Dano

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
At this point, I don't know who is he to replace? And when?

Play 18 minutes a night in RFD and then let's see.

I hope this handling of him doesn't derail him for good. :(

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
At this point, I don't know who is he to replace? And when?

Play 18 minutes a night in RFD and then let's see.

I hope this handling of him doesn't derail him for good. :(

Definitely better for a 20 year old player. Send him down, give him some much needed ice time and bring him back with the first injury.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He has not been that bad, I dont understand this move by Q at all. He was actually showing flashes last two games he played. Bickell is still garbage.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Yeah, if he's gonna sit, mind as well send him down and get him quality minutes.

Can we call up Paille even though he is on a AHL contract?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If they aren't playing him, he needs to go down. Q soured on him after that terrible shift in his last game. I prefer him to Bickell, but what can you do.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 17m17 minutes ago
#Blackhawks lines:
Teravainen-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Bickell-Rasmussen-Shaw
Desjardins-Kruger-Garbutt

Out again. If he can't crack the lineup, and they don't want him to develop in the AHL, why not just trade him before his value falls?

Moonshiner

Oct 19, 2009
Yeah, if he's gonna sit, mind as well send him down and get him quality minutes.

Can we call up Paille even though he is on a AHL contract?

Paille would need to be signed by Hawks first, I guess.

But there is no need to call up anyone - send Dano down and keep Mashinter as 13th forward...

marco1475

Mar 17, 2015
I am not convinced that sending Dano to Rockford will help his development.

Time and time again we see kids from the AHL making it up for a few games, not hacking it (according to Q), and being sent down again. Then they never see NHL ice as 'Hawks again as they get used as trade chips.

I believe there is a ceiling of how far you can grow in the AHL and Dano is pretty much there. He either needs to play at the NHL level in order to grow. If Q doesn't have the patience for that then Dano needs to be traded.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I am not convinced that sending Dano to Rockford will help his development.

Time and time again we see kids from the AHL making it up for a few games, not hacking it (according to Q), and being sent down again. Then they never see NHL ice as 'Hawks again as they get used as trade chips.

I believe there is a ceiling of how far you can grow in the AHL and Dano is pretty much there. He either needs to play at the NHL level in order to grow. If Q doesn't have the patience for that then Dano needs to be traded.

Disagree. Look at players like Nuquist, Tatar and TT, to name a few who have benefited from not being rushed. The players don't like it much but there are precious few who are truly ready for the NHL at Dano's age. And Q is not one to let a kid develop in the NHL. We all know that.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If he is not going to play we should send him down and let him play big minutes till around the Allstar break the. You bring him up and let him play everyday with the hope that he ready for the playoffs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
If he's not going to play then they should send him down, but I don't think there's anything left for him to learn at the AHL level.

I think he needs NHL playing time to find his rhythm more than anything.

How about trading Shaw+ for a 3C, and slotting Dano in the 3RW spot?

We don't need a 3C. We need an LW. Ideally one that can slot into a top 6 role and move TT down to 3C.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
After last game I would sit Garbutt for that penalty on the bench. Inexcusable.

It didn't really look intentional. Which is why it was a bench minor instead of interference and probably fine for Garbutt.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It didn't really look intentional. Which is why it was a bench minor instead of interference and probably fine for Garbutt.

Probably not, but dumb enough to sit. He had a decent start to the season but sense then I haven't seen anything beyond being just a guy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Dano is not a 4th line player. Him replacing Garbutt does nothing.

Him being in the AHL playing 1st line mins is much better than sitting in the press box. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Dano is not a 4th line player. Him replacing Garbutt does nothing.

Him being in the AHL playing 1st line mins is much better than sitting in the press box. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.

I'd put him at 3RW and Shaw at 4W.

But I agree, if he's not going to play 75% of the time, I'd prefer he'd be in the AHL.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If he's not going to play then they should send him down, but I don't think there's anything left for him to learn at the AHL level.

I think he needs NHL playing time to find his rhythm more than anything.

We don't need a 3C. We need an LW. Ideally one that can slot into a top 6 role and move TT down to 3C.

Interesting, so you think Teravainen is still the long-term 3C solution? It kind of seems like the team has given up on that idea.

Back on Dec. 2nd Quenneville said, "We feel playing with Johnny's probably where he's going to end up at some point, and hopefully he takes advantage of it."

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is exactly the reason why I suggested moving him now if Q has already made up in his mind that he doesn't like Dano's game. The only outcome that can happen from him getting no playing time is creating a rift between Dano and Q, which effectively will result in reduced value on trade market.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
This is exactly the reason why I suggested moving him now if Q has already made up in his mind that he doesn't like Dano's game. The only outcome that can happen from him getting no playing time is creating a rift between Dano and Q, which effectively will result in reduced value on trade market.

Yep, that's how I see it too.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Probably not, but dumb enough to sit. He had a decent start to the season but sense then I haven't seen anything beyond being just a guy.

What? He has been good all season. An unintentional high stick while moving down the bench is dumb enough to sit? This is a new level for hf boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad