Danny Kristo could be going to jail

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
:shakehead:

I really find it to bad that he is a head case like this. He is our best offensive prospect not in the NHL IMO. Maybe equal with Hudon and Bozon, he has amazing skill.

If he gets his act together he can become an awesome threat in our top 6.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'm a BIG Kristo fan and I sincerely hope this does not make us move him. If we do, we will lose another trade.

Analyzer*

Lawyer: Mr. Kristo is a young male in his party years. Aside from this he's been great for his community. He knows he did wrong and he's willing to make amends by helping his community out with community service.

Judge: I assign you 200 hours of community service.

Case done.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That rascal! Cussing in a cheer, wearing flip flops in winter, buying booze for minors. It's like an episode of Leave it to Beaver.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Anyone else feel like he's been in University for an eternity? I'm getting a real "Bluto" vibe from him.

SeriousFan09

Jul 15, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
This is the definition of a non-story. Who wants to bet Kristo wasn't given beer by his senior teammates when he was under 21 at UND? This is College and everyone's bypassing the ridiculous drinking age the country has.

Not a character issue. Just how things work. Imagine if Canada 21-and-under drinking laws, what legion of 'illegal drinking' stories would swirl around the Major juniors?

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Anyone else feel like he's been in University for an eternity? I'm getting a real "Bluto" vibe from him.

Yeah, it seems like he's been in the USHL forever (only 3 years!), but he was only drafted in 2008 and isn't a top prospect, so his development will take longer. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Van Wilder though.

I'm still not sure what lot of people see in him. He's always looked very ho-hum to me, but I hope something good happens with him soon. Avoiding jail time would be a start.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Yeah, it seems like he's been in the USHL forever (only 3 years!), but he was only drafted in 2008 and isn't a top prospect, so his development will take longer. Hopefully he doesn't turn into Van Wilder though.

I'm still not sure what lot of people see in him. He's always looked very ho-hum to me, but I hope something good happens with him soon. Avoiding jail time would be a start.

You think his Gartner-like speed may have something to do with it?

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
I can tell you my friend in the Q didnt party all night long and was focusing hard on his future career while his teammates were clubbing (and he is an extrovert and a party beast)
Kristo is simply immature and hockey isnt his priority, its normal for a young student to party but Kristo isnt a simple student, no work ethic, I wish we didnt waste a pick on him.
My 2 cents.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm not a Kristo fan by any means, but he does have second line upside and is probably second behind Collberg in skill as far as our wingers go.

Don't think this is a big deal except he's probably not the sharpest, but as long as he takes things more seriously in the AHL next year, whatever.

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
This is stupid and it is ridiculous and hypocritical for anyone to call the kid out on this. I'm sure you consumed alcohol before you were legal age and you would have been pissed if someone would not buy it for you. People did it for me when I was growing up, I passed on that kindness to others. No big deal and this is not a big deal either.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Yep...I've been saying it forever (this applies to the legal age of 19 in the rest of Canada as well)

If you're old enough to vote and you're old enough to die for your country....then you're god damned old enough to have a beer!!!

The US legal system is the worst on Earth.

Ewww... let's not get ridiculous now. There's countries where it's illegal for woman to work without permission from a guardian or vote, etc.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Like the majority have said this is a non-issue. Happens all the time, just sucks to get caught

Habtchum*

Pretty sure a merely competent lawyer will be able to get him out of any possible jail time.

No doubt Kristo will need to live with a vet if he's ever part of our team lol.

He should stay at Goeff Molson's home... The fridge is always full of free beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad