Dano

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Like I said, he's not NHL ready and was only in Columbus last season b/c of injuries to just about everyone. I think Chicago lost that trade and sooner or later Aninsimovs sky high shooting percentage will regress towards his mean. Paliotta is doing really well in the AHL. The only thing I didnt see coming was Saad getting that kind of contract. Really, really crazy he's making 6 mil. If Anisimov wasnt with Kane/Panarain, he'd be getting a ton of flack. He's a good 40 pts center. Nothing more.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Like I said, he's not NHL ready and was only in Columbus last season b/c of injuries to just about everyone. I think Chicago lost that trade and sooner or later Aninsimovs sky high shooting percentage will regress towards his mean. Paliotta is doing really well in the AHL. The only thing I didnt see coming was Saad getting that kind of contract. Really, really crazy he's making 6 mil. If Anisimov wasnt with Kane/Panarain, he'd be getting a ton of flack. He's a good 40 pts center. Nothing more.

He's a good 40-50pt two way center. Nothing less.

Saad is a good two way 50-55pt winger. We needed Anisimov more than we needed Saad at 6mil.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio

21 points in 35 games is pretty good for a guy that's not NHL ready.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
21 points in 35 games is pretty good for a guy that's not NHL ready.

These kind of things happen when you're playing meaningless games at the end of the regular season.

So... Chicago is currently playing in meaningful games and Dano is sent to the AHL... what conclusion do we draw then?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
These kind of things happen when you're playing meaningless games at the end of the regular season.

So... Chicago is currently playing in meaningful games and Dano is sent to the AHL... what conclusion do we draw then?

The same conclusion that reasonable posters have been saying. Dano is young, could use some seasoning and maturity. I wouldn't count him out quite yet.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
The same conclusion that reasonable posters have been saying. Dano is young, could use some seasoning and maturity. I wouldn't count him out quite yet.

Wait... I'm confused. Isn't that the very definition of not NHL ready?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

You take a 40-50 point center that jacks up the possession time of the Kane line for 4.5 million over a 6 million dollar 50-60 point winger every day.

Saad is currently playing on the 4th line in Columbus.

Anisimov is a key component of one of the best lines in the NHL.

Only a mad man thinks Columbus won that trade right now.

ploppsdman

Feb 5, 2004
Just b/c Columbus is a mess and John Tortella is an idiot doesn't mean Saad belongs on the fourth line.

I think Dano is likely a 3rd liner, but whomever compared him to Patrick Poulin might not be that far off.

As far as Anisimov, put Kruger on the second line and he might put up points. Well .. probably not .. but put anyone decent between Kane and Panarin and you'd get points. Anisimov is fine. I think in the long run Columbus wins that trade. Paliotta looks good...the only issue with Columbus is that contract they gave Saad...but that's their own stupidity.

Saad has the same number of points as Toews, fyi.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Just b/c Columbus is a mess and John Tortella is an idiot doesn't mean Saad belongs on the fourth line.

I think Dano is likely a 3rd liner, but whomever compared him to Patrick Poulin might not be that far off.

As far as Anisimov, put Kruger on the second line and he might put up points. Well .. probably not .. but put anyone decent between Kane and Panarin and you'd get points. Anisimov is fine. I think in the long run Columbus wins that trade. Paliotta looks good...the only issue with Columbus is that contract they gave Saad...but that's their own stupidity.

'Put anybody on that line between Kane and Panarin' is a fun hypothetical that has zero substantive evidence behind it. It's no better than people who are certain that the Blackhawks would have won more than 3 cups in 6 years if only Crosby was their 1C instead of Toews.

And yes, Saad has as many points as Toews does during Toews worst career start in an 8 season career. Go Saad?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
'Put anybody on that line between Kane and Panarin' is a fun hypothetical that has zero substantive evidence behind it. It's no better than people who are certain that the Blackhawks would have won more than 3 cups in 6 years if only Crosby was their 1C instead of Toews.

And yes, Saad has as many points as Toews does during Toews worst career start in an 8 season career. Go Saad?

But what about the age old HF argument of Saad has to learn a new system and adjust to a new city with new linemates?

Or is that reserved for certain players only?

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

If Paliotta can't crack the jackets present blue line roster chances are he never will....they are that bad

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Dismiss 31 game sample of outstanding play because a sample of 13 games proves he isn't very good.

Can't make this stuff up.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
But what about the age old HF argument of Saad has to learn a new system and adjust to a new city with new linemates?

Or is that reserved for certain players only?

He may be in the process of adjustment.

Even if the Saad reaches his previous peaks of 50-60 points and solid two-way play, I still take the 40-50 point 2way center at 1.5 million savings plus whatever Dano turns into, even if that IS only a 3rd liner.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think Dano will turn out to be just fine, he is better off in Rockford playing than sitting in the press box

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
While he's down in the AHL, would it make sense to try and convert Dano back to center? He played it in the past, maybe he could work as the long-term 3C.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
He may be in the process of adjustment.

Even if the Saad reaches his previous peaks of 50-60 points and solid two-way play, I still take the 40-50 point 2way center at 1.5 million savings plus whatever Dano turns into, even if that IS only a 3rd liner.

Biased much? If Saad, the 23 year old with 47 and 52 point seasons, returns to his 50-60 point peak you take the 40-50 point center who has had one season over 40 points, is 27 years old and that peak season was 5 years ago.

As we've seen before, figures don't lie but liars figure.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Biased much? If Saad, the 23 year old with 47 and 52 point seasons, returns to his 50-60 point peak you take the 40-50 point center who has had one season over 40 points, is 27 years old and that peak season was 5 years ago.

As we've seen before, figures don't lie but liars figure.

It's an interesting debate: Saad, a solid two way, iron man winger who demanded far more than he was worth vs AA and Dano, one of whom, who has filled the much needed 2nd center position and now forms perhaps the best offensive line in the NHL. I know who I take today. AA and Dano. Is it possible that opinion will change in the future. Yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad