003-04 Salary: $4,434,579)

My mistake everyone, wolfen pointed out to me that he was chosen. I never noticed. I hope I wasn't holding you up, Danrik.

My new selection is Pavel Datsyuk (C). (2003-04 Salary: $1,500,000)

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
My mistake everyone, wolfen pointed out to me that he was chosen. I never noticed. I hope I wasn't holding you up, Danrik.

My new selection is Pavel Datsyuk (C). (2003-04 Salary: $1,500,000)

Not at all. I actually took a day off from the boards yesterday, so no need to feel bad.

The Florida Panthers are happy to select left winger Paul Kariya. The Panthers feel that with Kariya and Niedermayer, they have a very good core in place for a contending team. Add to the fact that he makes just $1.2 million and is one of the best left wingers in the game and the Panthers feel they might have a steal here. They are confident he can bounce back from a weak season and contribute big time offensively.

Jon Burke

BuppY said:
Toronto Maple Leafs select Alex Tanguay
Atlanta Thrashers select Jason Spezza

Nice picks. Both those guys are budding stars, IMO, and don't make a ton of cash yet, so they are very good picks.

The draft seems to have slowed down just a tad. Let's try and get it going a little bit more smoothly, shall we? Be sure to be diligent in PMing the GM after you and making your picks ASAP.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Since FleuryFan said they won't be back until 2, I go to work at 3. I'll have my picks ready to go so I can make my choices before I leave to keep things moving along.

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
Since FleuryFan said they won't be back until 2, I go to work at 3. I'll have my picks ready to go so I can make my choices before I leave to keep things moving along.

OK, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with that...

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the 45th pick, the Dallas Stars select Wade Redden (D). (2003-04 Salary: $4,500,000)

With the 46th pick, the Detroit Red Wings select Ed Jovanovski (D). (2003-04 Salary: $4,500,000)

Jon Burke

Shoalzie said:
With the 45th pick, the Dallas Stars select Wade Redden (D). (2003-04 Salary: $4,500,000)

With the 46th pick, the Detroit Red Wings select Ed Jovanovski (D). (2003-04 Salary: $4,500,000)

Nice picks. I'm surprised they lasted up until now...

Jon Burke

The Ottawa Senators are happy to select defenseman Brad Stuart. Stuart had a solid year for the Sharks this year, notching 9 goals and 30 assists for 39 points and a solid plus/minus of +9. The Senators believe that Stuart is one of the up-and-coming stars in the NHL and are impressed with both his ability to dominate physically as well as in the offensive zone.

Salaries:

Naslund - $5,225,000
Stuart - $1,750,000

The Vancouver Canucks are pleased to select right winger Daniel Alfredsson. Having Alfredsson and St. Louis up front gives the Canucks a strong offensive presence on the right side. The Canucks view Alfredsson as a good leader who is responsible in his own end and is a very dangerous offensive player.

Salaries:

St. Louis - $1,500,000
Alfredsson - $6,386,084

Brad Coccimiglio

Feb 28, 2002
Sault Ste. Marie
Visit site
Washington Capitals Roster

XXXX--XXXX--XXXX​
XXXX--XXXX--XXXX​
XXXX--XXXX--XXXX​
XXXX--XXXX--XXXX​